Ghost

axlslash

That was outstanding. Can't imagine how fucking weird that must have been if you'd never heard of Ghost before! The band's energy was as good as I've seen it, and that bit with the kids was creepy as all hell (pun intended). These guys are the best new band in years. Can't wait to see what they do next.

• Like 1

Judging by Reddit, Ghost's reception by casual viewers and non-fans was surprisingly positive. I've seen a lot of people who claim to not like metal at all say they absolutely loved it, and the worst comments I've seen are people saying it's not their cup of tea but they can certainly appreciate it. I've yet to read an outright negative comment about them last night.

• Like 2

Judging by Reddit, Ghost's reception by casual viewers and non-fans was surprisingly positive. I've seen a lot of people who claim to not like metal at all say they absolutely loved it, and the worst comments I've seen are people saying it's not their cup of tea but they can certainly appreciate it. I've yet to read an outright negative comment about them last night.

That's great. I'm really glad to see them getting the mainstream attention that they deserve. Hopefully they're next trip across the pond will come with even more increased exposure. Big ups to Colbert (an incredibly devout catholic) for being willing to give them this push.

I thought the performance was awesome. Yeah, they shortened the intro, but otherwise it was so cool with the fog and the candle light.

Loved the audience participation. That was a nice surprise.

I can't wait for Ghost to come back to tour the US again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8pIM-aV4kWQ

Their very first booked show. Papa Emeritus I is definitely the creepiest Papa. 23:50 proves my point :lol:

That they were so good so early is truly amazing. They just command a room, no matter how big, and Papa played that crowd like an instrument. I had never seen this before, thanks for sharing!

Kinda hipster of me but part of me wants the next Ghost album to be more like the first and the band to become less approachable, in a way. I'm seeing these Ghost manga/anime fanart, these chicks dressing up as papa and stuff... And I'm afraid Ghost becomes kinda of a "fever" band, y'know?

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, Silent Jay said:

CbSt972UUAA2FLv.jpg

Excellent news. Glad to see them getting the mainstream recognition that they deserve, and nice to see real rock getting paise. I'm disappointed that this category doesn't get TV time, but proud of the band nonetheless. 

• Like 1

So happy for Ghost. The best band to come along in a long time! Just wished they could have performed live! Were they showed on tv? I didn't watch the Grammy's but I was aware Ghost won. I will dvr it this weekend to speed up all the crap I don't want to see. lol

Edited by dontdamnmeuyi2015

Just now, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

So happy for Ghost. The best band to come along in a long time! Just wished they could have performed live! Were they showed on tv? I didn't watch the Grammy's but I was aware Ghost won. I will dvr it this weekend to speed up all the crap I don't want to see. lol

Nope, not on tv. But my man Silent Jay got you covered. Sucks it was pre-show. Place was half full, they got a real shitty applause/welcome. Didn't even play their song. Really good album. I'm not even the biggest metal head but I loved Meliora. My man said thanks, now go party :lol:

Just now, Silent Jay said:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Cosmo said:

I hope Papa doesn't slowly less and less wear the pope costume. It's a lot more shocking and iconic than those other clothes.

I'm all for Papa IV being more conservative than Papa III is. "Undressed" Papa sort of doesn't fit into the image, or whatever. You know what I mean. 

2 days left!

3 hours ago, CheapJon said:

I'm all for Papa IV being more conservative than Papa III is. "Undressed" Papa sort of doesn't fit into the image, or whatever. You know what I mean. 

2 days left!

I agree. I'm thinking they're gonna "fire" Papa III for exactly this reason. I hope papa IV is a fat, grumpy old man, like a fat, bloated, Papa I. Something really satanic.