Favorite Star Wars prequel?

wfuckinga

Favorite Star Wars prequel?  

25 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Fucking hell! I've not seen it in ages but I can't believe how bad the effects look only a few years later. I've seen better on my XBox seriously. It looks unbelievably bad.

Compare the look of that scene to this which was made 25 years earlier and it speaks volumes. :blink:

Also, what the fuck is going on with that accent from Ewan McGregor? :rofl-lol:

Edited by Dazey

Obviously he was trying to sound like Alec Guinness.

He failed miserably. The thing is that he can do a really good English accent and has done on a number of occasions. I think he was basically rubbed off on by the overwhelming shitness of the film. He even admitted himself that the prequels were a steaming pile of arse.

As someone mentioned in the other thread, if I was a little kid I would have really loved Episode I.

The fight between Maul and the two Jedi at the end of that film is well cool, as opposed to the stupid pissing contest between Anakin and Obi Wan in III...though the fight where Anakin kills Dooku is pretty decent come to think of it.

Im not sure if I could pick a favourite out of the prequels, they all have some cool things and they all have some fucking rubbish in them (and too much lightsabering!!!)

Obviously he was trying to sound like Alec Guinness.

He failed miserably. The thing is that he can do a really good English accent and has done on a number of occasions. I think he was basically rubbed off on by the overwhelming shitness of the film. He even admitted himself that the prequels were a steaming pile of arse.

Yeah, still got a nice check and he gets to be that guy who defeated Darth Vadar.

Phantom Menace because Hayden Christensen isn't in it.

But I'd rather not know how Vader became Vader.

"So how did you became Darth Vadar"

"I was a virgin and wanted to get with this chick. I took advice from this creepy old man and murdered a bunch of children. Then I fell into a lava pit. And you know the rest of the story.

TPM, far and away. It comes the closest of the three to having something resembling a fun, adventure-like plot, genuine human emotion, cool battles that don't go over the top (don't get me wrong, the last 20 minutes of ROTS are a guilty pleasure of mine) and the sets aren't as overly CGI as they were in 2 and 3. It's still bad, but not nearly as bad as the next two. If you take away the multitude of flaws, you could come out with a salvagable film. That wouldn't be possible with II and III. The first 20ish minutes of ROTS are the worst stretch of time in the entire SW series. There is not a single memorable moment in that entire intro.

Plus, Liam fuckin' Neeson.

Edited by bacardimayne

Phantom Menace easily. Yeah, it had Jar Jar...but besides that Episode I had some nicely choreographed fights, a good villain, a half-decent, coherent story, a good score and real sets (at least compared to the CGI gorefest of E II and III).

• Like 1

The Phantom Menace is fucking atrocious. The only good thing about it is Darth Maul.

The rest is fucking gack.

Still better than 2 and 3.

good-good-let-the-stupidity-flow-through

What's good about episode 2? I legitimately cannot think of a single thing, apart from Ewan McGregor, who's in 1 as well. 3 is just a CGI shitfest with loads of fan service thrown in. 1 has the pod race and darth maul fight, the best two scenes of the prequels.

That said, we're basically arguing over which flavor of shit is the most palatable, so I'll leave it here. They're all bad, 1 is the least bad.