Slash's Third Album - "World On Fire"

ZoSoRose

Rods voice was FAR better than Eric Dover. But I still loved both albums. Remember when Apocalyptic love had like 30 second samples of each song a few months before it's release? You think we might get that for World on Fire?

• Like 1

Remember when Apocalyptic love had like 30 second samples of each song a few months before it's release? You think we might get that for World on Fire?

Sure thing but still don't know when...probably 1 or 2 weeks before the release. ;)

Remember when Apocalyptic love had like 30 second samples of each song a few months before it's release? You think we might get that for World on Fire?

Sure thing but still don't know when...probably 1 or 2 weeks before the release. ;)

The whole album will probably be leaked by then lol.

Hey Slash2baz a friend of mine is going to the Basel/Switzerland gig in November, on the ticket it's written Slash &Special Guest .Who is it ? And is this Special Guest with Slash during the whole tour ? Thx

day3%20(5).jpg

Rehearsals Day 3 a couple of days ago ! :headbang:

:devilshades:

What a beast! Ahhhh yeah.

They're releasing it weeks in advance in Classic Rock Magazine, I believe. So it'll be... around.

Classic Rock fan pack ? it's on Sept 15th as well as european release ;)

Oh ok :D. Well that's only like 10 weeks.... we can survive!... maybe.

Edited by Ant

On german amazon the album will be released september 12th.

Also, if I remember right, we had 90 second samples of each song and the first six songs of Apocalyptic Love were online on Facebook befor it's release

"Slash" was fully "leaked" on amazon as well

Hey Slash2baz a friend of mine is going to the Basel/Switzerland gig in November, on the ticket it's written Slash &Special Guest .Who is it ? And is this Special Guest with Slash during the whole tour ? Thx

MONSTER TRUCK will be the support act on the upcoming european Tour. CALIFORNIA BREED + Twenty two hundred will open on the UK part of the Tour.

The album will be out in Japan Sept 10th! :headbang:

Man. How does Japan manage to get albums earlier than the rest of the world? Is it because bands don't play there often?

Japan is one of the few countries on this planet left that still genuinely loves hard rock music as a whole. Mr. Big can play a 7,000+ capacity venue and sell decently well there, while in America I saw them at BB Kings in NY..... a capacity of, 500 people? Same goes for lots of other bands, Heaven and Hell, Marty Friedman, etc. Japan loves it.

Man. How does Japan manage to get albums earlier than the rest of the world? Is it because bands don't play there often?

Japan is one of the few countries on this planet left that still genuinely loves hard rock music as a whole. Mr. Big can play a 7,000+ capacity venue and sell decently well there, while in America I saw them at BB Kings in NY..... a capacity of, 500 people? Same goes for lots of other bands, Heaven and Hell, Marty Friedman, etc. Japan loves it.

It's also because albums cost a lot more there. Releasing early and adding exclusive tracks are two tactics used to stop people in Japan just importing the albums.

• Like 1

It's also because albums cost a lot more there. Releasing early and adding exclusive tracks are two tactics used to stop people in Japan just importing the albums.

Interesting, did not know that, thanks.

I asked Frank Sidoris on Instagram if You Could Be Mine and Pretty Tied Up were being rehearsed, and he responded with "We'll see". Now I see this

10377615_10152178607676921_1410637440972

frg7dK3Hw6cvaG7vPkkt.gifp_hlNhjycpPWVj2dQTKL.png

Holy fuck, YCBM?

YESSSSS

GGGGGGGAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH I might have to buy a ticket for the 2nd Paris show now :drool:

Edited by Amir

I don't know about YCBM. Not really one of my faves and, if Myles doesn't nail it (quite unlikely), all the freakin haters would be like "He sings it worst than Axl" and blah, blah, blah and, quite frankly, reading it brings an aura that I don't need.

Edited by Anguyen92
  • Like 1

I feel like playing YCBM would feel kinda cheesy. Such an Axl song to be honest... Most of the AFD album tracks are much more open to personal interpretation.

I don't think Myles could sell it haha. He doesn't have the sorta rage that fuels songs like YCBM and Out ta Get Me etc. I feel like I can already completely picture how he'd do those last verses..."don't forget to call my lawyers." Guess we'll see. I like Pretty Tied Up too but they should play their new material man!

Edited by Ant

I don't think Myles could sell it haha. He doesn't have the sorta rage that fuels songs like YCBM and Out ta Get Me etc. I feel like I can already completely picture how he'd do those last verses..."don't forget to call my lawyers."

Wonder if it'll be a Todd-vocals performance like Out ta Get Me and WTTJ? Could be the new "Myles takes a break" bit in the set.

Would be really hard for Todd to do vocals and bass at the same time on this track, though, so I guess Myles could still do it. Yeah, it wouldn't be Axl, but I can hear him in my head doing a decent job of it.

Guys, Slash playing a Mockingbird doesn't mean "You Could Be Mine" in the setlist !
Remember the US Tour 2012, he brang the guitar on tour to play "Dr Alibi" and "Out Ta Get Me" ;)

1.jpg
Plus when I asked about "pretty tied up" and YCBM, it was like 2 years ago, things change quickly in Slash's world ! :P