Family Guy killed a member of the Griffin family

AxlisOld

Family Guy was consistently good seasons 1-7ish. After that it became hit or miss, and after that it became stupidly redundant and pointless. I was a huge fan when Adult Swim took the helm with FG back in the mid 2000's, I haven't bothered to watch a new episode since season 9? I think. Not to say there haven't been good episodes, but ratio of good:bad became atrocious.

Thats a shame. Quite like that character.

I still watch the show if its on and I happen to be surfing past it, or if someone tells me to check out a specific episode. Shows like this always slowly become hit n' miss after a certain amount of seasons with regard to consistency.

American Dad overtook Family Guy, and thats now on its downfall as well really,...but again still hilarious at times.

Fairly certain the golden days of adult cartoons are over. Even South Park, which has been praised constantly for years for being creative and new, seems stale and tired.

Yeah, now it's all about unimaginative stoner cartoon shit like Adventure Time. I blame Aqua Teen Hunger Force.

Edited by bacardimayne

Roger + Steve is 1,000,000,000 times better than Brian and Stewie.

I gotta say, I have yet to see an episode of American Dad that I dislike. That and Ted are the only things Seth MacFarlane has done right.

I bet Stewie builds a time machine after massive fan backlash

Honestly, they probably have it all planned out anyway. Kind of the same situation when you thought they 'killed' Lois off.

"Yea but isn't that just like a giant middle finger to the audience?"

"No I would think they would just enjoy the ride."

does anyone really think in a cartoon series that killing off a character will be final?

isn't this the same show where a character traveled back in time and into the future or whatever? he'll be back.

i don't like family guy though, there's something overly smug about it that rubs me the wrong way. i liked ted, but overall i'm not a fan of macfarlane. i think his humour is fratty and lacking in the smart satire and subversiveness of, say, south park at its peak. macfarlane just goes for easy laughs and has a penchant for cruelty without any redeeming qualities.

ted worked because in the framework of a feature film he added some sentimentality and more of a narrative, but even then, i have to admit some of the sentimentality seemed more like sarcasm and a parody than genuine. i wouldn't be surprised if the sequel really sucks.

• Like 1

Well I just saw the episode.

Also... There's future episodes with Brian in the title...

This could be purposely leaked false information to keep up coming plots a secret but more evidence suggests that in episode 23, it's an episode about Brian wanting to become a marathon runner and the source of this probable misinformation comes from the guest stars who's worked on this episode.

Until now, I never realised I was a geek.