Which Guns N' Roses do you prefer?

Snake-Pit

Guns N' Roses, Old or New?  

78 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

GNR '99-'09 lineups >>

Fuck you young man :lol: I really mean that, fuck you :lol: This is why kids these days don't come up with no decent fuckin' bands, cuz they wouldn't be able to tell one way or another cuz they got shit in their ears. Were it up to me, people like you would be driven from their homes, stripped naked, covered in treacle, have their wrists cuffed to their ankles, loaded on a horse drawn cart and paraded through the streets for people to point, abuse and pelt things at. With special stalls set up along the route selling snooker balls and jagged rocks and rotten fruit for the lined up masses :lol: You foul youth!

Proper GnR, on their worst fuckin' Spag Incident Era day, drunk, stoned on the Eve of their respective mothers funerals would play NuGnR right the fuck off any stage on this planet.

Supporters should get more room for quotes because I'd make this post my signature. Nobody who saw the classic lineups would vote for new Gn'R other than Volcano and that's only because he wants party passes.

I'm sure some gnr-educating kid will tell me how the new guys are better musicians but that means little to me since there are local guys at bars who can play better than Slash however they haven't written a timeless classic like SCOM. This isn't Dream Theatre so who cares if these guys can outplay the classic lineup.

You shoulda made the results public so we could all see the kids who voted for the new lineup. They weren't around for the real deal so they aren't as attached to the old guys as much as us old folk are.

There is no such thing as "old or new GNR". There are merely different line-ups. Ignoring minor changes, you have four separate eras to choose from; Appetite, Illusions, Chinese or Appetite V2.

My personal preference is the Chinese era.

This should be:

- Classic Guns (Axl, Izzy, Slash, Duff, Adler)

- UYI Guns v1 (Axl, Izzy, Slash, Duff, Matt, Dizzy)

- UYI Guns v2 (Axl, Slash, Duff, Matt, Dizzy, Gilby)

- Sympathy Guns (Axl, Slash, Duff, Matt, Dizzy, Paul Tobias)

----

- New Guns v1 1998-1999 (Axl, Paul Tobias, Finck, Tommy, Dizzy, Pitman, Freese)

- New Guns v2 2001 (Axl, Buckethead, Finck, Tommy, Dizzy, Pitman, Brain, Paul Tobias)

- New Guns v3 2002 (Axl, Buckethead, Finck, Tommy, Dizzy, Pitman, Brain, Fortus)

- New Guns v4 2006 (Axl, Finck, Tommy, Dizzy, Pitman, Brain, Fortus, Ron)

- New Guns v5 2006-2008 (Axl, Finck, Tommy, Dizzy, Pitman, Fortus, Ron, Frank)

- New Guns v6 2009-2014 (Axl, Tommy, Dizzy, Pitman, Fortus, Ron, Frank, Ashba)

^^ Looks horrid, doesn't it?

This should be:

----

- New Guns v2 2001 (Axl, Buckethead, Finck, Tommy, Dizzy, Pitman, Brain, Paul Tobias)

- New Guns v3 2002 (Axl, Buckethead, Finck, Tommy, Dizzy, Pitman, Brain, Fortus)

It's better to look at it in terms of the musicians that made an original album. I love GNR period; but my favourite era is Chinese Democracy. Edited by NGOG

There is no such thing as "old or new GNR". There are merely different line-ups. Ignoring minor changes, you have four separate eras to choose from; Appetite, Illusions, Chinese or Appetite V2.

My personal preference is the Chinese era.

Legally speaking it is a new entity: Axl dissolved the old band and formed a new band under the same name.

Legally speaking it is a new entity: Axl dissolved the old band and formed a new band under the same name.

He didn't form a new band, he formed a new partnership. Slash, Duff and Matt were briefly part of the new partnership. So how do you differentiate?

He didn't form a new band, he formed a new partnership. Slash, Duff and Matt were briefly part of the new partnership. So how do you differentiate?

Same thing as the partnership was the then legal underpinning of the band.

My itallics.

"This will serve as notice [that] effective [...] Decemeber 30th 1995, I will withdraw from the partnership. [...] I intend to use the name 'Guns N' Roses' in connection with a new group which I will form."

(Slash & Duff v. Axl lawsuit document, 2004)

Guest Len B'stard

I think this is just a blag that New GnR fans cling to to hang onto some of glory and lustre of the old band.

I think this is just a blag that New GnR fans cling to to hang onto some of glory and lustre of the old band.

Thankfully, I'm not that invested in GNR.

I'm just in it for the music. It's not some sort of personal struggle.

This should be:

----

Damn it's so easy to forget how talented that 2002 lineup was. If Axl wasn't insane, we could've gotten some really cool music from that lineup.

Depends.

I like 2002 lineup better than old or current.

I can't judge the current lineup based on the fact they haven't released anything. I like Bumble and Fortus. Here's how it breaks down for me.

Favorites:

Lead guitar 1: Buckethead, then Bumblefoot, then Slash.

Lead guitar 2: Finck, then DJ.

Rhythm guitar: Fortus, then Duff, then Paul.

Drums: Freese, then Sorum, then Frank, then Adler, then Brain.

Bass: Izzy, then Tommy