10 Years on MyGNRForum

Yeah, wow. I honestly remember registering like it was yesterday. Home from uni for the holidays. Up late one night in my parents' basement remembering/thinking about GN'R and wanting to talk to other fans. I think I'd googled "Guns N' Roses forum" and this came up. Liked the layout of the site and promptly registered. Haha my first post was a big, block paragraph in a thread Madison started (I think) about how I definitely believed the original lineup would reunite one day (lol). Since that post was made in early 2004, I quickly grew to love "nu" lineups, and I still do.

I'm not a huge poster here, but in these last 10 years, I'm not sure I've missed many days browsing and I've kept up with nearly every and all drama that's taken place.

My biggest forum moment was getting a PM from Dexter, Axl himself. I'll explain: at one point, I grew really pissed off with what seemed like an overwhelming amount of tolerance by forum mods and team for Axl bashing. At that point, I vowed to leave MyGNR and browse HTGTH exclusively. Couldn't do it and still wanted to participate in discussions over here, so I made an alternate username. On the night of Dexter's visit, and pretty much immediately after his first post, something struck me as odd about it; as in like, I sort of believed Dexter was Axl, even before Eric confirmed this, so I sent him a PM asking, "Are you really, thee W. Axl Rose?" and his response was, "Yes and thanks for your support!" So awesome.

I remember early usernames around here like:

- Franchelle, a chick who seemed a bit "peppery" as a poster, but was apparently hot as hell in real life.

- Mike Guiliana, who ended up getting banned.

- Bono, who got banned for 5 years, but then returned as we know him today.

- Projected, who I believe was in the military and a forum comrade of Thomas Meadows.

- Spud Jr., who back in 05, was like, 14 or 15 years old I think, but a quality poster.

- AxlRoseVen, aka Reincarnated, who was absolutely fuuuu-king hilarious... He'd use language translation sites to publish in English, and his posts were all fucked up and made no sense. He'd always get extremely pissed off whenever anyone had the slightest difference of opinion, and call you horrible names like, "rotten whale sperm."

- Mr. Fukaji's Neon Funhouse

... to name a few.

In the time that's passed, I've graduated from college, had a few different jobs, worked for myself, been through horrible breakups of relationships, "gotten back up," discovered a love for fitness and now compete regularly in bodybuilding (men's physique) competitions, etc. etc. etc.

So yeah, just being nostalgic for a minute. Thanks to anyone & everyone who's ever been here, left here, is here, or will be here.

Been a crazy ride so far. Here's to 10 more :D

• Like 2

Guest Len B'stard

One of the most criminally underrated posters we have. Dalsh is another one. In terms of quality on topic informative posts Dalsh should be top of the table on this forum.

• Like 1

Aren't you the guy that posted a video where you imitated Axl performing Street of Dreams?

I knew by how shredded you were that you compete. What gear do you run?

Guest Len B'stard

One of the most criminally underrated posters we have. Dalsh is another one. In terms of quality on topic informative posts Dalsh should be top of the table on this forum.

Yes to the former, no to the latter.

Dalsh is a fantastic poster, bless him, never gets into any kicks off with anyone, always informative and on topic, knows a FUCKLOAD about all kinds of music, i find him really interesting :)

Yes to the former, no to the latter.

Dalsh is a fantastic poster, bless him, never gets into any kicks off with anyone, always informative and on topic, knows a FUCKLOAD about all kinds of music, i find him really interesting :)

He's a human encyclopedia on all things related to pop culture.

I've been here for a while too. The longest I've spent away from Mygnr are the three weeks or so that the forum was down. But lately I don't enjoy it anymore; I think I'm bored with the concept of a forum.

ah man, you know, thanks a lot to all you guys lol. Truly appreciate, no lie :) Funny how one can be even closer to members of an internet community than those in their real life. And moreover, how, as I mentioned in my OP, even though I'm not a mega poster, I still feel just as connected. Feels kind of analogous to real life in that nobody is the same/everyone's different. All different types of folks experiencing life simultaneously and in their own unique ways.

Very kind words, Lenny, thank you man. Wish I could count the number of times I've laughed out loud at the hilarious & filthy stuff you say haha. 10/10, friend.

Congratulations mate! ^_^ I'll be having my 10 year anniversary in 5 days as well. ;) Can't believe some of us (including me) are still here. It's been quite a ride! :)

Username, thank you man!! That's true haha, you've been here for an ass long amount of time too hahaha.

Aren't you the guy that posted a video where you imitated Axl performing Street of Dreams?

I knew by how shredded you were that you compete. What gear do you run?

Yes, yes lol. I was wondering if anyone else would follow suit just for fun haha. Also thx very much for shredded compliment. No gear though. Really just the right lighting and angles haha. Actually, while not gear, I've used that OxyElite Pro stuff to cut in the past. That stuff will shred you up like nobody's business, imo. Probably comes close to clen, I'd bet.

Congrats dude. There aren´t too many "oldies" from that era that are still lurking or posting.

I used to read the forum a lot during 2002 but I didn´t register until 2003. I´ve had good and bad times here, I´ve met old kinds of people and some even got to be friends in real life.

The first person who ever sent me a pm was a girl named Prettytiedup or something like that. I remember some of the veterans like Leigh-rock , Jack99, Charles Manson, Username, UK Subs... to name a few. A lot of people have come and gone including myself lol.

Congrats dude. There aren´t too many "oldies" from that era that are still lurking or posting.

I used to read the forum a lot during 2002 but I didn´t register until 2003. I´ve had good and bad times here, I´ve met old kinds of people and some even got to be friends in real life.

The first person who ever sent me a pm was a girl named Prettytiedup or something like that. I remember some of the veterans like Leigh-rock , Jack99, Charles Manson, Username, UK Subs... to name a few. A lot of people have come and gone including myself lol.

We're all basically timeless classics. Like Dark Side Of The Moon or Sgt. Pepper's or Exile On Main St.

Paula McKagan, Sekh Met, Big Boy Sixx, Binge&Slash, a_fan, IndiannaRose, Shearaxl, nameless_girl, Lindy, new_rose, Jive, Spike, The Terminator, Bono, Rammellezee, Mike Guilanna, Projected, R_lucky, Ghost_guns, Rocketking, Fukaji, badapples, Shaz, Cherry_bomb... Oh, and ARQ is also still around from that era. Ok, some of those are more 2005'ish, but that totally counts. The list is long. ;) Give me a while and I can think of more.

Edited by username
  • Like 1