Metallica vs. Megadeth

ITG

Megadeth. The best Metallica records had Mustaine's fingerprints all over them, and Megadeth have been far more consistent than Metallica since the Black Album came out. Metallica's highs are higher than Megadeth's, but Deth have the higher average. Also, Megadeth's last few records have been some of the strongest of their career, while Metallica....Lulu and St. Anger? Nope nope nope. Mustaine is a Megadouche, but Megadeth take it easily for me.

• Like 1

Gotta say, I was way into Megadeth back in the day, but they haven't really done anything since the Menza/Friedman lineup that I'd call top notch except for System Has Failed. Metallica always seems to manage a top charting album year after year, plays the Grammys, releases movies, takes down Napster, and tours almost non stop to places Megadeth would never even dream of going. And in the ultimate alpha gesture, they got all the other members of the Big 4 to open for them not that long ago.
Also Mustaine is such a whiner. He cries every time he talks to Lars.

Megadeth. The best Metallica records had Mustaine's fingerprints all over them, and Megadeth have been far more consistent than Metallica since the Black Album came out. Metallica's highs are higher than Megadeth's, but Deth have the higher average. Also, Megadeth's last few records have been some of the strongest of their career, while Metallica....Lulu and St. Anger? Nope nope nope. Mustaine is a Megadouche, but Megadeth take it easily for me.

Perfect.

I probably like Megadeth's highs better than Metallica's, and I like newer stuff from both of them (moreso Megadeth).

What is it with you morons and talking about latter day shit like it matters? It's the classics that do. Fact is Master of Puppets and yes, most definitely the Black Album have had more critical and commercial acclaim and influence than Rust in Peace or Peace Sells ever will have ergo, objectively speaking Metallica wins and that's coming from someone who loves Mustaine and only bought Rust last year but flogged it so much I already need a new copy. :lol:

What is it with you morons and talking about latter day shit like it matters? It's the classics that do. Fact is Master of Puppets and yes, most definitely the Black Album have had more critical and commercial acclaim and influence than Rust in Peace or Peace Sells ever will have ergo, objectively speaking Metallica wins and that's coming from someone who loves Mustaine and only bought Rust last year but flogged it so much I already need a new copy. :lol:

I swear I dig some of megadeth's latest more than some of the classics.

I swear I dig some of megadeth's latest more than some of the classics.

It doesn't matter though. When you're talking about each band's legacy it's essentially KEA to the Black Album vs. Killing is my Business to Rust in Peace (push it to Countdown, maybe?).

Master of Puppets, Ride The Lightning, ...And Justice For All and s/t (Black Album) are some of the greatest albums ever. Much better than Megadave's albums IMO but I do enjoy a few songs off of Rust and Peace Sells.

I think Metallica's classics are better than Megadeth's. That being said, I think Megadeth's more experimental albums are much better than what they get credit for. Youthanasia and Cryptic Writings are pretty damn awesome.

Cryptic Writings yes, I never got into Youthanasia though.