Did you know? (Rare & little known GNR facts thread)

Let's make a thread where you can post any facts about GNR that aren't well known.

To start it off I will come up with the first one.

Did you know that on AFD Axl Rose recorded each song line by line? So high were his perfectionism and ambitions that he just did one line at a time.

• Like 2

Izzy got fed up with Axl and left

Slash got fed up with Axl and left

Duff got fed up with Axl and left

Matt got fired by Axl for sticking up for Slash

Axl fired Gilby, just because

Izzy fucked everyone getting out of the band all of a sudden in the middle of one million things happening

Slash left the band in a period of time Axl was probably in need of him in many ways because of all the shit he was dealing with.

Duff left the band for who knows which reasons.

Matt got fired because he was an asshole.

Gilby was probably no good at all as regards composing.

Conclusion: Axl is better off without these people with the exception of one Izzy here or a Duff there. lol

I actually read about that last Friday.

• Like 1

All Appetite Guns of course..

Stradlin used to be LA's biggest junk dealer and once sold smack to Joe Perry

Slash once peed his pants in the lobby of a hotel - luckily they were leather pants

Slash lived in England until he was 12 and was an English citizen until 1992.

Stradlin was the only member who graduated

None of the band were born in CA, or even spent their earliest childhood in CA. They were all migrants.

Duff went back to college, doing economics, after he sobered up in the mid 90s

I believe/have heard of all the others but have never heard this one and it sounds unbelievable. When you say "biggest" do you really mean like the absolute biggest in LA? Or just a well known heroin dealer?

I believe/have heard of all the others but have never heard this one and it sounds unbelievable. When you say "biggest" do you really mean like the absolute biggest in LA? Or just a well known heroin dealer?

Well maybe I used a bit of hyperbole but he was certainly one of LA's biggest smack dealers, him and his girlfriend Desi. He used to sell heroin from his window in that sleazy part of LA behind Mann's Chinese Theatre. Duff lived across the street apparently in a cockroach infested hovel.

Slash once peed his pants in the lobby of a hotel - luckily they were leather pants

None of the band were born in CA, or even spent their earliest childhood in CA. They were all migrants.

Pretty sure Slash became a citizen after 1993 and a dual one at that.

Pretty sure Slash became a citizen after 1993 and a dual one at that.

He became an US citizen on October 3rd 1992.

Here is another one..

- Izzy's first LA band and his first live gig was with a crossdressing punk outfit called, The Naughty Women.

Edited by DieselDaisy

Izzy got fed up with Axl and left

Slash got fed up with Axl and left

Duff got fed up with Axl and left

Matt got fired by Axl for sticking up for Slash

Axl fired Gilby, just because

Izzy fucked everyone getting out of the band all of a sudden in the middle of one million things happening

Slash left the band in a period of time Axl was probably in need of him in many ways because of all the shit he was dealing with.

Duff left the band for who knows which reasons.

Matt got fired because he was an asshole.

Gilby was probably no good at all as regards composing.

Conclusion: Axl is better off without these people with the exception of one Izzy here or a Duff there. lol

OR:

Izzy got sick of the drama and the shit surrounding the whole scenario and being relegated to backup man and demoted. he also did so to save his life from the constant beggars and hangers on that challenged his new clean healthy living. No better way to get Axls attention than to play Axls game right back on him..

Slash had ample reason to call it a day least of all himself being demoted and held hostage to shit that Axl had brought on himself and the organaization. No better way to drive the point home than to play Axls game right back on him.

Duff had reason in the simple fact that nothing was moving in a direction that was remotely Guns and Roses to him and again himself held hostage to Axl and his muse to approve agree and even show up to rehearse and record any meaningful music. No better way than to play Axls game right back on him.

Matt got fired because Matt called Axl on his shit and in return he got treated like a hired hand employee..which he was.

Same with Gilby

Adler made his own grave and lept into it.

On a personal basis.. fine Axl may be better off not having to cooperate and work withing a band stucture and gives him the freedom to come and go as he chooses without having to answer to your business partners nor having to compromise in any manner or any way..

BUT: Seeing hows GNR has so prospered in the last 15 years since and the plethora of creative outlet via music and albums ..the story is what the story is

Let's make a thread where you can post any facts about GNR that aren't well known.

To start it off I will come up with the first one.

Did you know that on AFD Axl Rose recorded each song line by line? So high were his perfectionism and ambitions that he just did one line at a time.

Source please.

The AFD-song Think About You is not about a woman, it's actually about heroin

Source please. Struggling with this one. "Honey now you're my best friend..." "Said baby you'd be looking real good, I remember the time we met"?

I'll try one. In Perfect Crime when Axl says t-1:09 and counting, it's exactly 1:09 left in the song.