Vegas VIP meet and greet

It would be fine if they had a afterparty for VIPs and have Pitman, Bumblefoot & Ferrer do a club set if they still have the energy for it, but they can figure out ways to entertain the VIPs and the sponsors should find something cooler to do for them.

Yes, I'm sure after they've played for 3 hours they'll still want to play for the 'VIPs'... If I were going VIP my mindset would be expect nothing, be glad with anything more you get.

It would be fine if they had a afterparty for VIPs and have Pitman, Bumblefoot & Ferrer do a club set if they still have the energy for it, but they can figure out ways to entertain the VIPs and the sponsors should find something cooler to do for them.

Yes, I'm sure after they've played for 3 hours they'll still want to play for the 'VIPs'... If I were going VIP my mindset would be expect nothing, be glad with anything more you get.

Or just let them into the soundcheck, which some bands do. They'd probably play stuff they never play at the shows if they did it.

I wouldn't spend 1 dollar to meet Axl's band members. I wouldn't spent 500 dollars to meet Axl himself.

Like other posters stated, you have a good chance to meet Axl and the band members outside the venue, for free.

The entire notion of having to pay somebody money so they will shake my hand and sign a picture just seems weird to me. I'll pay a professional plumber or electrician to work on my house, a mechanic to fix my car.....because those guys have more skills at those things than I do. But to pay another human being so they will talk to me for 30 seconds? To know that this person doesn't want to meet me, they don't want to visit with me, they don't want to get to know me - but if I give them $200, they will grace me with their mere presence for a few seconds in a forced meeting.......just seems weird and degrading to me. But hey VIP buyers - spend your money however you'd like, more power to you. Just not something I would ever do.

I wouldn't spend 1 dollar to meet Axl's band members. I wouldn't spent 500 dollars to meet Axl himself.

Like other posters stated, you have a good chance to meet Axl and the band members outside the venue, for free.

The entire notion of having to pay somebody money so they will shake my hand and sign a picture just seems weird to me. I'll pay a professional plumber or electrician to work on my house, a mechanic to fix my car.....because those guys have more skills at those things than I do. But to pay another human being so they will talk to me for 30 seconds? To know that this person doesn't want to meet me, they don't want to visit with me, they don't want to get to know me - but if I give them $200, they will grace me with their mere presence for a few seconds in a forced meeting.......just seems weird and degrading to me. But hey VIP buyers - spend your money however you'd like, more power to you. Just not something I would ever do.

I guess its like going to a prostitute. Paying money to get a feeling thats not real. Its not just meet n greet though you pay good money to anything then you are treated well. You think your waitress or hotel staff really care about your needs? Nah, its just for your money so you feel important.

A lot of people do it for the front row early entry incentive though

I guess its like going to a prostitute. Paying money to get a feeling thats not real. Its not just meet n greet though you pay good money to anything then you are treated well. You think your waitress or hotel staff really care about your needs? Nah, its just for your money so you feel important.

A lot of people do it for the front row early entry incentive though

I have a good friend who doesn't get that concept at all. Every once in awhile I'll tell him "Dude, the girl from coffee stand doesn't have a crush on you. Our waitress doesn't have a crush on you. The bartender doesn't have a crush on you. These people are being nice to you so you'll tip them."

Morris, I understand what you are saying and why/how the concept works. And I get why some people would do it.

I'm just saying for me personally, I'd never pay for a hooker or pay money for some guy to shake my hand and pretend to give a crap about what I said to him.

To each their own though!!!!

• Like 1

Yeah. I met Axl in 2010 and he spent around 20 minutes with me and some other guys. We talked, we laughed. He was really cool. I didn't have to pay anything for that moment and the feeling was real.

Are you one of the guys in the Slash pees his pants video? ;-)

No, but we joked about a girl having a picture with him, naked. :D

• Like 1

Yeah. I met Axl in 2010 and he spent around 20 minutes with me and some other guys. We talked, we laughed. He was really cool. I didn't have to pay anything for that moment and the feeling was real.

Now, hoestly was it 20 minutes?

Maybe more. He took pictures with every single person, even with the police officers that were outside the hotel he was staying in. It took an eternity because he was talkin' with us at the same time. He also signed all the items we gave him.

Maybe more. He took pictures with every single person, even with the police officers that were outside the hotel he was staying in. It took an eternity because he was talkin' with us at the same time. He also signed all the items we gave him.

Thats cool, where was it? Next time film it ;)

I met him twicd for about 8 minutes each time and was cool to take pics..etc

Thats cool, where was it? Next time film it ;)

I met him twicd for about 8 minutes each time and was cool to take pics..etc

I actually did, along with the full concert I attended but later that year I decided to erase it all because I needed the memory card for something else so I made a copy on my external hard drive (which also had all the Gn'R, Snakepit bootlegs I managed to collect for years), all of the sudden the fuckin' thing stopped working so yes, I lost it all. I still have some really nice high-definition shots of the show I went to on my Facebook, though. Anyways, memories last forever and I remember that day as it was yesterday.

I met Axl in 2010 at the Marriott Hotel, Miraflores, Lima, Peru.

When you meet him you're kind of scared of his reaction, at least I was but even when security was being a pain in the ass, he was the one who said "it's okay, I come out I come out", when people started yelling "please a picture, please sign this!" he replied "alright, I'll do it!" then he started joking around and asked to take pictures with the ladies first lol. He was really cool and I left the building very happy. :)

• Like 1

It is not for me. But then, I am not really bothered about meeting the musicians I listen to in the first place to be honest. I remember waiting for Slash outside some seedy Shefield club. I lasted five minutes before deciding I would rather be tucked up in bed. I would not want an autograph from a bricklayer just because he has built me a wall: why would I want an autograph from a musician just because he recorded a record I like? Granted I am a bit of a hypocrite here as I have been known to poach the odd cricket autograph, dossing around outside the pavilion, but, generally I do not understand what all the fuss is about? They are just people. And when you get to Nugnr standard, you have sunk really low. I would be more inclined to approach the people on Geordie Shore for an autograph than DJ Ashba or BF. I do not care about any of these idiots.

And paying for it, paying massive amounts of money I would never do. The laminates and merchandising and stupidity do not interest me.

It is not for me. But then, I am not really bothered about meeting the musicians I listen to in the first place to be honest. I remember waiting for Slash outside some seedy Shefield club. I lasted five minutes before deciding I would rather be tucked up in bed. I would not want an autograph from a bricklayer just because he has built me a wall: why would I want an autograph from a musician just because he recorded a record I like? Granted I am a bit of a hypocrite here as I have been known to poach the odd cricket autograph, dossing around outside the pavilion, but, generally I do not understand what all the fuss is about? They are just people. And when you get to Nugnr standard, you have sunk really low. I would be more inclined to approach the people on Geordie Shore for an autograph than DJ Ashba or BF. I do not care about any of these idiots.

And paying for it, paying massive amounts of money I would never do. The laminates and merchandising and stupidity do not interest me.

For me, an autograph has no value other than if they signed their book or album.

I would want a Ashba and BF autograph on a GNR album but possibly not their other work. I know that's not really

fair because I am none too familiar.

It is cool of him to go out of way to sign autographs. I've heard a lot of good Axl encounter stories. Steven Tyler same.

I think I missed him at 2012 :'(

I should have wait outside the venue but i was just a stupid kid who tends to go after the show end....

Got the DJ's guitar pick from the stage, and got BBF's too, a year later at one of his guitar clinic.