Why are people crapping on Axl so much these days?

I would say Better is more the SCOM of CD and TIL is the Nov Rain.

I think most of us would agree there's a major reach(in terms of quality) on both of these, but yeah, I'd agree those pairings map much more closely.

TIL is a unprecedented cheesefest all unto itself. Too messy to listen to as I swear the Velveta just oozes out of my speaker grills. Thanks Axl. :anger:

To me, Better should have been the first single. It was the catchiest song on the album.

SOD would have been my second choice as it sounds like it was straight off the Illusions and the song that sounds like it could have been from the old band.

Then TWAT or Catcher for their Epic appeal.

I know some of you people love these songs, but I think the general rock public didn't really care and agrees with me that CD, Sorry and Madagascar are pretty generic and boring songs. I know a couple of you die-hards love those songs, but the maybe 20-ish people I've tried to turn the album on to, none of them liked those three songs. Better, Twat, Catcher, SOD and IRS are always the songs they say they like. And Shacklers and This I love always get the most reaction - bad and good - but they are the ones that draw the most conversation.

I would say Better is more the SCOM of CD and TIL is the Nov Rain.

I think most of us would agree there's a major reach(in terms of quality) on both of these, but yeah, I'd agree those pairings map much more closely.

TIL is a unprecedented cheesefest all unto itself. Too messy to listen to as I swear the Velveta just oozes out of my speaker grills. Thanks Axl. :anger:

It kind of fits the opera rock scene of bands like Evanescence, My Chemical Romance. There's a Twilight vibe to TIL and Prostitute.

It is pushing it further, more towards Queen. Never liked Nov Rain that much anyway but it's important song for GNR. They seem similar but NR is longer.

I still think TIL is what people would think That's GNR if they heard on the radio.

Because some fans want Axl to look and sound like he did when he was 25. Not going to happen. That life is over. People get older. Can't ever change it. It's the way it is.

Accept Axl as he is or just move on to someone younger and who's music you like. There are plenty of up and coming young musicians out there to follow. There is always someone to take your place.

Most of us would be happy if he sounded like he did when he was 48, to be honest.

I know I would! Hell even when I saw him in 2011 and in 2012 when I listen back to those videos I can hear considerably stronger vocals than the past few concerts he has sung this year. 2010 wasn't that long ago, who the hell knows what happened between then and now but listening to Nice Boys from the London show with Duff and it is like it is a totally different person

Axl as of late just IMO has been very underwhelming both in terms of exiting activites involving pushing the band forward and vocally.