Why are people crapping on Axl so much these days?

Why? Because it's deserved.

See the thread about short-changing fans who bought VIP packages. See the promises of new material, only for that NOT to happen. See Axl's response to GNR's induction to the R&R HOF. See the last four years of stale set lists. See the botched DVD release. See the $150 ticket prices at some of the small venue shows just so Axl doesn't have to cut his guarantee (or cut it by as much as he should).

I don't ever remember Axl promising anything live. And BTW, not going to the Hall of Fame is about as Rock and Roll as you can get. WTF is wrong with you? Were you at the Hall of Fame ceremony? Did you pay for it? Or any of these shows? Were you there? Have you ever been forced to pay for anything from GNR?

Entitlement society lives on! Dope.

If you don't want to pay, don't go, what the fuck is it to you. Some people pay 100k for a baseball card. It is what it it worth to you. I like how you think you should decide what a GNR show is worth to someone else. That is fucking hilarious. Do people call you at home and ask you what they should pay when looking for a car, or seeing a movie?

Please tell us more of what we think, thanks . ;) .

So glad we have Gunzen to pop in whenever a new tour starts to tell us why, what and how we can think!!!

LOL, of course this is the guy who continually posts that only morons judge shows that they weren't at, and that only morons judge shows from youtube clips........and then defends Axl's performance by saying that his wife walked by his computer and saw 30 seconds of a GnR youtube clip and she said Axl sounded awesome!!!!! His posting rules change depending on who is doing the posting.

So you have to take his anger and hostility with large grain of salt.

Thats what i dislike about this forum. Posts like this from demented members who don't understand other people have different views and opinions to theirs. Groghan, please respect others opinions.

• Like 1

See the thread about short-changing fans who bought VIP packages. See the promises of new material, only for that NOT to happen. See Axl's response to GNR's induction to the R&R HOF. See the last four years of stale set lists. See the botched DVD release. See the $150 ticket prices at some of the small venue shows just so Axl doesn't have to cut his guarantee (or cut it by as much as he should).

I don't ever remember Axl promising anything live. And BTW, not going to the Hall of Fame is about as Rock and Roll as you can get. WTF is wrong with you? Were you at the Hall of Fame ceremony? Did you pay for it? Or any of these shows? Were you there? Have you ever been forced to pay for anything from GNR?

If you don't want to pay, don't go, what the fuck is it to you. Some people pay 100k for a baseball card. It is what it it worth to you. I like how you think you should decide what a GNR show is worth to someone else. That is fucking hilarious. Do people call you at home and ask you what they should pay when looking for a car, or seeing a movie?

So glad we have Gunzen to pop in whenever a new tour starts to tell us why, what and how we can think!!!

LOL, of course this is the guy who continually posts that only morons judge shows that they weren't at, and that only morons judge shows from youtube clips........and then defends Axl's performance by saying that his wife walked by his computer and saw 30 seconds of a GnR youtube clip and she said Axl sounded awesome!!!!! His posting rules change depending on who is doing the posting.

Thats what i dislike about this forum. Posts like this from demented members who don't understand other people have different views and opinions to theirs. Groghan, please respect others opinions.

Yeah, that's why I blocked that guy. He's annoying.

Thing is, Axl (or his associates) keep having a dump on the heads of the fans and have been doing this since the beginning of the nugnr era really. You have to be a sort of, sado-masochist to like Axl. So a lot of fans have dropped out along the way and the ones left are real fanatics. It is like natural selection. In ten years time, Axl's sole fanbase will consist of Jarmo talking to himself on HTGTH.

I put HTGTH on the other day and I was shocked by some of the posts on there.They literally believe this is the greatest era ever and that is the best voice and setlist in the history of GN'R! Astonishing.

Because some fans want Axl to look and sound like he did when he was 25. Not going to happen. That life is over. People get older. Can't ever change it. It's the way it is.

Accept Axl as he is or just move on to someone younger and who's music you like. There are plenty of up and coming young musicians out there to follow. There is always someone to take your place.

OK little fella.

Maybe you should follow your own advice? Are you demented? Or do you always call people rude names when you disagree with them?

And all Gunzen does is insult people who he disagrees with. That's 90% of what he posts.

I respect the opinions of about 95% of the posters on this forum. But I don't respect those who bring nothing but negativity.

Again.....maybe you should follow your own advice.

Haven't kept up much on forums and whatnot since like 2010 but people on here are ripping him to shreds. Why? I'm watching this video of Estranged from the 20th and he sounds fine. Slightly mickey mouse-ish but fine nonetheless. Sounds like post 1994 Axl to me :shrug:

I'm fulfilling one of my life-long dreams and seeing them for the first time in May, please don't ruin it for me :ph34r:

Cos he's not having his best moment vocally and he's not pleasing the online community with new songs or at least a slightly different show.

We all thing he can do better, and we think the problem relies in him not rehearsing. Not sure about this.

Edited by Russel Nash

Fucking atrocious. Just indefensibly bad - as bad as I've ever heard him. Forget Mickey, he sounds like Dame fucking Edna.

Shame on everyone involved in this charade. If they think that performance is something you can charge top dollar for they haven't got a conscience between them.

Because some fans want Axl to look and sound like he did when he was 25. Not going to happen. That life is over. People get older. Can't ever change it. It's the way it is.

Accept Axl as he is or just move on to someone younger and who's music you like. There are plenty of up and coming young musicians out there to follow. There is always someone to take your place.

Most of us would be happy if he sounded like he did when he was 48, to be honest.

• Like 3

I want him to move on and leave the past behind. But I suppose that ain't gonna happen either. Yeah, people get older and he's too old for that.

Most of us would be happy if he sounded like he did when he was 48, to be honest.

Yeah. Val22's is a phony premise.

No one expects 1988 or 1992 Axl. Just never going to happen. We do ask why we can't get 2006 or 2010 Axl though.

We do ask why we can't get 2006 or 2010 Axl though.

Because this isn't a fckn supermarket, where you can pick the item that you want from the shelf and pay for it before leaving.

Yet if you bought a food item and found it was rank, you would demand a refund or complain to trading standards. Looking at those clips it is obvious that Axl's vocals are rank.

This. I was very happy after I saw Axl and his band in 2010.

Axl will probably give 2 or 3 interviews this year. Will be interesting to hear where he's at right now. Seems to be in a rut. Gn'R music doesn't work without passion. It's what it was built on in the first place. Axl is phoning it in. Doesn't give real updates. No plans to release anything as far as we know, and we don't know shit about shit.

We get more of the same and we're being kept in the dark about future plans or what the fuck is going on in Gn'R land. It's frustrating. 2-3 new songs? Fuck.

Edited by Rovim

No one expects 1988 or 1992 Axl. Just never going to happen. We do ask why we can't get 2006 or 2010 Axl though.

2010 Axl was badass. 2010 Axl is what Axl's blind defenders claim he is today.

If this was 2010 Axl, all the excuses thrown around about his age would be valid. Age justifies the difference between the 90's aAxl and 2010 Axl: slightly diminished voice, more conservative clothes, less movement, still rocking like a monster. It's been 4 years only, ffs. The Bee Gees voice, attrocious hats and jackets and half hearted performances are not due to age. They are due to something else.

If this was 2010 Axl, all the excuses thrown around about his age would be valid. Age justifies the difference between the 90's aAxl and 2010 Axl: slightly diminished voice, more conservative clothes, less movement, still rocking like a monster. It's been 4 years only, ffs. The Bee Gees voice, attrocious hats and jackets and half hearted performances are not due to age. They are due to something else.

I think that's a far more credible argument than the "nothing to see here, everything is fine" routine some try and sell.

Bit ironic.

If Axl is gonna rely on music he wrote when he was 25 years old........is it so wrong for fans to wish he still sounded like that?

You should restrain from constantly telling other people who they can or can't like, and what kinds of fans they have to be. There is no law that says fans have to "accept" whatever an artist throws out. It's perfectly OK to wish your favorite artist would release more music than one album every 20-plus years. And it's perfectly OK to wish your favorite artist would put forth 100% effort during their concerts.

• Like 1

People ages exponentially, not in a logarithmic way. 4 years is quite different when you are in your 40's or 50's.

The answer is in this thread: http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?/topic/206321-are-there-any-pics-of-axl-not-on-stage-during-the-sa-tour/

I would just love to hear Axl perform at the level he was at in 2010, I just don't see how this isn't possible. His performances in 2010 were fucking solid and I can't seem to fathom how that has withered away so quickly.

• Like 1

I would just love to hear Axl perform at the level he was at in 2010, I just don't see how this isn't possible. His performances in 2010 were fucking solid and I can't seem to fathom how that has withered away so quickly.

There's a few signs that he was damaging his voice in 2010 (cancelled Sao Paulo and London private/club shows, slightly weaker voice in Australia and Abu Dhabi), but even still, it's not like he continued singing from Dec 2010 to Oct 2011, and the difference between Abu Dhabi 2010 and Rio 2011 is huge. Atlantic City and Philly 2012, he sang pretty damn well, a bit Mickey on YCBM, 2nd half of Estranged, and parts of Civil War, but for the most part like a good 2010 show. Even so, it's obvious he wasn't quite as fit (in the You're Crazy and Rocket Queen vids from Philly that people post, he's gasping for breath a lot more than 2010).

Another thing is all the Azoff shenanigans and whatever business stuff happened between 2010 and 2011. I just don't think Axl prepared at all, and went out on that Rio stage cold. Might have worked in '91, but that shit isn't gonna fly when you're 50 years old.

The guy was ready to call it quits in mid-2010 when the label yet again rejected a prospective album, but was convinced otherwise by TB. Now he's being trotted out to support everyone. And seeing how mellow he is recently along with his quip on Kimmel about being on stuff, I reckon he's doped up on a load of antidepressants which keep him happy but take away that fire that made him a world-class performer.

He also had something to prove/was pissed off in '09/'10 because of the Azoff shenanigans. Now he's surrounded by no one but hangers-on who tell him the sun shines out of his arse.

I don't see anything changing any time soon, sadly :(

Edited by Amir
  • Like 3

The guy was ready to call it quits in mid-2010 when the label yet again rejected a prospective album, but was convinced otherwise by TB. Now he's being trotted out to support everyone. And seeing how mellow he is recently along with his quip on Kimmel about being on stuff, I reckon he's doped up on a load of antidepressants which keep him happy but take away that fire that made him a world-class performer.

He also had something to prove/was pissed off in '09/'10 because of the Azoff shenanigans. Now he's surrounded by no one but hangers-on who tell him the sun shines out of his arse.

Certainly seems that way.

But is this rejected album in 2010 talk real? Was that ever really confirmed?

Certainly seems that way.

But is this rejected album in 2010 talk real? Was that ever really confirmed?

MSL claims to have heard about it from a source in UMG, you can choose to believe it or not. Obviously don't take everything he says as gospel, but he's been proven to not be bullshitting about stuff like Going Down, and that "hackers" excuse that TB came out with is most certainly bullshit (just like the "oh my daughter was playing with my phone" excuse that Tommy came out with when he tweeted passive-aggressively about leaving the band).