The Origins of your Mygnr name

Gia

Sandy, I knew that you were a fan of the wrestler, but I thought that your name was more of a 'tallica reference.

I'm fighting to walk down the aisle to the opening riff of Enter Sandman on my wedding day, as classical music doesn't really suit either of us. Currently, I'm losing the fight.

• Like 1

And here I am 15 years later with the name...not saying it doesn't suit me anymore....but my "casanova" days are somewhat behind me.... :lol:

No way! You'll always be a Casanova, King. ;)

It was a good few years before I ditched my Angus Young signature/av combo here. :headbang:

Didn't you drop AC/DC out of your name too? That Angus quote in your sig always made me smile.

Being a fan of the band since the beginning, when I first started using the internet I used Patience for almost everything. Email, chats, passwords. I remember finding the old board and then this forum but I didn't sign up for a long time. By then the clusterfuck that was the VMA's and the '01-'02 tours made my favorite band a joke. But I was still curious and wanted to know what was going on with them. Also, Slash, Duff and Matt were starting their own band, which was very exciting at the time, and there was a separate VR section to discuss with a few cool posters I liked reading.

This place was a little intimidating back then. It was much more divided, far fewer members but the ones who posted were hardcore. There was also an administrator who was more pro-Axl at that time and picky about certain negative comments depending on the mood. I remember seeing a thread titled 'Fuck Duff' all in caps, and it went on for at least 2 or more pages with people agreeing how much better Tommy was blah, blah, until one poster finally came in and said 'Fuck Duff? Nah man, Fuck You'. That's when I decided ok, I can post here. Of course Patience was taken, so I added the 4 Axl part simply as sarcasm. By this time he had disappeared off the face of the earth, no touring, no album, no sign of life. I remember people were initially confused by my posts considering my username. That was fun.

• Like 3

Sandy, I knew that you were a fan of the wrestler, but I thought that your name was more of a 'tallica reference.

I'm fighting to walk down the aisle to the opening riff of Enter Sandman on my wedding day, as classical music doesn't really suit either of us. Currently, I'm losing the fight.

There is that too to be fair - but I'm not a die-hard fan of them.

And haha, that'd be too awesome for words.

Guest Len B'stard

Oh Grace, please don't, for fuckssake :lol:

• Like 2

Oh Grace, please don't, for fuckssake :lol:
Oh and what should she go down the aisle to huh?

Grace try Creeping Death instead. Still Metallica, more metal cred, more to piss Lenny off with :lol:

• Like 2

Guest Len B'stard

Ugh, i dunno, how about here comes the bride nobhead? :lol: Something traditional and normal, a fuckin' old bird playing the organ, fuckin' Metallica, are you havin' a laugh, God, i wouldn't be able to hold my head up :lol: Honestly though, on a serious note, how do people do things like that without pissing themselves laughing? I'm not just saying it cuz it's metal, even if it was something i liked, your wedding day is simply not the time Belsen Was a Gas by The Pistols or Bring Da Pain by Method Man :lol:

But yeah, it being Metallica does sort of make it 800 times worse :lol: A wedding is supposed to be a solemn and sacred binding of two people, like this beautiful profound thing....it sort of ruins it when you decide you wanna come in to it to Hulk Hogans theme tune :lol:

I mean shit, why stop there, why not have little lightey uppey squares up the aisle so you Billie Jean that shit down...or walk down the aisle high fiving the gathered dearly beloved, or do a fuckin' powerslide down it...or call up French Montana and do the shit like you're Adrien Broner entering the ring, the rapper rappin' alongside you all the way up the aisle :lol:

Edited by sugaraylen
  • Like 1

Well my name is an interesting story, sort of :)

I used to post on newgnr.com all the time under the name gnfnrosesfan#1, when I signed up for this place back in 06' I confused the username and log in name. (which I still don't know why we have two here) I had originally intended to continue with the gnfnrosesfan name, but I did it wrong and got stuck with Mike420. I was probably stoned at the time, which explains my confusion, lol.

The funny part is for many years I couldn't post here because after my name got logged out I couldn't figure out the right combination to log back in, because I kept confusing the username and log in name. So I pretty much stayed away until 2012 or so. Newgnr was dying a slow and painful death, and i would come here and see all the activity, but still couldn't log in. Plus I couldn't create a new name unless I got a new email (which I didn't want to do). But after years of trying I was frustrated and ready to give up, but my wife said "here let me try." Well needless to say she figured it out and I felt like a retard. She even picked my avitar pic, which I wasn't sure about having an actual pic of us on here, but if I changed it, it might hurt her feelings because it's a pic of both of us on a party bus before a gnr concert. So thats my story, still not a fan of my username on here, many people over the years have refered to me as "the pot head" to lessen my points, which has pissed me off a few times. But it is what it is right???

• Like 1

Guest Len B'stard

I'd gladly take the term pothead. Well actually no cuz it sounds all limp and white American (and as well all know, there's nothing worse than a white American :lol:). Iron Lung i'll have :D The Vital Italist, The Weed Lacer, Dr Green-thumb, King Kaya, The Legendary 'erbalist, y'know, something with a bit of negritude to it :lol: Pothead sounds like a weedy whiteboy with long hair that wears band t shirts that are all black and that does air guitar in his living room to Frampton Comes Alive when nobodys in :lol:

Edited by sugaraylen
  • Like 1

Ugh, i dunno, how about here comes the bride nobhead? :lol: Something traditional and normal, a fuckin' old bird playing the organ, fuckin' Metallica, are you havin' a laugh, God, i wouldn't be able to hold my head up :lol: Honestly though, on a serious note, how do people do things like that without pissing themselves laughing? I'm not just saying it cuz it's metal, even if it was something i liked, your wedding day is simply not the time Belsen Was a Gas by The Pistols or Bring Da Pain by Method Man :lol:

But yeah, it being Metallica does sort of make it 800 times worse :lol: A wedding is supposed to be a solemn and sacred binding of two people, like this beautiful profound thing....it sort of ruins it when you decide you wanna come in to it to Hulk Hogans theme tune :lol:

I mean shit, why stop there, why not have little lightey uppey squares up the aisle so you Billie Jean that shit down...or walk down the aisle high fiving the gathered dearly beloved, or do a fuckin' powerslide down it...or call up French Montana and do the shit like you're Adrien Broner entering the ring, the rapper rappin' alongside you all the way up the aisle :lol:

Doesn't a wedding for your lot usually start with a 12 year old on her way to school in Bradford getting chloroformed and waking up in bongo bongo land married to her 65 year old cousin? :lol:
  • Like 3

I'd gladly take the term pothead. Well actually no cuz it sounds all limp and white American (and as well all know, there's nothing worse than a white American :lol:). Iron Lung i'll have :D The Vital Italist, The Weed Lacer, Dr Green-thumb, King Kaya, The Legendary 'erbalist, y'know, something with a bit of negritude to it :lol: Pothead sounds like a weedy whiteboy with long hair that wears band t shirts that are all black and that does air guitar in his living room to Frampton Comes Alive when nobodys in :lol:

P.S. Saw Peter Frampton open for Deep Purple in Manchester back in '05. He was awesome, much better than Deep Purple.

Guest Len B'stard

Doesn't a wedding for your lot usually start with a 12 year old on her way to school in Bradford getting chloroformed and waking up in bongo bongo land married to her 65 year old cousin? :lol:

Sort of yes although with the advent of time and society changing and stuff we've kind of progressed too. Yes, we use Tazer guns and cattleprods and such now. It's so much easier than the chloroform, you gotta catch em, hold the rag to their face...they kick and scream it takes ages...then they kick you in the bollocks and you drop em and your eyes water and you reach for a hanky to wipe em then your eyes start burning, the little girl runs away and you gotta pretend to be a decent citizen in front of Social Services for 6 months before they give you the bitch back, by which time she's 13 and too old to get married so she sits on the shelf like a hairy lipped spinister for the rest of her life.

Edited by sugaraylen
  • Like 1

I spent a few years in my mid-20's working front desk at a hotel in a quiet town. So basically I was a professional time waster. As such, I significantly stepped up my mygnrforum game and decided I needed a character of sorts. At the time I was big on Semi Pro so Jackie Moon was born. The main motivation was my signature idea which as you can see was entirely valid.

Semi Pro is still a personal favourite. I put it in a special class along with:

Hot Rod

Hamlet 2

MacGruber

for fun here is a special guest apperance by Fat Jackie

1939960_10100354949316469_898832414_n.jp

With Lenny's argument against us involving Metallica in our wedding service, as off topic as it is, I feel as though I should respond:

The usual protocol for instrumental music at a marriage is classical, sometimes chilled out, sometimes more fanfare-like. My personal knowledge of traditional music for such occasions is limited. I don't want to pick just anything, and certainly not accept the 'here comes the bride' warble because everybody else does.

In reality, not a great deal of guests at the wedding are going to be familiar with any of Metallica's creations, so I'm pretty safe that nobody's going to burst out laughing. It will make me smile and hopefully put me at ease.

Anyway, as I said, it's a battle I'm losing. I'll welcome alternate suggestions on my profile. Thank you!

Guest Len B'stard

With Lenny's argument against us involving Metallica in our wedding service, as off topic as it is, I feel as though I should respond:

The usual protocol for instrumental music at a marriage is classical, sometimes chilled out, sometimes more fanfare-like. My personal knowledge of traditional music for such occasions is limited. I don't want to pick just anything, and certainly not accept the 'here comes the bride' warble because everybody else does.

In reality, not a great deal of guests at the wedding are going to be familiar with any of Metallica's creations, so I'm pretty safe that nobody's going to burst out laughing. It will make me smile and hopefully put me at ease.

Anyway, as I said, it's a battle I'm losing. I'll welcome alternate suggestions on my profile. Thank you!

Good, i should hope so too young lady! Metallica at a wedding i ask you, ugh! Why in my day... *waves cane and grizzles*

Meh, just have your first dance at the reception to it or something.

Guest Len B'stard

There ya go, look, romantic and all that, sodding Metallica, you're getting married, what you wanna hear a bunch of BO smelling greasy metallers at your wedding for :lol: Something sweet.

Edited by sugaraylen