Paul Stanley going to HOF vs Axl not going

I actually quite like the Kiss records I have the first 2 records and Destroyer. I was so surprised. I heard Crazy Nights in the 80s or early 90s and liked that too. But still, the costumes and Gene trying to be cool all the time and they don't seem to be about anything. They seem like accountants that formed a band. I don't even get why Gene is in rock n roll. Gene is the only guy who I see in a white porsche with 8 naked playboy bunnies and think "I'd hate to be him" like I said I sort of liked the records I guess I'm just missing something.

Someone should open a Hall of Fame where you are voted in by other musicians from across the industry.

You can't use fans to vote because currently One Direction would be the first fuckers through the door.

Its a nice idea on some levels (I.e. a place where fans can visit to see exhibits, clothing, lyrics, instruments etc belonged to their idols) and on other levels its a horrible idea, i.e. music is not a competition and nobody owns musical taste exclusively.

Given my 'esteemed' position, I should probably refrain from saying such things, but niceguy is a fuckin' horrific poster.

Let's all ask four million rhetorical questions every time we post.

Man you think WAY too much of yourself. It's scary how huge your self-regard is when it comes to something as trivial as GNR. Surely you have other things going on in your life, right?

Paul Stanley is rightfully critical of KISS's upcoming HOF induction. But there's a very interesting quote:

"I'm going because there are fans who it means something to."

Axl said the same critical things about the HOF, so I thought it would be interesting to discuss here.

Some fans applauded Axl's decision to not attend the HOF induction.

• Like 2

Paul Stanley is rightfully critical of KISS's upcoming HOF induction. But there's a very interesting quote:

"I'm going because there are fans who it means something to."

Axl said the same critical things about the HOF, so I thought it would be interesting to discuss here.

Some fans applauded Axl's decision to not attend the HOF induction.

Including Eric Singer of KISS. http://www.contactmusic.com/news/eric-singer-applauds-axl-for-snubbing-hall-of-fame-induction_1316880

A case of 'Damned if you do, damned if you don't'. Not that I think Axl really considered going because of the sole reason to please those fans such an appearance would mean something to, he seems to be an uncompromising guy who do whatever he feels like without much concern for others, at least not fans of previous lineups.

Seems the original members of KISS all attended the HOF and all accepted it onstage together.

I guess they acted like men and not like the little boys they were when they first heard they were inducted.

I understand how Paul feels and Gene in how KISS was snubbed for years and honestly, I still don't think it's a big deal.

It's the fans who make a band with their support and buying the records and going to concerts, not the guys on the board and Paul said that in his speech.

Glad KISS got their feelings expressed too.

I once saw an interview with Gene and he said "Once you are in KISS, you are always a member of KISS". I don't know if he would agree with that today, since Vinnie Vincent is never mentioned.

As for Eric Carr, he was in KISS longer than Peter Criss was, but the poor guy died.

I think if Eric had lived, he would have still be a member of KISS. He was a good guy and fit KISS well. He was also Italian American too.

I once saw an interview with Gene and he said "Once you are in KISS, you are always a member of KISS". I don't know if he would agree with that today, since Vinnie Vincent is never mentioned.

As for Eric Carr, he was in KISS longer than Peter Criss was, but the poor guy died.

I think if Eric had lived, he would have still be a member of KISS. He was a good guy and fit KISS well. He was also Italian American too.

Eric? Hard to say because Bruce never came back, they may have gone with another drummer if Eric wound up committing to another band.

Paul is a fucken hypocrite. He called the HOF a farce and yet, gives it credibility by attending the induction! Was nice to see them all there though. The original 4 were pioneers, Ace especially. He has influenced millions of guitar players.

Paul is a fucken hypocrite. He called the HOF a farce and yet, gives it credibility by attending the induction! Was nice to see them all there though. The original 4 were pioneers, Ace especially. He has influenced millions of guitar players.

It seems like Paul is going on and on about Ace and Peter, but actually it's news sources carrying the same quotes from his book over and over again, and "retweeting" them. It just appears Paul is waking up every day bitching about Ace and Peter, and the RRHOF!

His critical speech did more to the HoF than not showing up. You can be damn sure of that. THAT was what Axl should've done if he had more faith in nuGnR.