Signs that a band is becoming stale

bacardimayne

I think the songs are there, more or less. I just think the production on ever album since about Hey Stoopid has been shit. Everything is over produced, especially his voice. The proof is in the live shows - a song that might sound lackluster on the album sounds amazing live. Look at Dirty Diamonds, Caffeine, In Touch With Your Feminine Side, even Brutal Planet. They all are so much more natural live.

The whole Alice-goes-Hollywood-Metal era has had it's moments, but none of it holds a candle to 71-75.

What, like the late 80's/early 90's? Raise Your Fist And Yell is one of my favorites.

Yeah it has its moments, and I guess Chop Chop Chop is marginally better than Thrill My Gorilla.

You can pull some good tunes from '86 onward, but a lot of it is :book:

I like Raise Your Fist...a lot, and Constrictor too (to a lesser degree)

Dada is a bit overlooked I reckon.

The Eyes Of Alice Cooper (the Blink 182 sounding album) is a disgrace, as usual there is one good song (be with you a while)

I didn't like Along Came A Spider very much either, killed by love and vengeance is mine are great though.

Death Magnetic is a good album but there's a lot of filler and weaker rehashing to please the fans... it's still enjoyable but there is a certain lingering sense of parody within the music... Suicide and Redemption is awesome and That Was Just Your Life is furious, Cyanide and End of the Line sound different but things like The Day That Never Comes, My Apocalypse and Broken Beat and Scarred I feel uneasy with. Judas Kiss is way too plodding but it's a progressive sound at least.

Judas Kiss is my favourite song on that album - that and All Nightmare Long.

Death Magnetic is a good album but there's a lot of filler and weaker rehashing to please the fans... it's still enjoyable but there is a certain lingering sense of parody within the music... Suicide and Redemption is awesome and That Was Just Your Life is furious, Cyanide and End of the Line sound different but things like The Day That Never Comes, My Apocalypse and Broken Beat and Scarred I feel uneasy with. Judas Kiss is way too plodding but it's a progressive sound at least.

Judas Kiss is my favourite song on that album - that and All Nightmare Long.

I like the chorus riff and Kirk's solos just not one of my faves, woulda preferred Rebel of Babylon or Hate Train on DM instead!

Guest Len B'stard

Not being so much of a fan of Alice Cooper (heard a bit, respect him) his albums titles are great :lol: Thrill my Gorilla, brilliant :lol:

That's a song, not an album :tongue2:

I gotta listen to it, i gotta know what a song called Thrill my Gorilla sounds like :lol:

Not being so much of a fan of Alice Cooper (heard a bit, respect him) his albums titles are great :lol: Thrill my Gorilla, brilliant :lol:

That's a song, not an album :tongue2:

I gotta listen to it, i gotta know what a song called Thrill my Gorilla sounds like :lol:

It's cheese metal, don't bother, you won't like it. ^_^

Dada is a bit overlooked I reckon.

Rightfully so IMO, that whole period with Flush The Fashion, From The Inside, Zipper Catches Skin, Lace And Whiskey and culminating with DaDa was just one letdown after the next.
Agree for the most part, except From The Inside is my favorite of Alice's solo albums. Other than that there were some great songs from Goes To Hell through Constrictor, but not a great album.