Stupid section on wikipedia about GnR

Member Departure and Possible Reunion[edit]

Although no official reunion has been announced, several show-ins and interviews have hinted on a possible reunion in the future of the 2010s. All original and Illusion Era members minus Rose and Stradlin have shown interest in a reunion show or tour. When asked about a reunion of the Appetite lineup, Rose says he's happy doing a show with Izzy here or a show with Duff here but that's it. Rose has also shown interest in having Stradlin or Mckagan play on GNR's next album. Rose has also stated that he will die before reuniting with Slash. Izzy hasn't given many statements on a reunion. Former drummer Steven Adler has also shown a lot of interest in a reunion, he still says he loves all of the guys from the old GNR lineup and also has a friend ship with the drummer who replaced him in 1991.

On October 10, 2010, Duff McKagan showed up alongside Axl Rose at the O2 Arena in London.

On May 31, 2012, Izzy Stradlin appeared onstage for a Guns N' Roses concert, performing "14 Years," "You Could Be Mine," "Dead Flowers," "Knockin’ on Heavens Door," "Nightrain" and "Paradise City." He had previously played several shows with Guns N' Roses in 2006.

On April 14, 2012, Guns N' Roses (Axl Rose, Slash, Izzy Stradlin, Duff McKagan, Dizzy Reed, Steven Adler and Matt Sorum) was inducted in the Hall of Fame. They all appeared minus Axl Rose and Izzy Stradlin.

November 26, 2012, Steven Adler released Back From the Dead which included a song called "Just Don't Ask." The solo was played by former Guns N' Roses bandmate, Slash. “He (Adler) called me and told me he was working on a record… Actually Jeff Pilson (Dokken, Foreigner), who’s producing his record, called me and told me he was doing something. And then Steven subsequently called me and so yeah, I said that I’d come up there and put something on it.”[83]

In November of 2013, Ron Thal spoke about continuing with the band. “We could be planning something [for my solo project] for next April,” he told Radio Futura. “And then Guns will book something March 31 for April, and all your plans are just – suddenly you’re in this situation where you have to choose…Because if I do have to choose — and I’m saying it here first — I’m choosing my own life…and if [the band's management] are not willing to help me keep the two functioning well together, then I’m out.” However, Bumblefoot goes out of his way to not blame his frontman, calling Axl Rose ”fun and welcoming and a wonderful host when you’re hanging out with him and just loves to see everybody enjoy themselves and makes everybody feels comfortable.”[84]

On April 2nd, 2014, 18 years after the departure of Slash, Matt, and Duff, Tommy Stinson left Guns N' Roses to reunite with the Replacements. He was replaced by Duff McKagan, once again returning to Guns N' Roses. For his part, McKagan relayed through GNR's publicist that, "It's pretty great to play these songs again, and looking forward to playing some gigs with my pal again. South America is always a radical place for rock n roll...and I'm honored to be doing this thing, in that place."[85]

Richard Fortus is quoted here, saying on Facebook, “I’m flying to LA now to do a week of Gn’R rehearsals and then we head to South America for a month. Then I’ll be off for a couple of weeks before heading to do a residency for a month at the Hard Rock in Las Vegas. Hopefully after that, I will be focusing primarily on the Dead Daisies.”[86]

Edited by liers

The only bad thing about Duff guesting is it's brought this horrific reunion haze to the forum and apparently elsewhere. Can't wait for Tommy to be back and for it to fade away.

Why would you rather have Tommy than Duff??? That's like eating at Mcdonalds when you have a free dinner waiting at a 5 star resturant.

The only bad thing about Duff guesting is it's brought this horrific reunion haze to the forum and apparently elsewhere. Can't wait for Tommy to be back and for it to fade away.

Why would you rather have Tommy than Duff??? That's like eating at Mcdonalds when you have a free dinner waiting at a 5 star resturant.

inb4 "butthurt, delusional, reunionist, bitter ex-fan"

• Like 1