Should Slash, Duff, Izzy and Steven write AFD 2?

What I've never understood is why these 4 have never got together to write a kick ass hard rock record.

Then maybe see if they can get Axl interested in singing on it, adding lyrics maybe.

If Axl was interested find some else, Myles or Bach.

would that be such a bad idea?

Guest NGOG

Unfortunately, Slash has no interest in making his GNR 'comrades' a priority. He's entirely focused on developing the Slash music brand.

He is desperate not to be defined by his tenure with GNR.

Because, unlike some people, they all worked on not pretending to be GnR after 1997.

Unfortunately, Slash has no interest in making his GNR 'comrades' a priority. He's entirely focused on developing the Slash music brand.

Who was on stage during the induction of GnR into the Hall of Fame again?
  • Like 3

Guest NGOG

How does that refute the reality that Slash has dumped Velvet Revolver to pursue his own project?

It was a golden PR opportunity. If you don't think Slash realized that, answer me this, who fronted the GNR performance? The lead singer of Slash.

Because, unlike some people, they all worked on not pretending to be GnR after 1997.

Gee, Velvet Revolver (a play on the GNR name) musn't have happened then. Edited by NGOG
  • Like 2

How does that refute the reality that Slash has dumped Velvet Revolver to pursue his own project?

It was a golden PR opportunity. If you don't think Slash realized that, answer me this, who fronted the GNR performance? The lead singer of Slash.

I'm just saying your statement about him trying to distance himself from things he did with/in GnR is silly. If he would he wouldn't go to a HoF or play GnR songs.

Yes, he is focusing on his solo career. Just like Duff is focusing on Loaded. But can you blame them? They're probable just a bit done with high-profile frontmen. And when you realize you can have success solo (or with a more low-profile band anyway) as well, how is it wrong to focus on and enjoy that?

In a way carrying on VR would be weird anyway. It was them, but it was Scott too. They'd rather move on than try to duplicate something that ended. I think there's a lesson in there tbh.

Gee, Velvet Revolver (a play on the GNR name) musn't have happened then.

At least for them the comparison ends there. Actually calling it GnR, now that would be silly. Edited by username
  • Like 1

that's all just semantics, a weird feud fought on the forums. the reality is they are defined by what they did as GNR, so the closer they get to that the better.

I'm talking about making a great record with the 4 of them involved. They should be able to put together a few songs like Brownstone or Nightrain without Axl. Just having Slash play with Izzy sounds great, like Ghost from Slash's solo, imagine adding Duff on bass and Steven on drums. It's got to rock pretty hard. Like Contraband is the best ex-member out put.

I think the reason they don't is they still think a reunion could happen. Izzy didn't go to HOF cos he doesn't really want to piss Axl off. When Axl decides it's go time, they will all assemble for one last party.

I think that was the idea for Velvet Revolver, but Matt is a better drummer, and he's sober.

Izzy separates himself from all that kind of bullshit.

I think if you add Izzy into that bullshit suddenly you'd have a great record. Instead of Stone Temple Pilots songs you've got Izzy songs with Slash and Duff playing on them. Dust N Bones is the worst you're going to get.

They would create something better than the "complex" Chinese Democracy, that's for sure.

LOL @ NGOG once again proven wrong. One of the worst posters here.

"He is desperate not to be defined by his tenure with GNR. "

"He was at HoF playung Guns songs"

"Yeah but..."

:lol:

• Like 3

I think that was the idea for Velvet Revolver, but Matt is a better drummer, and he's sober.

I think if you add Izzy into that bullshit suddenly you'd have a great record. Instead of Stone Temple Pilots songs you've got Izzy songs with Slash and Duff playing on them. Dust N Bones is the worst you're going to get.

Izzy was the real Ayatollah.

Izzy was the real Ayatollah.

Guest NGOG

"Yeah but..."

I don't care what you think about my posts; you're a sad little cupcake.

As I already pointed out, Slash performing at the Hall of Fame is a stupid way to question my theory that Slash is all about Slash. Don't pretend you can't figure out why. Why didn't Duff, or the leader singer of Adler's Appetite front the performance? Because Slash dictates the activity of old GNR.

Edited by NGOG
  • Like 1

I remember reading some article where slash said he wanted VR to be GNR. But since I can't find it right now, consider this a false statement.

I think Matt would be fine instead of Steven. His drumming on Sympathy for the Devil is killer!

Why not. Who cares. Nothing else is happening. It is all so boring apart from Duffs short return, so anything to spice things up is a great thing. They should also call the project Gunz N Rozez and Steven should write all the songs.

Gunz N Rozez: Appetite For Destruction II

Can't wait!

What I've never understood is why these 4 have never got together to write a kick ass hard rock record.

Then maybe see if they can get Axl interested in singing on it, adding lyrics maybe.

If Axl was interested find some else, Myles or Bach.

would that be such a bad idea?

First of all: Steven is so fucked up since the 80's that he can't stand as a touring drummer

Izzy was tried this when he join VR in the beggining but he wanted a more low profile band (a thing that the other members and esp. Slash doesn't want)

Slash and Duff put out a great album with VR (Contraband)

At this point Slash clearly likes more of his own solo band than VR

Why don't they be completely contrary and write Apathy For Creation with all the riffs back to front, the solos play during the verses and the drums are banged with the guitars and the guitars screeched by the drumsticks, it won't be a particularly well performed album but it'll be compelling and full of rock n' roll chaos, which is what the stuck in the past fans crave after all.

Welcome To The Canyon

It's Not So Easy

Daytrain

Out Ta Get U

Mrs Brownstone

Paradise Island

My Rochelle

Don't Think About You

Sweet Child O' Thine

I'm Crazy

Anything, Hoes

Rocket King

• Like 4

Why don't they be completely contrary and write Apathy For Creation with all the riffs back to front, the solos play during the verses and the drums are banged with the guitars and the guitars screeched by the drumsticks, it won't be a particularly well performed album but it'll be compelling and full of rock n' roll chaos, which is what the stuck in the past fans crave after all.

Welcome To The Canyon

It's Not So Easy

Daytrain

Out Ta Get U

Mrs Brownstone

Paradise Island

My Rochelle

Don't Think About You

Sweet Child O' Thine

I'm Crazy

Anything, Hoes

Rocket King

lol, bizarro Rn'G

They would create something better than the "complex" Chinese Democracy, that's for sure.

"Yeah but..."

It is very important for some people to downplay Slash's career as much as possible. Very important.

• Like 1

Still not a mod, nice try.

I'd imagine the guys wouldn't want the hassle that would come if they all reformed (minus the key ingredient - Axl).

Anything they did would be compared to the old GnR.

And, maybe all the guys have moved on at this point in their lives. Kind of like your best buddy telling you that you should go back and date your GF from high school.

If Axl wanted to do a reunion, everybody would jump at the chance.

But without Axl, what is the point?