We need a cricket thread here

DieselDaisy

When he plays for Yorkshire it is as an opener (with Lyth) or as a number three. I think I like the look of Cook/Lyth then Root coming in followed by Ballance (I like Ballance batting with Root) if we are dropping Bell and sticking Bairstow in the middle order. Or just field an entire team of Yorkies basically.

England are going well here.

Yes. I would still persevere awhile longer with Bell though as he scored a ton in the county championship recently and a 90 against Durham in a T20. Look at how long the ECB backed Cook and it came good eventually. But he is the one batsman who is completely out of knick and Bairstow is certainly the next guy in.

The astonishing thing with the Yorkshire thing is you could probably play more Yorkshire players according to changes in form and injuries. Plunkett is behind Wood and I do not think we can overlook Bresnan as an all rounder after his knock against Durham. You could realistically have an England team with six Yorkies. Heck, Alex Lees cannot be overlooked also if you are looking at a future beyond Cook!

Looks like Australia will also make a big total - possibly more than England. It is definitely a batting wicket. Is it too early to predict a draw?

Last Ashes test at this ground England made 400 and then Australia made 700! And this time there is no Monty to rescue England with his amazing batting

That is because, Collingwood excepted, the English batsman batted like idiots in their 2nd innings. Let's hope they do not repeat that performance. I seem to remember some excessive bowling economy rates in that match also; that was the match where the whole Mitchell Johnson, ''bowls to the left'' thing began.

No they won't. Theres a hint of swing.

The new ball is due soon, I wonder if England will take it? If there is any hint of reverse swing surely they would want Jimmy bowling with the old ball

EDIT: they took it straight away and it has worked!

Edited by sturginho

Don't say England screw it all up in their second innings. They need to get approx. 300 here which should give them a lead of over 400 to bowl Australia out.

Now would be a very good time for Bell to silence his critics

50 for Bell!

Lead is 271, another 100 needed at least

Watched half of this documentary Dies' reccomended me about cricket called Fire Ina Babylon, i say half cuz it was 4am and i was falling asleep and i wanted to give it a proper watch, what i saw was sick though, a bunch of convicts trying to crack West Indian lads skulls with cricket balls :lol: Fuckin' brilliant, i didn't know cricket was like that, they basically just fuckin' tried to break peoples bones, cool :lol: Thompson and Lille looked liked some proper fuckin' cunts :lol:

Watched half of this documentary Dies' reccomended me about cricket called Fire Ina Babylon, i say half cuz it was 4am and i was falling asleep and i wanted to give it a proper watch, what i saw was sick though, a bunch of convicts trying to crack West Indian lads skulls with cricket balls :lol: Fuckin' brilliant, i didn't know cricket was like that, they basically just fuckin' tried to break peoples bones, cool :lol: Thompson and Lille looked liked some proper fuckin' cunts :lol:

You've seen the youtube video I posted a while back of Holding bowling to Brian Close at Old Trafford? He hit him repeatedly in the head, chest, arms etc. But Close was a bit nuts, his approach to fast bowling was basically "let it hit me, they won't get me out by hitting me in the head!" :D