We need a cricket thread here

DieselDaisy

Watched half of this documentary Dies' reccomended me about cricket called Fire Ina Babylon, i say half cuz it was 4am and i was falling asleep and i wanted to give it a proper watch, what i saw was sick though, a bunch of convicts trying to crack West Indian lads skulls with cricket balls :lol: Fuckin' brilliant, i didn't know cricket was like that, they basically just fuckin' tried to break peoples bones, cool :lol: Thompson and Lille looked liked some proper fuckin' cunts :lol:

If you watch the rest of that you will see that the windies got their, ehh, revenge - twenty years of revenge. It is something you will be interested in, that documentary - there is a Wailer on it - Muhammad Ali is on there.

Watched half of this documentary Dies' reccomended me about cricket called Fire Ina Babylon, i say half cuz it was 4am and i was falling asleep and i wanted to give it a proper watch, what i saw was sick though, a bunch of convicts trying to crack West Indian lads skulls with cricket balls :lol: Fuckin' brilliant, i didn't know cricket was like that, they basically just fuckin' tried to break peoples bones, cool :lol: Thompson and Lille looked liked some proper fuckin' cunts :lol:

If you watch the rest of that you will see that the windies got their, ehh, revenge - twenty years of revenge. It is something you will be interested in, that documentary - there is a Wailer on it - Muhammad Ali is on there.

Cheers lads I'll have a look at that. Curtly Ambrose was flogging his autobiography on the radio a few weeks ago. Sounded like a good read. Now that was a fearsome pace attack, Walsh and Ambrose. The way he was describing his approach sounded more like a boxer than a cricketer. He said he could see the tiniest twitch or flinch from a batsman and he knew his arse was his.

Yeah man, Bunny Wailers on there, Tapper Zukie is on there (that one'd make more sense if you were into your reggae), saw the rest, it was fantastic :)

It emphasises the quicks but the Windies had some superb batsman in those days. The opening partnership of Haynes and Greenidge is up there with Sutcliffe/Hobbes for opening partnerships and then you have Sir Viv coming in at 3. Now, if I could be reincarnated as anyone, I would come back as either Bruce Lee or Viv Richards. Has there been anyone cooler, the chewing gum, the swagger?

From the BBC sport text commentary:

I have it on good authority from someone on the inside of the Aussie changing room that Shane Watson reviewed the decision to drop him. He apparently looked bewildered when the decision was upheld.

fantastic :)

• 2 weeks later...