We need a cricket thread here

DieselDaisy

Enough of them seem to attend that annual Wembley game, which coincidentally was played at the same time as one of the Rugby World Cup semi finals at Twickenham recently. I was flicking at half time and said to myself ''what is that horrendous shite doing on when this glorious competition of Rugger is being played?''. There seems to be some sort of top-down effort to introduce the game here for some odd reason - probably financial muscle.

Edited by DieselDaisy

Enough of them seem to attend that annual Wembley game, which coincidentally was played at the same time as one of the Rugby World Cup semi finals at Twickenham recently. I was flicking at half time and said to myself ''what is that horrendous shite doing on when this glorious competition of Rugger is being played?''. There seems to be some sort of top-down effort to introduce the game here for some odd reason - probably financial muscle.

I am always surprised at the massive attendances they manage to get at Wembley, they are doing more than one a year now I think

Durham have signed Shoaib Malik apparently, at least according to The Cricket Paper.

That makes sense of something then, i have a cousin called Shoaib and his Dad always called him Shoaib Malik or Malik for some reason, i get it now :lol:

Should have named him after Shoaib Akhtar, great player

Durham have signed Shoaib Malik apparently, at least according to The Cricket Paper.

That makes sense of something then, i have a cousin called Shoaib and his Dad always called him Shoaib Malik or Malik for some reason, i get it now :lol:

He's not actually called Shoaib Malik, his old man just calls him that. Shoaib Akhtars a proper cock in real life apparently, dont half fancy himself.

He's not actually called Shoaib Malik, his old man just calls him that. Shoaib Akhtars a proper cock in real life apparently, dont half fancy himself.

i understood that, just saying he picked the wrong Shoaib for his nickname ;)

Is he though, or is that just the public perception of him? I always got the impression that a lot of the flak he takes is unwarranted

i understood that, just saying he picked the wrong Shoaib for his nickname ;)

Is he though, or is that just the public perception of him? I always got the impression that a lot of the flak he takes is unwarranted

My mate used to work at the Hilton, at the bar and that and he used to tell me about all the famous people that turned up there see cuz we're just outside London so a lot of em when they come over always stay at the big hotels here and he says Shoaib Akhtar was REALLY arrogant. He got his picture and all that so he couldn't've been that out of order but like, apparently he let him take the picture but at the same time like kinda ignored him or ignored the fact he was having his picture taken. Sat around drinking Bacardi Breezers all night, didn't leave a tip and was generally quite narky. The rest of the Pakistan team were alright. He met loads of WWF wrestlers there too, some rappers, a few actors and that.

Cricket in America,

http://www.foxsports.com.au/cricket/cricket-all-stars-shane-warne-sachin-tendulkar-lead-cast-of-legends-in-new-york/story-e6frf3g3-1227600128034

Judging by the pictures, full of Indians and Pakistani fans. There is a large Asian community in America who naturally support the sports of their parents - god bless them.

• 3 weeks later...

I watched Death of a Gentleman. Very thought provoking documentary. It is funny but we as cricket fans can be smug against Fifa yet we have no leg to stand on really. At least Fifa has a general agreement that proliferating their sport (in emerging footballing nations) is for the best. Cricket is literally the world's only retroactive sport, that believes limiting the number of national teams is the way to go! Astonishing!

The only sport which is more corrupt is boxing (and that is not saying much)!

Edited by DieselDaisy
  • Like 1