We need a cricket thread here

DieselDaisy

Pakistan series starting (Sky Sports 2). Pakis have won the toss and elected to bat on a good Lord's wicket.

Pakistan have three left arm seamers, including Amir, and Ballance struggles against left arm seam!

Amir returning to the scene of his crime.

Jake Ball for Jimmy.

Let it commence......

Edited by DieselDaisy

Pakistan 282/6

Misbah-ul-Haq ton, who absolutely pulverised Moen Ali in one over, hitting him for four boundaries sweeping/reverse sweeping. His celebration,

_90391951_misbahpushup2_rex.jpg

Pakistan will be disappointed to loose those two wickets in the last ten minutes which just balances the day off - otherwise, they could have claimed to have been the happier of the two.

PS

I'll watch this until lunch and then I'm off to the Northants T20, Stokes and Wood playing (apparently). Our home form has been weirdly good in the shortest format.

Edited by DieselDaisy

1 minute ago, Len B'stard said:

Misbah held it up it appears, Pakistan are gonna get mullered!

I do not know about that. They are a good team - 3rd in the rankings. They are playing three left arm seamers and a few of the England batsmen struggle against the left arm (cough, Gary Ballance). They also have probably the best wrist spinner in cricket with Shah. This should be a keenly contested series.

3 minutes ago, Len B'stard said:

Is Misbah related to Inzamam by any chance?

I haven't the foggiest. There are a distinct lack of names in Pakistan. There is actually an active right arm seamer, not selected, called Imran Khan. Not the Imran Khan. Waqar Younis: Younis Khan etc etc.

Just now, DieselDaisy said:

I haven't the foggiest. There are a distinct lack of names in Pakistan. There is actually an active right arm seamer, not selected, called Imran Khan. Not the Imran Khan. Waqar Younis: Younis Khan etc etc.

Funnily enough my surnames Khan so point proven admirably :lol:

I'm watching Paki TV as Sky is down haha. Adverts adverts adverts - all with impossibly good-looking people for, drum roll, little cake snacks.

PS

Root gone. One has to say Pakistan are favourites in what has been a thrilling test match.

Edited by DieselDaisy