We need a cricket thread here

DieselDaisy

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/37365637

Nonsense. It, creating a second Twenty20, would merely stretch cricketers further between this, and the current scheduling consisting as it does, international duty and three domestic competitions, and, reduce The Blast, which even I have enjoyed (despite being cynical about Twenty20 cricket) into a 'second team' competition, i.e. featuring the players not picked for the new competition. It allegedly will feature counties, i.e. be not franchised, but will be 'city-based'' - how is that supposed to work?

And why did sixteen counties vote aye?

Ahh,

Counties that are not hosting any games will receive somewhere in the region of £1.3m

That would virtually solve Durham's debt problems for instance!

Edited by DieselDaisy

On 9/14/2016 at 8:03 PM, DieselDaisy said:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/37365637

Nonsense. It, creating a second Twenty20, would merely stretch cricketers further between this, and the current scheduling consisting as it does, international duty and three domestic competitions, and, reduce The Blast, which even I have enjoyed (despite being cynical about Twenty20 cricket) into a 'second team' competition, i.e. featuring the players not picked for the new competition. It allegedly will feature counties, i.e. be not franchised, but will be 'city-based'' - how is that supposed to work?

And why did sixteen counties vote aye?

Ahh,

That would virtually solve Durham's debt problems for instance!

Yup, it's short termism at its best! We get 1.3 million, but in 5 years when we are in debt again we have no T20 to make money from as we gave it away....

2 hours ago, sturginho said:

Yup, it's short termism at its best! We get 1.3 million, but in 5 years when we are in debt again we have no T20 to make money from as we gave it away....

Durham and Northants are basically the two clubs which are completely in debt (Glouc were also awhile back) so they are going to be bribed into voting whatever the ECB puts foward. (I heard on the grapevine that DCCC are in debt of c.£5.5 million!)

19 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

The ECB are fucking scum spawned from Satan's arsehole. Fuck them. I'm never going to buy an England ticket again, and never buy England memorabilia again, in my one man protest (in fact, I'm wavering on supporting England). Cunts. Wankers.

Turncoat :D

5 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

Turncoat :D

Imagine if the FA told Arsenal that you need a worldclass venue to host, say a World Cup - hypothetical scenario, I know; so you invest all of this money in Highbury at their bequest. Now imagine Arsenal having to lend some money from the FA. Now imagine again Arsenal, already with a thin squad and a players' 'exodus', finishing the series well through some spirited performances, ending up escaping relegation and making the top five. Then suddenly, when the season has ended, the FA relegate Arsenal from that completed season and penalise you -48 points for the upcoming season in the second tier (thus making it a near impossibility to bounce back), as well as taking over the managements of your coffers and also saying, ''actually, Highbury cannot participate in the World Cup''?

Cricket is being ballsed up. What are they doing to my beloved sport? My team have been rodgered up the arse by an administration, the ECB, who make the Nazi party look like Gandhi, then we have pink ball night matches, shitty T20 franchise competitions, players not even bothering to turn up for their teams because they want money from franchises! Cricket is beginning to look like something I do not want to even be part of any longer, an alien world. It is going the way boxing and football went, up the crapper. Boxing is now basically a dead sport as far as I'm concerned and football - true football, devoid of preening hair-gelled prima donas rolling around on the pitch for oscars and dodgy agents and money and corruption - can only be found in the lower and non league divisions. Cricket is heading in that direction!

Sad times.

7 hours ago, sturginho said:

whoa whoa whoa, what happened to never watching England again?

I'm hurt - what more can I say? All I want to do is go to Lords and put their windows out. There is a pint in it if you ever venture north as we'll be playing each other.

• 3 weeks later...

England's performance, despite prevailing against Bangladesh, is getting a bit of a mauling on Tuffers and Vaughan,

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b08022qb

Setting defensive fields for Batty and Rashid's pies apparently! The theory is that when England face Ashwin and Jadeja they will be pummeled.

Edited by DieselDaisy

On 03/10/2016 at 4:59 PM, DieselDaisy said:

The ECB are fucking scum spawned from Satan's arsehole. Fuck them. I'm never going to buy an England ticket again, and never buy England memorabilia again, in my one man protest (in fact, I'm wavering on supporting England). Cunts. Wankers.

On 07/10/2016 at 4:57 AM, DieselDaisy said:

Cricket is being ballsed up. What are they doing to my beloved sport? My team have been rodgered up the arse by an administration, the ECB, who make the Nazi party look like Gandhi, then we have pink ball night matches, shitty T20 franchise competitions, players not even bothering to turn up for their teams because they want money from franchises! Cricket is beginning to look like something I do not want to even be part of any longer, an alien world. It is going the way boxing and football went, up the crapper. Boxing is now basically a dead sport as far as I'm concerned and football - true football, devoid of preening hair-gelled prima donas rolling around on the pitch for oscars and dodgy agents and money and corruption - can only be found in the lower and non league divisions. Cricket is heading in that direction!

Sad times.

Fat_Nerd.png