We need a cricket thread here

DieselDaisy

Greater London should have it's own cricket team, as I said before, it's not helping confusion of if I'm in Surrey or if I'm in Greater London, where I know 2 of the Surrey 'homes'; The Oval and that school down the hill from my school.

Aside from playing cricket and that cricket player I can't name from sporting themed game shows of old called 'They Think It's All Over' (or something, and), that cricket balls are hard... I know shit about cricket however I get the term 'sticky wicket' meaning 'problem'  for lack of a better word for sticky wicket..

I like cricket, to play. I don't follow it and I heard a rumour Australia are starting to reject it, IDK? I've haven't been to Australia.. Yet.

Edited by Snake-Pit

9 minutes ago, Snake-Pit said:

Greater London should have it's own cricket team, as I said before, it's not helping confusion of if I'm in Surrey or if I'm in Greater London, where I know 2 of the Surrey 'homes'; The Oval and that school down the hill from my school.

It is called 'county' cricket. Greater London is not a county.

58 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Is Middlesex not even one of the historic counties?

Historical, yes, but London gobbled up Middlesex about 50 years ago causing it to officially cease to exist. Conversely, I think that London was technically a county way back in the days of yore.

Edited by PappyTron

Oh well. Northants deserved it. I cannot believe Colly chucked the ball to Arshad in the final over as he is wank. Still proud of my chaps as we traditionally are clueless with Twenty20 - and we beat the Tykes!

Time to concentrate on the final county games.

Edited by DieselDaisy

12 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

Durham were ten-fifteen runs under par.

What is with these porkers in your team? Proper old school overweight county cricketers there haha. Aggers called Northants the 'big lads'.

fatties make better cricketers, just ask Shane Warne

Pakistan numero uno,

1 Pakistan (111 rating points)

2 India (110)

3 Australia (108)

4 England (108)

5 New Zealand (99)

6 Sri Lanka (95)

7 South Africa (92)

8 West Indies (67)

9 Bangladesh (57)

10 Zimbabwe (8)

NB Proteas at seventh haha!

http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci-icc/content/story/1049137.html

Good article,

http://www.espncricinfo.com/blogs/content/story/1049151.html

Pakistan are No. 1, the best in the world, as judged by cricket's governing body. Pakistan aren't No. 1 at anything else. There is no Olympic medal or hockey World Cup. Squash is done, and they're not exactly shining in the shorter formats. There is no blossoming sports culture or lottery money to promise a better tomorrow. There is only Test cricket. A population of 200 million has become a one-trick pony.

Edited by DieselDaisy

On 8/27/2016 at 0:34 PM, DieselDaisy said:

I rarely watch the bilateral one-dayers but I see England won the first one. When the test series is over, that is usually it for me. Last ones I watch were when the Kiwis were here last year.

When/Why did they stop doing triangular series?

17 hours ago, sturginho said:

When/Why did they stop doing triangular series?

I think that finished. Can't remember who won but the tests started, SA V Kiwis, Aus v Sri?

The wicket at Taunton is crazy,

Currently,

6 Sep 2016 Specsavers County Championship - Division One - Day 1 of 4

Somerset                                                 Warwickshire
First innings 95 all out                                123 all out
Second innings 41/1

and this happened when Durham visited,

Durham Somerset
189       184
136       180

Somerset are setting greentops for their (average) seamers and creating a low-scoring game of 'skittles'. I hope it bites them in the bum.