The job hunting thread

GivenToFly

On 1/1/2017 at 5:17 PM, Gracii Guns said:

In a strange turn of events, a friend is going to put in a good word for me as a document controller for an engineering firm. I am apparently overqualified for the position, but I'll use it as a way in to other areas in the company.

Out of likes...sounds good though;)

• 1 month later...
On 7 December 2016 at 3:22 AM, BlueJean Baby said:

Just wanted to to say to those of you out there looking for jobs, if you ever get an opportunity to do something that you would really love, don't let it slip away. Life is too short for regrets, I was offered a chance about 14 years ago by a friend from the old forum I was on. He was a writer and tried to persuade me to go to LA to help him do interviews for some articles he was doing on the music industry. My son was young and my ex got jealous, so I turned him down. I am still kicking myself to this day for not taking the chance. Who knows where I might be today if I had followed a dream.:wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko:

Probably writing clickbait articles based off some post I wrote drunk. I think you dodged a bullet. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, wasted said:

Probably writing clickbait articles based off some post I wrote drunk. I think you dodged a bullet. 

With my luck...could be. Still job hunting but this economy has caused so many positions to be merged into each other, it makes it hard. Got an email yesterday from a company that saw my resume online and was interested in talking to me. It was a purchasing manager job, which I have over 15 years experience in...but after reading all the qualifications it was puzzling...they wanted me to also have forklift certification and the ability to lift 75 lbs??? So they either want a man or a tough woman for the job...little me, in high heels and being over 50...not going to happen :P

13 hours ago, BlueJean Baby said:

With my luck...could be. Still job hunting but this economy has caused so many positions to be merged into each other, it makes it hard. Got an email yesterday from a company that saw my resume online and was interested in talking to me. It was a purchasing manager job, which I have over 15 years experience in...but after reading all the qualifications it was puzzling...they wanted me to also have forklift certification and the ability to lift 75 lbs??? So they either want a man or a tough woman for the job...little me, in high heels and being over 50...not going to happen :P

I've noticed that. Some people are working 24/7, some can't get anything. Because of the internet I have to compete with people in India so I'm like yes I'll wear sneakers, I'll lift 100kg for no money, yes! Once I get the work I then outsource it back to India. It's crazy. I get half of what I used to get but do zero work. You could take the job, then hire someone to do the heavy lifting? 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, wasted said:

I've noticed that. Some people are working 24/7, some can't get anything. Because of the internet I have to compete with people in India so I'm like yes I'll wear sneakers, I'll lift 100kg for no money, yes! Once I get the work I then outsource it back to India. It's crazy. I get half of what I used to get but do zero work. You could take the job, then hire someone to do the heavy lifting? 

I am thinking about applying anyway and if I do get an interview, they will see I can't be doing the heavy stuff...I mean I am not a frail person but I am just slender and girlish...:P:P:P:P

9 hours ago, BlueJean Baby said:

I am thinking about applying anyway and if I do get an interview, they will see I can't be doing the heavy stuff...I mean I am not a frail person but I am just slender and girlish...:P:P:P:P

You should take a big burly guy named Bob. Hello, I've come for the purchase ordering job. This is Bob, he'll be doing the heavy lifting. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 07/02/2017 at 9:44 PM, Gracii Guns said:

Just applied to my dream job. 

It's part-time, so I'd be able to stay freelancing.

But the important thing is, it's for a brand I adore. It's the restaurant we had our wedding reception at. That's how much I want to work there.

giphy.gif

I just got me an interview on 7th March. He said that I'm the first person he's invited to interview, and that he was really impressed with my application. Whee!

• Like 2