Last full album you listened to?

Broskirose

A - well, fairly well known - bit of trivia: Howlin' Wolf's first recording, ''Moanin' At Midnight''/''How Many More Years'', the opening salvo from the aforementioned album, was recorded by Sam Phillips at Sun. Phillips whose contribution to music is extraordinary did not have his label then so he was parceling out recordings to labels like Chess and Modern. Later on when he had a label he signed somebody called Elvis Presley! 

Rolling Stones "Altamont Free Concert 1969 The End of the Love Generation" bootleg on the Idol Mind Productions label....they did an amazing job stitching togehter the best audience sources, SB fragments, and official soundtrack cuts from the Gimme Shelter documentary

One of the best sounding boots from the Stones 1969 tour, and despite the tragic stabbing death of Meredith Hunter, the Stones performance was powerful and very good. It is amazing the quality of the audience recording considering the circumstances it was recorded in. Also has some cuts form the opening acts...highly recommended bootleg.....

Edited by classicrawker

15 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

The ''rocking chair album',

HowlinWolfRockinChair.jpg

Where do you get these albums from?

On 16/12/2017 at 11:27 PM, classicrawker said:

Rolling Stones "Altamont Free Concert 1969 The End of the Love Generation" bootleg on the Idol Mind Productions label....they did an amazing job stitching togehter the best audience sources, SB fragments, and official soundtrack cuts from the Gimme Shelter documentary

One of the best sounding boots from the Stones 1969 tour, and despite the tragic stabbing death of Meredith Hunter, the Stones performance was powerful and very good. It is amazing the quality of the audience recording considering the circumstances it was recorded in. Also has some cuts form the opening acts...highly recommended bootleg.....

Micks stage get up was fantastic that night with the cape and everything! 

24 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

You can get most of these old blues classics fairly cheap on amazon, remastered. Watch out for the ''classic albums'' collections which bundle a bunch of them together for under a tenner.

PS

Here is an example of these sets (I know what music you like),

51hQn8IfLGL._SY355_.jpg

Edited by DieselDaisy

51 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

You can get most of these old blues classics fairly cheap on amazon, remastered. Watch out for the ''classic albums'' collections which bundle a bunch of them together for under a tenner.

PS

Here is an example of these sets (I know what music you like),

51hQn8IfLGL._SY355_.jpg

I went to the same secondary school as them y'know, though i got expelled in year 9.  His old man owned a kebab shop on Bushey High Street.

Edited by Len Cnut

Rolling Stones album #2....British DECCA  Red label Boxed Mono pressing from the early 70's as the first British Mono pressing in pristine condition goes for big money so can't afford them.....still  these later British pressings sound fantastic and think these early Stones albums need to be heard in Mono...........

rollin_rolli2_04.jpg

1 hour ago, Len Cnut said:

Micks stage get up was fantastic that night with the cape and everything! 

Yeah, I like his 1969 tour getup's....especially the Omega symbol shirt, Uncle Sam hat outfit he wore a the Get Yer Ya-Ya's NYC, MSG shows........and the  studded belt he whips the stage with during Midnight Rambler......Those  1969 concerts were the Stones at their best IMHO.......

"Oh yeah thank you kindly

I think I busted a button on my trousers hope they don't fall down

It's that jumping around man I have to do it up again...whew

You don't want my trousers to fall down now do you?"

Jagger_Uncle_Sam_hat_1024.jpg

Edited by classicrawker

They are both masterpieces, truly sublime - yes, they were largely singles cobbled together. but this is how these songs were received at the time by people like Mick and Keef and it doesn't stop them being incredible albums. Moanin' in the Moonlight is starker, less electric (guitar), more pure blues - more typical blues themes, ''women leaving off with your money''. The Rocking Chair Album is more rock n' roll, full of Hubert Sumlin's incredible guitar playing and more sexual charged (''Little Red Rooster'', ''Spoonfull'', ''Back Door Man''). This represents the difference between Burnett's songwriting as Moanin' was written largely by The Wolf whereas the latter album was written largely by Willie Dixon.

These are two magnificent albums indeed.

''Back Door Man'', not the Doors' rendition but the original, is probably the sleaziest two minutes ever recorded. It makes bands like The Stones, Pistols and Guns sound like choirboys.