Last full album you listened to?

Broskirose

Queens Of The Stone Age - Lullabies To Paralyse

Really love that album.

Year Zero - NIN damn it just gets better everytime I listen and I've heard it a lot over the years. It's a ridiculously potent record.

Good choice.

Avenged Sevenfold - City of Evil

Album just turned ten yesterday and I had to take it for a spin for nostalgia's sake. Still a really solid album front to back.

Another good choice.

Edited by Towelie
  • Like 1

The Sonics - This is the Sonics

They recorded their first albumin 49 (yes forty nine) years after their biggest and iconic album

The singer is 70 when they recorded this and he STILL can maintain those shrieks and high notes, unbeliavable. He is even better than Axl in 2010
This is garage rock at it's finest. Maybe the most under rated band in history

"They were punk before punk"

another Seattle miracle

I'm amazed. This record really rock out. This is grandpa rock but still rocks harder than 80-90% bands out there now...

3-31-this-is-the-sonics.jpg

• Like 2

Muse - Drones

I was right, Muse is totally out of ideas. Matt's lyrics were never good but I feel like I'm listening to a 15 year old's anti-government rants. The Handler and Globalist are both kind of decent, at least.

The album is a bit of a letdown for me too. Without the lyric critique, it's just not engaging enough for me to want to listen again and again. I love songs like Dead Inside and The Handler, but the album just kinda passes by. The title track was a cool idea, but it comes after a lackluster second half of the album, so it just seems tacked on. The Globalist would've been a great 7.5-8-minute song, if the heavier part went somewhere interesting, instead of going into its predictable "epic" conclusion. So, that's a wasted 3 minutes. Aftermath and Revolt are okay, but don't really offer anything interesting for me. Defector is okay, but it sounds like another heavy Queen song. A bit bland.

Some good songs, but some very meh moments for the album.

Muse - Drones

I was right, Muse is totally out of ideas. Matt's lyrics were never good but I feel like I'm listening to a 15 year old's anti-government rants. The Handler and Globalist are both kind of decent, at least.

The album is a bit of a letdown for me too. Without the lyric critique, it's just not engaging enough for me to want to listen again and again. I love songs like Dead Inside and The Handler, but the album just kinda passes by. The title track was a cool idea, but it comes after a lackluster second half of the album, so it just seems tacked on. The Globalist would've been a great 7.5-8-minute song, if the heavier part went somewhere interesting, instead of going into its predictable "epic" conclusion. So, that's a wasted 3 minutes. Aftermath and Revolt are okay, but don't really offer anything interesting for me. Defector is okay, but it sounds like another heavy Queen song. A bit bland.

One of the reviews I read for it but it best, the album is so blase that there's no obvious high point or low point. It's just kind of one big amalgam of Muse's most overblown tendencies, but this time they don't even have a clear 'hit' on it. I really think the best thing this band could do is to take a big long break from the massive tours and high concepts and just...decompress a little, come back down to Earth and write some songs then.

Muse - Drones

One of the reviews I read for it but it best, the album is so blase that there's no obvious high point or low point. It's just kind of one big amalgam of Muse's most overblown tendencies, but this time they don't even have a clear 'hit' on it.

I think Revolt could be a big single.

One Of These Nights by Eagles.

Muse - Drones

One of the reviews I read for it but it best, the album is so blase that there's no obvious high point or low point. It's just kind of one big amalgam of Muse's most overblown tendencies, but this time they don't even have a clear 'hit' on it.

I think Revolt could be a big single.

One Of These Nights by Eagles.

Maaaybe, but my gut is telling me that this is the point the public starts getting bored with Muse. Revolt is catchy but it feels sort of...like an inferior copy of any Muse hit from BHaR on.

Death Grips - The Powers That B

Rush - Grace Under Pressure

Iron Maiden - Dance Of Death

Iron Maiden - A Matter Of Life And Death

Jerry Cantrell - Degradation Trip

Norah Jones - Little Broken Hearts

Faith No More - King For A Day... Fool For A Lifetime