This reviewer feels the same way most of us do.

wow that was spot on!

Here come the Axl defenders one by one...

gonna hate on the reviewer for what he said and done

All is perfect in the World ..theres still a GNR

Axls still driving

long after he wrecked that car..........

no way baby you wont feel like you did in 92

but accepting second best

sometimes tha all that you can do

so heres your consolation prize

cuz theres nothing left to prove

to anybody or anyone

least of of all you.....

you know the tried and the true

loyal fan you used to be

Back when GNR were more than a reminise on novelty.....ohh did I just steal that line

seems like Yesterdays

when you actually looked forward

And GNR had new music in them to play.....

Shuffle off to middle age

and let time do its thing

thats the only thing that is for certain

in any day and age..

some day the grave will call out your name...

And you silly bastards

youll still be listening for new music getting played.....

Best review I have read in years. Accurate, true and spot on.

Thank you for sharing.

"Most of us", perhaps we should make a list or something? The assumption that "most of us" are on here hating on GNR makes this a pretty void fan forum.

You're welcome.

And by "most of us" I'm referring to the (gasp) alarming majority of fans that are sick and tired of the same ol' same old. The reviewer didn't "bash" Axl or the band or cry for Slash to return, he simple stated that while the new band is great and he even thinks Axls vocals are top notch, he still feels there needs to be something new and fresh.

Edited by HollyWoodRose84

"Most of us", perhaps we should make a list or something? The assumption that "most of us" are on here hating on GNR makes this a pretty void fan forum.

Bull.

This forum is for people who love one or more incarnations of Guns n' Roses and/or one or more of the (solo) projects current or ex Guns n' Roses members have been involved in.

I think it's fair to say that many people are not entirely satisfied with what the current incarnation of Guns n' Roses (in name only) is (or rather isn't) doing.

Edited by username
  • Like 3

Hating on GNR? :lol:

I agree Axl is bashed all the time here, me included. But this review is just saying it's the same show as last time, solos are boring, etc. If you consider it hating, well, you're a fanatic and there are other forums dedicated for your kind.

• Like 2

Softie, I'll start the list right now then.

Who here feels the same way the reviewer does?

1. HollyWoodRose84

I disagree with him on some key issues.

For example I don't think Ashba has any talent whatsoever nor has he ever brought any Guns n' Roses song to life.

I've also been listening to a lot of late 80's GnR recordings lately. Which has reaffirmed my belief that when we say Axl's voice is good now, we're just settling for "passable" or "okay" and pretending it's good. It isn't. We're just too used to it being terrible most of the time.

His criticism though, is entirely justified.

Edited by username
  • Like 2

Best review I have read in years. Accurate, true and spot on.

Thank you for sharing.

You're welcome.

And by "most of us" I'm referring to the (gasp) alarming majority of fans that are sick and tired of the same ol' same old. The reviewer didn't "bash" Axl or the band or cry for Slash to return, he simple stated that while the new band is great and he even thinks Axls vocals are top notch, he still feels there needs to be something new and fresh.

Yep your point is valid, you're absolutely right. It's not hating. But it usually is followed by the haters (not sure why their here...).

You can add me to that list, new set list time Guns.. :)

• Like 1

Yep your point is valid, you're absolutely right. It's not hating. But it usually is followed by the haters (not sure why their here...).

You can add me to that list, new set list time Guns.. :)

lol "their"

I'm definitely going to blame my iphone for that..

Everyone has their own opinion. Is this reviewer a fan of GNR or Axl?

I find most critics just love to hate on anyone they review.

The least they can do is give Axl credit for still doing shows and putting on a 3 hour show. But I guess it's more fun to put someone down.

The least they can do is give Axl credit for still doing shows and putting on a 3 hour show. But I guess it's more fun to put someone down.

I guess you didn't read the entire review, did you? I would bet you didn't read it at all but judged for what was posted in the thread, because... he did praise Axl's vocals by saying "stronger as ever" and "top-notch condition of his voice".

People like you are a disgrace to the Guns N' Roses fanbase.

Edited by Nosaj Thing
  • Like 1

Everyone has their own opinion. Is this reviewer a fan of GNR or Axl?

I find most critics just love to hate on anyone they review.

Being a fan of a band does not mean you have to blindly follow and praise everything that band does. I'm a fan of Bon Jovi and I think that a majority of their 2000-now music stinks. I also don't like every single song from Bruce Springsteen. I wasn't a big fan of Elton John's recent album. It's called criticism, and no one should be immune to it.

Still putting on a three hour show while wheezy through songs you've sang for 20 years isn't exactly something that should be praised. Look at Bruce Springsteen, THAT'S how you put on a three hour show.

So weird how it seems a lot of these reviews people post praise Axls vocals.. I think his vocals is the main complaint on this forum at this point In time..

That's because a random media reviewer wouldn't typically be absolutely obsessing about raspiness and would be able to acknowledge the qualities of Axl's voice even without rasp, like range, sustain, versatility, tonal strengths and vocal melodies.

• Like 1