What do you love about Guns N' Roses?

For all the nonsense that goes on and has since 1987, something keeps us coming back to this band--in whatever incarnation you call your favorite.

The question is, why? Why don't a lot of us just move on to another band? What keeps us coming back?

What do you love about Guns N' Roses, old or new?

I love:

-Axl's lyrics (especially on the UYIs), his attitude, his way of thinking. He was truly an iconic figure ala Tupac or Cobain in the '90s.

Slash-- His amazing skills, his attitude, his own iconic presence and image.

The music -- the way GN'R in just one double album (the UYIs) spanned from folk through country through heavy metal through psychedelia through Stonesy honky tonk, Thrash Metal, and even to Industrial. Not many bands can claim that level of variety or experimentation on just one double record.

To me, GN'R were like the hybrid spawn of Aerosmith, The Sex Pistols, Led Zeppelin and the Stones. The raw intensity and American bluesy edge of Aerosmith, along with the groove; The don't give a fuck attitude of the Pistols, the grandiosity, epic scope and awesome riffage of Zeppelin, and the sleazy, seedy demonic blues of the Stones with that honky tonk piano.

They were/are just one of a kind--no band from their era sounds much like them.

This "move on to another band" is non-sense. I visit other forums, I listen to hundreds of other artists, more than I've ever lsitened to GNR probably. What keeps me coming here? I like the old band, I like previous lineups of Axl's band and I enjoy discussing the could and should have beens of GNR. The drama found here is nowhere to be seen in other forums. Having a laugh at Axl's or DJ's expense is particularly funny when you have fans to protect them. I guess I just want to see how this will end. It's probably the band I've taken time to imagine possible scenarios and how things could have been different. It's fun. I also enjoy seeing how ex drug-addicts like Slash and Duff are all clean, happy and respected guys and check their releases from time to time.

• Like 2

I love the DRAMA Guns N' Roses is and has always been.

It's like a soap opera. It's like a neverending LOST (the series). I'm not sure there's another exciting band, always on the edge, like this one.

Axl is the fuckin' KING of the world and I'm glad he's still around, with all of his flaws and lack of new music.

just the whole package how the guys looked and still look and a few of the later band members who worked hard to earn their spot and respect and just the way they deliver shows, Axl's voice. it is something perfect. the way they achieved everything the shit they caused, The songs i mean what band can make songs like Estranged, Coma, Paradise City SCOM YCBM, GN'R is just unique and special in every way you can think of

The music! It will always be timeless and so meaningful to me.

Axl Rose one of the best frontman of any rock band.

Axl, Slash, Izzy, Duff and Steven 5 guys who changed the sound of rock and roll music in the 80's and for all time.

to the new members of GNR for doing some amazing shows and giving their all for GNR fans all over the world.

Edited by Val22

The music got my attention, but the old days of MTV live coverage/concerts and new specials really hooked me. The duo of Axl and Slash on stage was captivating to say the least.

Kurt Loder played a pretty large role in my love of GN'R as strange as that is to say.

Edited by Smokin' Cigarettes

The music got my attention, but the old days of MTV live coverage/concerts and new specials really hooked me. The duo of Axl and Slash on stage was captivating to say the least.

Kurt Loder played a pretty large role in my love of GN'R as strange as that is to say.

I can understand the Loder thing...

Didn't Axl always "demand" that Loder be the guy to interview him?

He was usually very laudatory towards the band as well...

For all the nonsense that goes on and has since 1987, something keeps us coming back to this band--in whatever incarnation you call your favorite.

The question is, why? Why don't a lot of us just move on to another band?

I don't feel related to that last question. I love the band but that question sounds like obsession or fanatism and i't s definitely not the case. I admit it was when I was younger though. It's not like you only have to love one band or only one band can mean something to you, right?

Why do I love GNR? Because they have made some pretty awesome music through the years. Simple as that.

This.

There was something truly amazing watching Axl and Slash on stage together. Honestly I STILL feel like those two on stage together again would be frickin' awesome!!! They COULD have been the best guitar player/singer duo ever, but instead they are just top 10. I loved the rest of the band as well, especially Duff, but Axl and Slash were truly magic together.

This.

There was something truly amazing watching Axl and Slash on stage together. Honestly I STILL feel like those two on stage together again would be frickin' awesome!!! They COULD have been the best guitar player/singer duo ever, but instead they are just top 10. I loved the rest of the band as well, especially Duff, but Axl and Slash were truly magic together.

It was almost like having 2 great frontmen in 1 band. They were such distinct, strong personalitites. And on stage, Slash was as strong a presence as Axl was....