The Official FIFA World Cup Thread 2014

Tater Totts

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fuckin Bradley. It's like he's been trying to give every possession away both matches.

I would seriously consider sitting him against Germany. His head is not in the game.

That was an incredible pass by Ronaldo at the end.

Yes, it was.

Seriously, what's up with Bradley? Is usually so solid, but has been absolutely terrible.

Still in a pretty good position, but to lose the win that late. So rough.

Germany wont want portugal through. They will draw with USA and both go through.

Germany will not want Portugal? They won 4-0 last time. Portugal is not a candidate for this WC, sadly. I would be more worried having the US in some of the following rounds to be honest.

Moreover, making a pact would look ugly coming from a team like Germany. They would be widely criticized if it's too nototious but... who cares criticism if you win a WC?

So now Germany has to beat the shit out of the USA and Portugal score like 15 goals against Ghana? Feasible.

Cristiano, y u no Messi?!

If Ghana beats Portugal things could get interesting.

Would not be surprised if that happens. Personally, thinking they'll draw, while Germany beats the US.

I think the way the World Cup is set up is obnoxious. Points? How about go by win-loss? Eliminate bull shit ties and have penalty kicks at the end of regulation. Ending games in ties in a championship series is ridiculous and unnecessarily complicated. Whoever wins should move on. What kind of nonsense is a draw in professional sports?

Also, I think what constitutes a foul is ridiculous, the flopping is insane, and for the size of the pitch having only 3 referees is unreasonable. So much of the game is arbitrary that it almost renders talent and ability moot, making games come down to dumb luck far often more than athletic or strategic prowess.

Edited by TeeJay410

First time I've ever seen Ronaldo play. Is he really supposed to be the best in the world? He was so fucking bad, aside from setting up the desperation goal to end the game. Guy seems to be a complete tool on the level of Alex Rodriguez too.

Avoid getting blown out against the Germans and we should advance. Really wish Ghana wouldn't have made things interesting, but we are still much better off than anyone expected us to be.

Messi has better team mates in the national squad and CR7 is carrying a knee injury, he also won the european cup this season and has an unreal goal record for Manchester United and Real Madrid, two different leagues and teams. Usually carried United thru seasons and did it on cold nights in Stoke and Fulham. Messi is phenomenal but imo Ronaldo has proved himself more.

First time I've ever seen Ronaldo play. Is he really supposed to be the best in the world? He was so fucking bad, aside from setting up the desperation goal to end the game. Guy seems to be a complete tool on the level of Alex Rodriguez too.

No. The best in the world is called Messi.

That said, football is a team game; if you have a bad/mediocre team, one player alone can't make miracles. They can sometimes (see the aforementioned Messi in the last Argentina match), but you can't expect them to play alone against a whole decent team. And Cristiano has just finished a long season, fighting for the national league and the Champions league until the last day.

Yes, he is conceited and arrogant and I feel like punching him in the face but he is really a great player. Not like Messi, but he is great.

Edited by Thin White Duke

He's been injured for months and has played only a handful games here and there. He basically misses training every 2 or 3 days now since around the Semi's of the European Cup.

As for Portugal, I know Nani scored tonight, but Ronaldo should really feel like decking him considering how wasteful he is. Nani isn't much more helpful to this team than Mr. get sent of a bunch times every season Pepe. Coentrao the left back is the only other one that would honestly walk into a top side and belong.

Don't want to come across as a Ronaldo fan, cause that's an exaggeration considering I support Liverpool. However Messi actually only won the European Cup once more than Ronaldo and as far as team honours go, Ronaldo's done it in the Premiership as well.

Edited by AtariLegend