The Official FIFA World Cup Thread 2014

Tater Totts

World cup quiz? I would take top prize in that. Encyclopaedic knowledge of fifa world cups. I know all the history, stuff like the Battle of Bern and the Italian's fascist salute and the Maracana 1950 Brazil defeat and Wales' performance in the 1958 world cup - and the North Koreans in 1966.

Oh and, (for Graeme), Archie Gemmill's goal.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

World cup quiz? I would take top prize in that. Encyclopaedic knowledge of fifa world cups. I know all the history, stuff like the Battle of Bern and the Italian's fascist salute and the Maracana 1950 Brazil defeat and Wales' performance in the 1958 world cup - and the North Koreans in 1966.

Congratulations.

Oh and, (for Graeme), Archie Gemmill's goal.

Maybe quiz is the wrong word. What we do is guess the outcomes of every match in the ongoing World Cup.

Wenger or Mourinho? Even Capello couldn't do much. Would Redknapp have done much better. he's probably won less than Hodgson. Eriksson had the advantage of a golden generation more or less in their prime but we still never got past the dread quarters. A lot of people say Venables was one of the best but his reign was far too short lived, he was a great motivator apparently. Suppose we gotta give Woy another chance as he develops the team.

In Capello's defence and I know almost no one will agree with me. Despite the Germany game and Rooney ect bottling it like they've done at every tournament, his record over the 40 or so games he was in charge I think had the highest win ratio of any England manager for generations. He wasn't liked in the press and would call players out bullshit, but the FA/Media forcing captaincy changes was a fiasco. They wanted a top manager who would do things his way and went crazy when he did. Cappello honestly if you look at his managerial record excluding England, is one of the greatest in modern history. I think Euro 2012 might have been different with him in charge. Still though he wasn't expected to do anything with the Russian side at the moment before 2018 and he probably won't.

As for Redknapp I'm not convinced either.

Speaking of captaincy changes, is anyone else worried about Rooney probably getting it next?

UK, do what you do best: forget your own identity because no one cares and it was shit to begin with, and support the US.

I will never support the US. Football isn't even your main sport and for that reason alone you don't deserve to win the world cup.[/]

It's embarrassing England try so hard but the US have more chance at progressing.

Roy Out!

Still I think too many fancy players but not one real genius. So Barkley, Sturridge, Lallana waste of ammo. Keep Sturridge but bring Baines and Johnson on right left and right mid. Maybe play Lambert instead of Sturridge and swing crosses and long balls in. Get into them!

Baines out via injury: team already announced!

Manchester United striker Wayne Rooney has been omitted, with Daniel Sturridge the lone striker. Ben Foster replaces Joe Hart in goal, while James Milner, Frank Lampard, Ross Barkley, Jack Wilshere and Adam Lallana are brought into midfield. Phil Jones, Chris Smalling and Luke Shaw come into the defence.

Guest Len B'stard

MqlxsRq.jpg

Yass Mexico :wub:.

I think Amir just watches the game for the supporter babes :lol: Representing Belgium:

belgische-fan-die-internethype-werd-het-

Amirs got the right fuckin' idea then cuz they are fit as fuck...one of the highlights of the world cup is all that trans-atlantic crumpet all milling about in their football shirts looking like they just stepped out of an adolescents wank-bank.