The Official FIFA World Cup Thread 2014

Tater Totts

BBC just showed a replay that confirmed it was a bite, I thought watching ITV 4 that he actually got elbowed instead.

I don't know what to say as a Liverpool fan, other than lol. I think he'll get a big international ban. At least it'll give stations here something to talk about other than England every 10 minutes for a while.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys, there was no fix, come on. Italy didn't play to win. Uruguay put a lot of pressure and eventually scored, end of story.

The referee didn't see the bite, even if the player showed him the marks later, he couldn't do nothing about it because he didn't see the act itself. Deal with it.

Guys, there was no fix, come on. Italy didn't play to win. Uruguay put a lot of pressure and eventually scored, end of story.

The referee didn't see the bite, even if the player showed him the marks later, he couldn't do nothing about it because he didn't see the act itself. Deal with it.

The red card cost Italy the game. What were your thoughts on that call? The ref was right there on that play.

The bite was just a slap in the face.

Everyone that watched the game that wasn't a blind fan from Uruguay knew it was fixed. It's all over the media in the U.S.....they're already calling for a FIFA investigation on Suarez.

How hard is it for a team to pressure another team when the team is down a player, thanks to a pathetic red card? Especially when it was Uruguay who deserved the red and yellow cards, not Italy.

Yes, Italy had some minor fouls but there were probably 2 Uruguay fouls for every foul Italy made and ITALY WAS THE ONLY TEAM GETTING CARDED??? LOL.

And don't even get me started with how biased the ref was against Baotelli, giving him a phantom yellow card, causing him to get pulled from the game as well.

An Italian player WAS BITTEN AND NOTHING WAS EVEN DONE ABOUT IT. Just stop with your utter nonsense.

It was FIXED....and an absolute disgrace to the game.

Edited by Kasanova King

Uruguay captain Diego Lugano: "You saw this, really? You need to show me because I didn't see anything. Did you see it today or did you see what happened in other years. You couldn't have seen it today because nothing happened.

"The worst of everything is the attitude of Chiellini. He's a great player, with an enormous status. It doesn't correspond with Italian football. As sportsmen leaving the field, crying and appealing against a rival. As a man he disappointed me totally."

Wow. What a dick.

Uruguay captain Diego Lugano: "You saw this, really? You need to show me because I didn't see anything. Did you see it today or did you see what happened in other years. You couldn't have seen it today because nothing happened.

"The worst of everything is the attitude of Chiellini. He's a great player, with an enormous status. It doesn't correspond with Italian football. As sportsmen leaving the field, crying and appealing against a rival. As a man he disappointed me totally."

Wow. What a dick.

Uruguay was clearly the inferior team in all aspects, as witnessed during the first half. Italy should have maintained the pressure during the 2nd half....unfortunately they didn't, and then the fix was on....giving Uruguay the freedom to play dirty, knowing they weren't getting carded in the 2nd half.

Bunch of talentless hobos that don't deserve to be playing on the World stage.

I hope Columbia shows Suarez what a Columbian neck tie is. ;)

Wow. What a dick.

Uruguay was clearly the inferior team in all aspects, as witnessed during the first half. Italy should have maintained the pressure during the 2nd half....unfortunately they didn't, and then the fix was on....giving Uruguay the freedom to play dirty, knowing they weren't getting carded in the 2nd half.

what is sad is we shouldnt really be all that shocked. FIFA is the most corrupt and dirty sports organization there is. it makes boxing look pristine in comparison.

Wow. What a dick.

what is sad is we shouldnt really be all that shocked. FIFA is the most corrupt and dirty sports organization there is. it makes boxing look pristine in comparison.

In all fairness, I was under the impression FIFA was trying to clean up their acts over the past decade....but who knows.....this game was certainly an eye opener.

Prandelli has at least resigned after that clusterfuck: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28009818

I have to say he got pretty much everything wrong, playing for a draw is absolutely criminal, not least because it often doesnt work. Also somebody needs to tell those Italian players not to take so many touches, ridiculous how many opportunities came to nothing because they were messing about on the ball instead of passing it quickly. And Thiago Motta should never ever play for Italy again.

Edited by sturginho

That's the problem with football, manets. They put all the authority on the field on a single dumbfuck that needs to see what actually happened.

Replays? No thanks, we've got a fuckin' ref here. How cool is that? I mean, "deal with it?" Seriously? We're not talking about a team besting the other, it's about fairplay. Ignoring what happened just show that FIFA thinks football is more about acting, being favored by the refs and cheating without being caught. They lost a player with that, you know.

• Like 1

That's the problem with football, manets. They put all the authority on the field on a single dumbfuck that needs to see what actually happened.

Replays? No thanks, we've got a fuckin' ref here. How cool is that? I mean, "deal with it?" Seriously? We're not talking about a team besting the other, it's about fairplay. Ignoring what happened just show that FIFA thinks football is more about acting, being favored by the refs and cheating without being caught. They lost a player with that, you know.

Exactly....how could they fix matches if they allow instant replay....lol....

Agreed. The refereeing in this tournament has been pretty patchy but that's all it is.

Edit: The red card was justifiable too upon seeing the replay. While I doubt there was any malice behind it, it was a studs up challenge and it was high up on his leg. Uruguay didn't really take advantage of the extra man so it wasn't a great surprise that their goal came from a set-piece.

FIFA are rightly investigating Suarez too.

Edited by ADPT

Agreed. The refereeing in this tournament has been pretty patchy but that's all it is.

Edit: The red card was justifiable too upon seeing the replay. While I doubt there was any malice behind it, it was a studs up challenge and it was high up on his leg. Uruguay didn't really take advantage of the extra man so it wasn't a great surprise that their goal came from a set-piece.

it was a 50/50 challenge, it's not like he tried to bite him or anything!

10492368_843835282293956_896966198290432

it was a 50/50 challenge, it's not like he tried to bite him or anything!

It was a 50/50 but I can see why the card came out. I've seen worse get punished with a yellow and softer challenges get a red. All down to interpretation. Generally the referees have been pretty lenient so far. That might change now we're in the knock-out rounds.

I have my doubts... It's was just a matter of the referee seeing it or not. If he had seen the Suarez bite and not that dumb italian player, who deserved the red card indeed, maybe the result would have been different.

I think it's a lot to say it was fixed.

You know players should form a pact: everytime this kind of shit happens, they would refuse to continue playing until the ref gives a proper judgement based on an accurate replay or someone exchanges the current ref for someone else.

why not just stop the clock and give the refs a couple of minutes to go look at the replay while the teams get hydrated? soccer is one of the quickest sports i have seen since their is no commercial breaks or any real stoppage of time. going over to take 1 or 2 minutes at a replay to get things right would not hamper the game really.

I have my doubts... It's was just a matter of the referee seeing it or not.

Which is enough to say how fucked up Fifa is. Like you said it was just a matter pf the referee seeing it, fairplay? Nope, let's have a single guy trying to pay attention at all the shit happening on the field decide the course of the game, even tho we actually have means of seeing what happened (it's called replay)
  • Like 1