The Official FIFA World Cup Thread 2014

Tater Totts

That picture looks much worse than what it was...thanks to the Uruguayan drama queen. They were both going for the ball and the Uruguayan player made just as much contact with Baotelli.

But whatever, what is done is done.

http://gfycat.com/InformalLawfulBison

:huh:

:lol:

I watched the game at work so I was in and out...haha...not quite how I remembered it. But it certainly wasn't intentional...he was going for the ball.... :shrugs:

GODDAMN IT, JUST ADMIT IT WAS A STUPID MOVE AND THAT HE DESERVED THE YELLOW! :lol:

I guess I don't watch soccer enough to think something like that deserves a yellow... :P

.It's not like the Uruguayan player was just standing there....he ran and stopped there, and Baotelli was already airborne, trying to jump over him....it looked like an accidental collision of sorts. Do those types of plays normally get yellows?

Edited by Kasanova King

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That picture looks much worse than what it was...thanks to the Uruguayan drama queen. They were both going for the ball and the Uruguayan player made just as much contact with Baotelli.

I watched the game at work so I was in and out...haha...not quite how I remembered it. But it certainly wasn't intentional...he was going for the ball.... :shrugs:

GODDAMN IT, JUST ADMIT IT WAS A STUPID MOVE AND THAT HE DESERVED THE YELLOW! :lol:

I guess I don't watch soccer enough to think something like that deserves a yellow... :P

.It's not like the Uruguayan player was just standing there....he ran and stopped there, and Baotelli was already airborne, trying to jump over him....it looked like an accidental collision of sorts. Do those types of plays normally get yellows?

A knee to the head? Yes.

A knee to the head? Yes.

Fine, I guess he deserved it then.

:P

• Like 1

No

I don't see what the big deal is, Chilieni probably called his mom a whore. Biting worse than studs up?

Are you serious?

In all seriousness, sure he deserves a ban and kicked out of the world cup to make an example.

However come on guys, that's hardly most violent thing to ever happen on a football field. Didn't Zidane get like a 3 game ban for the legendary head butt? I remember Pepe's 10 match ban in La Liga for something that made Zidane's headbutt look like a handshake gone wrong.

You know players should form a pact: everytime this kind of shit happens, they would refuse to continue playing until the ref gives a proper judgement based on an accurate replay or someone exchanges the current ref for someone else.

why not just stop the clock and give the refs a couple of minutes to go look at the replay while the teams get hydrated? soccer is one of the quickest sports i have seen since their is no commercial breaks or any real stoppage of time. going over to take 1 or 2 minutes at a replay to get things right would not hamper the game really.
Stop trying to Americanise this sport, you 'muricans!

I like that the clock is never stopped. We would miss those Oscar-worthy performances to waste time when you are winning, such as the goalkeeper going to Colombia to make a long pass.

About Suarez. I don't know, it's not his fault if he was born with such a bite-sque teeth.

im not saying stop the clock in terms of the running clock on tv. im talking about the watch that the referee stops and keep track of to know how much time to add back on. the refs stop the clock for the water break in the US game, they stop the clock for injuries. why not stop the clock on certain calls to make sure they got it right?

You know players should form a pact: everytime this kind of shit happens, they would refuse to continue playing until the ref gives a proper judgement based on an accurate replay or someone exchanges the current ref for someone else.

why not just stop the clock and give the refs a couple of minutes to go look at the replay while the teams get hydrated? soccer is one of the quickest sports i have seen since their is no commercial breaks or any real stoppage of time. going over to take 1 or 2 minutes at a replay to get things right would not hamper the game really.
Stop trying to Americanise this sport, you 'muricans!

I like that the clock is never stopped. We would miss those Oscar-worthy performances to waste time when you are winning, such as the goalkeeper going to Colombia to make a long pass.

About Suarez. I don't know, it's not his fault if he was born with such a bite-sque teeth.

im not saying stop the clock in terms of the running clock on tv. im talking about the watch that the referee stops and keep track of to know how much time to add back on. the refs stop the clock for the water break in the US game, they stop the clock for injuries. why not stop the clock on certain calls to make sure they got it right?

That's just not not how the game works. The clock never stops. Any stoppages are tallied and the accumulated time is added on at the end, which can lead to such fantastic drama.