Matt Sorum open to GNR return

Guest NGOG

If Axl really wants to be spiteful he should reunite with everyone but Slash.

haha true

That would be the biggest win for Axl

He will win the game between him and Slash

In this situation everybody be his employee (like nutters Volcano26 Damn_Smooth etc. have said a million times)

Good for Matt. Not like that will ever happen. Axl hates him almost as much as he hates Slash, so Matt can talk all he wants. not going to happen.

How the fuck do you know?

Actually Axl mend fences with Steven in 2006 (i'm not saying that Adler use this for good when he openly talks shit about Axl and newgnr)

For fuck's sake, why the nitpicking of P4A's posts? Only this forum...

On topic, Axl and Matt, I imagine, are on the same terms that Axl and Gilby are on. They met up, talked, had a good time, (in Gilby's case, played a few songs), and will most likely never see each other again. Of course everyone is willing to play with Axl again! But Ax is too proud to let it happen, he had several more rounds planned and we are still on 1.

2015 Lineup:

Axl - lead vocalist, stand up comedian, happy guy in good mood

Paul Tobias - Lead Guitar

Matt - Drums

Gilby - stage clown

Pitman - Dancer/tambouriner

Dizzy - keyboard

DJ Ashba - rhythm

• Like 1

Axl hasn't done anything with GNR except tour the classics+5 CD songs which is one record in 15 years. He is in the last chance saloon for making a real statement with the band he dragged thru the muddy depths of Isengard to still front, better late than never but he's not getting any younger and it took him 4 years to return to form and change the setlist up a little... might as well call up the old guys if you can't do anything with guys as talented and competent bar Ashba as this.

I can see Duff and Izzy writing a few songs for GNR, and Duff bringing Matt along for a show or two. Now that Matt's taking on guitar playing and songwriting more, maybe he'd write something with Duff for GNR. Matt could wind up asking Axl if he'd like to take part in the arts and saving whales stuff he's involved in. Brain and Robin will probably pop in from time to time. Unless anyone actually leaves, i think that's going to be GNR from here on in.

I can see Duff and Izzy writing a few songs for GNR, and Duff bringing Matt along for a show or two. Now that Matt's taking on guitar playing and songwriting more, maybe he'd write something with Duff for GNR. Matt could wind up asking Axl if he'd like to take part in the arts and saving whales stuff he's involved in. Brain and Robin will probably pop in from time to time. Unless anyone actually leaves, i think that's going to be GNR from here on in.

I can see the same old GH tour with current members/plus a new faceless shredder and Duff guest on occasionaly, maybe Izzy on a few shows

That's all

This topic is hilariously fictional

I hope so. Frank is terrible.

He's the Ashba of drums.

Nope... Frank can keep time, set a groove and be creative with the parts without destroying the songs... Ashba just destroys in the worst possible sense. Never got the the anti-frank brigade thing, drums are the 1st thing I listen to on a record or live and he's a great live drummer, solid as a block and grooves just fine too!

Edited by Tom2112

Sorum is my least fave GNR drummer by a mile. A decent session guy but that's about it.

I remember first seeing him at Wembley in 91 and was horrified with how slow and grooveless the songs felt. His drum sound was hideous and rubbery as well.

I get why he was picked for the tour (he had decent endurance levels and that tour was a beast) but he took all of the passion and energy out of the Appetite tracks.

The dude also looked like a bit of a twat on that tour too.

Not a fan.

Bring back Brain. He was the greatest Guns drummer of all time.

good point of view. i like brain too. that 2002 wma's performance is one of my favorite of all time in gnr.

but speaking in losses, I think abruzesse and freese also has to be mentioned.