Rocket Queen

Anastasia

By The Sword

You're A lie

Sweet Child O'Mine

Slither

Paradise City

? Thanks!

Minus the double dose of rocket queen :)

That's all the Slash videos I recorded, the battery didn't fully charge properly.
I saved a bit of battery juice for Aerosmith, in case Slash jammed with them, but when the Conspirators left the stage they were in a van and gone within 5 minutes.

I recorded a few Aerosmith old school tunes, upload in progress.

Haven't been to Mansfield in a long time, any advice would be appreciated. :)

Heard it's best to stay away from the free parking lot unless you plan to hang out there a couple hours after the show?

Okay to bring in sealed bottles of water? Taking pics & video is allowed? Is there a curfew?

No bottles of any kind allowed in the venue....free parking is not that bad as they clear it out pretty quick.............longest I have had to wait is 30-45 minutes and I was far in the back............you can drink in the lot as long as you have the beer in an opaque cup....they have police on mountain bikes patrolling the lot and they will make you dump a beer if it is still in the bottle or can otherwise they are pretty tolerant of tailgating as long as your not an asshole about it..

They also had a policy last year that you could not two fist beers in the venue...If they see you with 2 beers in hand they will make you dump one of them or at least they did last time I went there......

• Like 1

sidenote: Todd Kerns made a guest appearance with Kim Mitchell during his set.

It's a Canadian thing, but Kim Mitchell was in a (great fucking band) called Max Webster.

Max Webster used to open for Rush (a lot) back in the 70's.

Max Webster recorded a song called Battle Scars, which Geddy Lee did guest vocals on.

Kim did this song live during his set yesterday, and that's the song Todd Kerns did guest vocals on.

If you know the song, Todd fucking killed it!

I like Go For A Soda and Rock N' Roll Duty; don't know any other Mitchell.

But anyway, I'm finally at my computer after the Jones Beach show. Everyone's already pretty much said what I thought, but I'll concisely state it anyway.

Crowd was a bit sparse for the beginning of Slash's set, but as posters have noted that is likely due to the tailgaiting. I was impressed with the amount of people standing for Slash's set throughout the duration, usually it's tough to get people to stand for openers, but I guess Slash is a bit of an exception given his high profile nature. I am so sick of Ghost, but whatever, it's not a bad song; I still rocked out to it. Decent crowd response from Nightrain, but there weren't that many people there at that point. WOF was good, Back From Cali, etc., all good. YCBM got a surprisingly non-caring response from the crowd which sort of annoyed me, I mean you don't have to freak out like the hardcore fans do.... but people acted like they had never heard the song before. Good to see Slash using a Les Paul for it. Other than that the set went pretty much as expected with crowd interest peaking for SCOM, and Paradise City.

This was my third Aero show, and maybe my favorite; though they've really been comparably good each time so it's hard to pick. Kings and Queens right into Toys in the Attic was fucking awesome, I hadn't heard them do either of those before, and unfortunately they don't pull out the early stuff too often. Opening with Back In The Saddle is smart, but Joe really needs to use one of his Les Pauls or Strats for it, whatever guitar he used sounded like absolute garbage - Brad's tone throughout the night (even when Joe was using a LP) was much better IMO, I also think he's a better lead player but that's neither here nor there; and their respective styles do mesh well together. Steven Tyler sounds unbelievably good, I can't get over it. Tom looks like he's a ghost (no Slash pun intended), and Joey looked like he was really working hard on the drums, but I didn't notice any slip ups. Other than the two songs I mentioned earlier, No More No More, Eat The Rich, and an unexpected Chip Away the Stone were highlights for me. The biggest surprise of the Aero set though: no Slash. Like everyone else, I assumed we were guaranteed at least Train Kept-A or Mama Kin (or both), but whatever, not a huge deal.

I was upset to read from P4A that the non-floor seats didn't stand up for the show, that really annoys me when I'm in that situation at a concert. Luckily a friend of a friend who works for LiveNation hooked me up with the tickets I had.... doubt I would have shelled out whatever ridiculous price floor seats were, unless it was a show I seriously wanted to be up front for.

And as for the venue, this was my third Jones Beach show... yeah it's hell to get out there (I came from NJ), but it is a really nice venue. And the sound (the mix, the acoustics) have been near perfect every time I've been. I could hear both sides guitars and vox with no issue (I was sitting middle to stage left on the floor).

Edited by OmarBradley
  • Like 2

I got the tickets to their show at the Pechanga theater. Looks to be good seats (row U - 103-105) for the lowest price according to this chart.

theater.png

The tickets also says that no cameras or recording devices are allowed. Do people actually follow that?

Edited by Anguyen92

These sound fantastic. Stone Blind sounds awesome. Kind of like a Shots Fired type track, although that could just be because the titles and phrasing in the choruses are similar. Either way, sounds like a ballsy rock track. 30 Years To Life sounds great as well. Really driving guitar and sounds like its a step up from just being a generic rock song (at least IMO). Hard & Fast-ish I guess, if I had to compare it to something.

Too bad Myles' vocals didn't work at the beginning but I agree with Omar that this video at least gives you the idea of the songs. A million drinks to the guy who finally uploaded these. And not that I don't like Bent To Fly, but I will say I'm happy to see I enjoy the other 3 we know from the album more than that one. Definitely a great sign for this album, which I was nervous about being so long.

And while its completely stupid and unnecessary, I did rip the audio from the Youtube in case this video gets pulled. Ridiculous because the audio is far below par, but I certainly don't want to not be able to hear these songs again if they happen to go away. This is better than nothing.