SLASH featuring Myles Kennedy & The Conspirators Tour 2014 / 2015

batman007

It's a bloody shame to see people not watching the stage and stuff like that. I mean even if you don't really care about this band and all, it would be nice to try to invest in it and maybe enjoy it and get some good bonus value out of that face value of the ticket price. The band sounds good. That's all that matters in the end.

Edit: Oh wait, that's the security guards. The crowd is still dead though.

Edit x 2: No wait, I see some people in the crowd talking amongst each other while the song going. F'.

Edited by Anguyen92

Wifi kicked in.... here is video #1:

World On Fire & You Could Be Mine

http://youtu.be/h9WKPlYc7xY

Other videos will be uploaded tomorrow

Thanks for the video!

What a dead crowd :( . Myles sounds decent on YCBM (I like his "MIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNEEEEEE") but man, he has zero stage presence. When Todd comes in with the backing vocals on World on Fire it really gives the song some "oomph". Can Myles play bass? Maybe him and Todd should switch :P

Thought Slash's YCBM solo sounded great, but how come he isn't playing on his BC Rich Mockingbird? We've seen photos of one leading up to the tour...

Edited by Amir

OK, I guess I'm late to the party, but I took got a video of You Could Be Mine. Its only the second half. I was so thrilled when they started playing it, and then it occurred to me about halfway through that GNR fans might want to hear it so I taped the end. Thought that was fine as the end part with Myles is basically the kicker. I thought he did a great job with the song, although I'm a Myles fan. The way I see it, if you like Myles and are fine with how he's sung GNR songs thus far, you'll probably enjoy or accept this. If you haven't liked those vocals, you'll probably think this sucks too. He doesn't have the rasp or venom, but he's got the range and the consistency and IMO I prefer this to how Axl sings it nowadays. At least Myles sounds like he can handle it.

Various other thoughts about the show:

Aerosmith were great but I was DEVASTATED Slash didn't play with them. I don't know, was I the ONLY one who thought it would be a given and done deal that Slash would be guesting with them every night. I thought that was the whole point of the tour: Slash opens and plays with them cause their friends. What sucked was Aerosmith played a really killer set, but from the beginning the cherry on top was gonna be Slash.

After Dream On I questioned when it was coming cause I knew about the curfew so I figured he had to play Mama Kin now or it wouldn't happen. They closed with Sweet Emotion and I swear it put a damper on the rest of the show. The lights stayed out for quite a bit after the band left the stage and I really do think the audience was standing waiting for a guest appearance. I just thought that was the deal of this tour. It left me in shock the whole ride home. Again, a really great show from both bands, but the non-Slash guest appearance really sucked the air out of the show for me and ended it on a sour note. In the blink of an eye, the concert was kind of ruined for me, which really sucks cause Aerosmith was really good.

Its been a few hours and the shock is kind of going away. I'm able to accept the show for the greatness that it was. But I still feel it was extremely odd. Was I the only one blown away by this? I genuinely did not believe the show was over.

• Like 1

That was pretty damn awesome!

Glad that Brent nails the drum intro to YCBM too, and Myles sounds pretty damn good too I must say!!! :headbang:

So glad to see Slash bust this out, he plays this so well!

I thought it was very respectable attempt, considering this is only the second time they've played it, and for Slash, second time in 20 years!

No one can play THAT Guns guitar sound like Slash does.

• Like 1

That was pretty damn awesome!

Glad that Brent nails the drum intro to YCBM too, and Myles sounds pretty damn good too I must say!!! :headbang:

So glad to see Slash bust this out, he plays this so well!

I thought it was very respectable attempt, considering this is only the second time they've played it, and for Slash, second time in 20 years!

No one can play THAT Guns guitar sound like Slash does.

We need the B. C Rich mate

Since the clip in the other thread disappeared and this is the right thread anyway, I'll repost here:

I'm glad I'll see Slash headlining. This is almost painful to watch. YCBM kicks in, half of the forum would go berserk. People just standing around, getting drinks, backs to the stage and having a conversation as if an average local band is given the opportunity to open :no:

Haven't watched the whole clip, but I didn't like Myles' vocals on YCBM. Great to hear Slash play it, nonetheless.

• Like 1

Well, Myles needs to practice the song a little bit more, he can't move around the stage cause he is reading the lyrics. It's a little bit early for him to be comfortable with the song but i'm quite sure that will be way better when they'll come to Europe in November / December ! :headbang:

OK, I guess I'm late to the party, but I took got a video of You Could Be Mine. Its only the second half. I was so thrilled when they started playing it, and then it occurred to me about halfway through that GNR fans might want to hear it so I taped the end. Thought that was fine as the end part with Myles is basically the kicker. I thought he did a great job with the song, although I'm a Myles fan. The way I see it, if you like Myles and are fine with how he's sung GNR songs thus far, you'll probably enjoy or accept this. If you haven't liked those vocals, you'll probably think this sucks too. He doesn't have the rasp or venom, but he's got the range and the consistency and IMO I prefer this to how Axl sings it nowadays. At least Myles sounds like he can handle it.

I don't think he handled the breakdown with the machine gun vocals at all. He tried to sing high but had to go down a few times and he didn't have the sustain on the high tones. Maybe just because it was his first time, but I was surprised he didn't do it better. It really shows what an amazing singer Axl was and still is.

didn't slash2baz say 60 minutes for opening gigs? I think it's in here somewhere give me a minute

here it is, they're on 60 minutes on Let Rock Rule gigs

yes headlining gigs: 120min

Let Rock Rule opening gigs: 60min ;)

Thanks, didn't see that.

Well that's a bit of a downer. I'm going with 3 people who have never seen solo Slash live, was hoping to get the "Slash Experience" with at least extended Rocket Queen, Godfather, and a few other staples.

Unfortunately they'll only get a small taste of the Slash Experience with this show. He took the stage 7:30 on the dot, and they were taking their bows at 8:30. The hour flew by. Aerosmith hit the stage a couple of minutes after 9.

The venue was less than half full when they started, but that's not out of the ordinary. The venue is well known for it's tailgating parties as there is no alcohol sold inside, so needless to say the parking lot was full and it was a beautiful night to chill with plastic cups and the car stereo cranking tunes. The crowd in general were there to see Aerosmith, and it may have been some of the oldest people I've ever seen at a concert. I'm talking people in their 60's and 70's. Not surprising I guess, Steven is 66 (OMG) and the band has been around for decades now. The crowd didn't just suck for Slash, but for the band I assume most were there to see. Applause was generous, but the only people who stood for the show were on the floor. I still can't believe I SAT for an Aerosmith concert....

The people there were truly "casual fans". SCOM and PC got a great response, but there was not a lot of reaction to Nightrain or Slither, never mind Anastasia. I was the only one singing anything in my entire section.

I agree with who said it was disappointing Slash didn't at least join Joe on stage to even do a jam or something. I would have bet money on it. And can I just say that Steven, at 66 is still fuckin amazing! Dude left the stage once during Joe's song, I believe that was it. He looks and sounds amazing. His energy is incredible. And I must say, I love his mustache too. Liv was there, showed her just off the stage, and he dedicated No More No More to her.

Was an awesome night, despite all the geriatric fans. A great show overall and I would recommend anyone who gets the chance to go see it.

• Like 1

Aerosmith setlist looks good, when I saw them we got Mama Kin (my favourite Aerosmith song) instead of Back in the Saddle (2nd favourite Aerosmith song, would have been ecstatic with that as an opener, too), and Come Together instead of Chip Away the Stone. Was very impressed by Steven Tyler as well, only problem I had with my show was camera phones, but at least the crowd had some enthusiasm :P

Glad people are liking the video I took. I plan to write a review when I have time today. All in all it was a great time. I strongly recommend checking out this show.

Only thing I'll say about the crowd is it was much more lively during Paradise City. You'll see that when I upload that video. SCOM and Paradise City are coming soon.

Here is SCOM:

http://youtu.be/pumhuk49owU

Edited by WAR41

Alright all of my videos from the July 10 Jones Beach show have been uploaded:

World on Fire/You Could Be Mine: http://youtu.be/h9WKPlYc7xY

Sweet Child O Mine: http://youtu.be/pumhuk49owU

Paradise City: http://youtu.be/Cefid8HA3hM

Here is the complete set list:

Ghost
Nightrain
Back to Cali
World on Fire
You Could Be Mine
Anastasia
You're a Lie

Sweet Child O Mine
Slither

By the Sword

Paradise City

Thanks

WOF sounds better live

YCBM sounds OK, i like Slash tone, but Myles at the fast part looses big time, then he omitted the end scream which is a crime...