SLASH featuring Myles Kennedy & The Conspirators Tour 2014 / 2015

batman007

Funny how everybody here almost commit suicide when listening to Ashba play Slash songs, but they try to justify this Miles Boring Crap by saying he is "still learning" YCBM. :rofl-lol:

Horrible singing, horrible performing, I see no difference between his butchering and Fergie's one.

DEATH.

Haha wow. I think the honest to God difference is that Myles is a humble guy who isn't a petulant child like DJ. He knows he isn't Axl and doesn't try to be, unlike a certain some one who tries to be Slash and just isn't. Myles is thankful for the opportunities he has been given while DJ posts every GNR album in the 'music' section of his website like he has been there all along.

So what? I'm not talking about their personalities but their performances! O_o

Ashba acts like an asshole and plays bad guitar......................and?........................ Myles is humble, knows he ain't no Axl but he still butch GN'R songs being dull, boring and colorless. He makes me want to sleeZzzzz....

I didnt know about this trend of forgiving artists flaws based on behavior. Please leave me out.

LOL, k

Just watched your vids WAR, thanks. My battery was dangerously low so I couldn't take any, only got a few pictures. Looks like I was sitting a level up from you and to the left of the soundboard. I'm reminded once again of how much the crowd sucked, until almost the end of the set. But you can still see Slash doing his thing, having fun and rocking it.

Brent's got to work on his YCBM intro. Took me a second to realize what song it was. But I thought Myles did a great job. It's an ambitious song to cover and he didn't disappoint imo. He's won me over, I love his style.

Different people at work were asking me about the concert all day. I'm actually sad it's over.

Great show in Ottawa tonight!

Setlist:

Ghost

Nightrain

Standing in the Sun

World on Fire

You Could Be Mine

Anastasia

You're A Lie

Sweet Child

By the Sword

Slither

Paradise City

For an Ottawa crowd it was nice to see people moving. Overall a really strong, tight show. He should have headlined.

Guest Gunns

I gotta disagree and say Myles sounded pretty bad on YCBM. His annunciation of the words and his tone is pretty shit and definitely annoying.

Yes I know Axl can't even sing the song these days, but Myles was out of depth here, he even comes across as uncomfortable singing it, with his gestures and weird finger pointing he's doing. I think Slash should find a new singer or go completely solo ala Buckethead route

No. Myles is great. I love that they took a chance with YCBM. Slash nailed it. It's part of changing up the set list and not making it the same old stale shit on every tour. They could easily just keep doing SCOM, PC, My Michelle, Brownstone, and the casual fan would be more than content. But for hardcore fans, getting new songs and mixing different old songs are a real treat. No different than people who were falling over themselves with the thought of 3 different songs for the Guns residency, and then wetting their panties over Yesterdays and TWAT.

No. Myles is great. I love that they took a chance with YCBM. Slash nailed it. It's part of changing up the set list and not making it the same old stale shit on every tour. They could easily just keep doing SCOM, PC, My Michelle, Brownstone, and the casual fan would be more than content. But for hardcore fans, getting new songs and mixing different old songs are a real treat. No different than people who were falling over themselves with the thought of 3 different songs for the Guns residency, and then wetting their panties over Yesterdays and TWAT.

Exactly. I've seen Slash solo 8 times. Every show since the first one, I have gotten at least 3 new songs I've never heard him play live before. Except at this opening for Aerosmith show in which I only heard 2 songs I've never heard before (I expected opening for Aerosmith he'd play all stuff I've seen). Thats why Slash is an amazing show. Every one is truly different and he goes the extra mile that he really doesn't have to to make you come back. As if the band wasn't good enough already, he also always keeps you guessing about what he's gonna throw in and they take the time to really go out of their way for their hardcore fans.

"GNR" hasn't done that since 1993. Sorry, but there's a reason I've gone back to see Slash solo 8 times and seen post-93 Guns only once.

• Like 3

Aren't we wetting ourselves over You Could Be Mine... just like yesterdays?

Slash hasn't played YCBM since argentina 93, Axl hasn't played yesterdays since Argentina 93. They are both doing the same, except Axl is going under the GNR name.

Axl could change up the setlists but he plays an average 3 hour show.

Slash plays 2 hours.

Edited by Axl_morris

Aren't we wetting ourselves over You Could Be Mine... just like yesterdays?

Slash hasn't played YCBM since argentina 93, Axl hasn't played yesterdays since Argentina 93. They are both doing the same, except Axl is going under the GNR name.

Axl could change up the setlists but he plays an average 3 hour show.

Slash plays 2 hours.

Sorry, but I completely disagree. Yes, Axl is playing Yesterdays for the first time in as long as Slash is playing You Could Be Mine, but Slash has been out on the road for 4 years and regularly changes the setlist. Axl has been playing the same songs for the last 14 years, and has about 10 songs that he sometimes rotates in like TWAT and Catcher In The Rye which, while great additions, aren't really anything to cream over. We cream because Axl doesn't do it much so when he does it seems like a big deal, even though it really isn't.

Once every 4 years he throws in something really rare like Estranged or Yesterdays, or even Don't Cry when it came back. By comparison, Slash actively tries to switch his opener every leg or so and debuts at least 2 killer tracks to his setlist basically every half a year or so. Serial Killer, Let It Roll, Jungle, Civil War (which he debuted BEFORE Axl and IMO rendered Axl reintroducing it not as special anymore). Once Axl introduces something, its in the set for the next 5 years and it becomes stale. When Slash does, he manages to keep them refreshing.

AND just to keep going, Axl plays 3 hours, with about an hour of that being stupid jams. I'm sorry, but I just can't compare the two shows in terms of length. Axl plays a little longer, but if we're going by songs its usually about 5 songs. I really like both of the guys but you can't really compare them. Axl has done so little with something he could do so much with, and thats just in terms of touring, while Slash you'd think would run out of gimmicks and tricks and seemingly has only gotten better. Plus, and its minor, but Axl's inconsistency is a huge factor, even if he is Axl.

Whew.

• Like 1

Well, in defense of the GNR jams, Slash often will play a lot of extended versions of songs where I'm like "when does this end, dang it!" in songs like Rocket Queen (I can recall the Vegas version being 20 min. long while 10 min. of that was him soloing), Anastasia, and there's probably more but not really in the back of my mind, atm.

Edit: Oh wait, I checked youtube for a video of that version. It's 17 min. It's still too long, dang it.

Edited by Anguyen92

Slash still gets the most applause when he performs GNR songs.

I just can't stand Miles Kennedy's voice. It just annoys me and he sounds horrible when singing any GNR song.

My son saw Slash years ago and he said the same thing about Slash going on and on with his guitar.

I honestly hate most guitar solos unless they are actually playing a song.

Led Zeppelin's Jimmy Page was one who kept playing on and on. I felt it ruined some of the songs. I know they are great guitar players, but play your damn songs that are on the cds. lol