Matt Sorum to Ted Nugent: "You are a sick individual"

Has anyone heard the anecdote when Nuge played the Texas Jam in '78? He had been in Africa and arrived by helicopter brandishing two Lion claws! Always provokes his crowds, does Ted. At one show in the Deep South he came out with, ‘’the South will rise again’’ (cue, cheers). ‘’But not if you are all drunk and fat’’! He sometimes precedes a song with, ‘’you cannot do this on a Jap guitar’’. He once preceded Cat Scratch Fever with, ‘this is the greatest riff in the world’’.

Has anyone heard the anecdote when Nuge played the Texas Jam in '78? He had been in Africa and arrived by helicopter brandishing two Lion claws! Always provokes his crowds, does Ted. At one show in the Deep South he came out with, the South will rise again (cue, cheers). But not if you are all drunk and fat! He sometimes precedes a song with, you cannot do this on a Jap guitar. He once preceded Cat Scratch Fever with, this is the greatest riff in the world.

"Jap guitars" are often better than their American counterparts, so shows what he knows about anything.

Has anyone heard the anecdote when Nuge played the Texas Jam in '78? He had been in Africa and arrived by helicopter brandishing two Lion claws! Always provokes his crowds, does Ted. At one show in the Deep South he came out with, the South will rise again (cue, cheers). But not if you are all drunk and fat! He sometimes precedes a song with, you cannot do this on a Jap guitar. He once preceded Cat Scratch Fever with, this is the greatest riff in the world.

"Jap guitars" are often better than their American counterparts, so shows what he knows about anything.

Yes but he is a proper Bush-style 'patriot', isn't he, so he is not going to admit that. I do not think he even tours much outside the States. I remember someone saying to him in an interview once, ''why do you never play in the UK?' and his reply was something like, ''you limey bastards could not afford me''.

I prefer American guitars but the Japanese make absolutely phenominal instruments. A good Ibanez, Takamine, etc is a great thing

Anyways, Ted does seem like a piece of shit but I don't know the guy personally

Edited by ZoSoRose

Yes but he is a proper Bush-style 'patriot', isn't he, so he is not going to admit that. I do not think he even tours much outside the States. I remember someone saying to him in an interview once, ''why do you never play in the UK?' and his reply was something like, ''you limey bastards could not afford me''.

Which translates to: Not enough people in the U.K. like me so promoters can't pay my fee.

Well he was not even that successful in the United Kingdom during his heyday. In fairness, he made three phenomenal studio albums and a great live album in the 1970s. It is weird how the rest of his discography is a piece of crap.