Matt Sorum to Ted Nugent: "You are a sick individual"

I remember being 14 and going into a guitar shop and looking up at the ceiling where there were all these autographs of musicians who had visited the shop. When I saw Ted's autograph I gasped and said out loud "wow, Ted Nugent." The employee working there was like "He's a fucking asshole."

Edited by combos

Yeah, not a huge fan and hate his hunting. I don't like hunting at all although he does eat most of what he kills, but still, just go to the supermarket okay.

I know he's a good guitar player, but really his music sucks.

I don't agree with killing animals just for the sake of or enjoyment of killing something, or to put a head on the wall. And I don't agree with all the pay-to-kill, fenced in type of hunting. Nor do a care for all the redneck, macho Ted Nugent bullshit that some hunters get off on. But there is nothing wrong with hunting for food.

I honestly think that's more of what Matt is on about here: the kill-for-fun, pose-with-carcasses sort of thing that Ted Nugent does. IIRC the photo that prompted this was of a preteen kid and a groundhog he'd killed. Nobody's eating that.

I'm on the same page with this. I don't think hunting or fishing are things I'd ever do, but if someone is actually going to go out, kill a deer or a fish, bring it home and use all of that animal's meat and hide, I get it. That's probably healthier than the processed stuff you buy at the supermarket and the animals have had a far better quality of life since they've been out in the wild, not in a factory farm somewhere. However, the kill-for-fun, trophy hunting, captive hunting stuff really IS sick and wrong IMHO.

And of course Nugent has said plenty of other questionable, sick things, IMHO. I'm not a fan of his politics to say the very least.

Edited by stella
  • Like 2

Nugent is a mistaken piece of shit and Matt is an annoying douche.

I'm all for animal rights, but I do wonder where this is coming from with him. I don't remember him going so crazy in the GNR and Velvet Revolver days.

Did Sorum just imply Axl and his fans are rednecks?

No, he did not.

On topic: In my opinion, hunting animals for food is ok. It's only disgusting when you start bragging about it or you do it just for kicks.

Edited by jekylhyde
  • Like 1

Yeah, not a huge fan and hate his hunting. I don't like hunting at all although he does eat most of what he kills, but still, just go to the supermarket okay.

You do realize that the meat in the grocery store is also the result of someone killing an animal too, right? And if you think for a moment that it is more humane than hunting, you would be very wrong. Cows and pigs frequently either have their throats slit and they are strung up by one foot to bleed out or they get hit in the skull with a hammer and then strung up as before. Many are still alive at the time. You want to know about chickens? Seriously....meat at the grocery store doesn't just magically appear in packages. Edited by DangerousCurves
  • Like 1

You do realize that the meat in the grocery store is also the result of someone killing an animal too, right? And if you think for a moment that it is more humane than hunting, you would be very wrong. Cows and pigs frequently either have their throats slit and they are strung up by one foot to bleed out or they get hit in the skull with a hammer and then strung up as before. Many are still alive at the time. You want to know about chickens? Seriously....meat at the grocery store doesn't just magically appear in packages.

Val doesn't know this, but her son and daughter do.

The worst part of this recent Matt Sorum shit is that, due to him being in a band 20 years ago, we have to read all of it.

Best comment of the topic.

I've got no problem with people who hunt for food, or when hunting is necessary for population concerns.

Nugent seems like an arrogant douche who hunts for trophies - I disagree.

Sorum seems like a whiny bitch who probably has never met a new person without quickly telling that person that he is a rock drummer.

But in the vein of what Bacardimayne said.............who really cares what these two dudes think? Just because they are musicians doesn't make t heir opinions noteworthy or worthwhile.

Edited by Groghan
  • Like 1

Thank god Matt Sorum voiced his opinion on this. Whenever I'm struggling to decide what I think about a person or position, I always say to myself "Man, if only Matt Sorum were here to sort this all out."

By that logic, no one should ever say anything about anything. Which is an odd track for a message board poster to take.

Thank god Matt Sorum voiced his opinion on this. Whenever I'm struggling to decide what I think about a person or position, I always say to myself "Man, if only Matt Sorum were here to sort this all out."

By that logic, no one should ever say anything about anything. Which is an odd track for a message board poster to take.

I was just poking fun. But I do feel his whole crusade is a little silly, and sort of fits the stereotype of rockstar taking on a cause after seeing a documentary on the history channel in his hotel room.

Maybe if he were making sophisticated points I'd give more of a damn what he has to say (which is where the grace of message board posters can be spared). But really all he says is "killing endangered animals isn't nice and ted Nugent is a jerk." Thanks Matt, in other news water is wet and sugar is sweet. Who really is sitting there thinking to themselves "oh man, I knew they were slaughtering dolphins, but now that Matt Sorum said something I'm taking action!"

It's good on Matt to use his influence for a good cause, but it all seems silly to me.

• Like 1