Why is Bumblefoot not shown very much on proshot shows and why isn't he the lead guitarist?

I noticed on all the pro shot shows especially since DJ has been in the band that BBF is rarely shown even when he does a solo. It also happened when Robin was in the band but nothing like since DJ has come on board.

It my cut to him for a few seconds and then off to something else and it will show DJ just basically playing rhythm guitar for a long time.

Hell you see more of Frank than you do BBF.

To me BBF is the LEAD guitarist in GNR and should get more face time. When he is doing the shredding type solos on the CD material the producer should show his work.

I know DJ is more appealing to the ladies and has a bigger following but damn give credit where credit is due.

I for one do not like DJ's guitar work in GNR, outside of GNR I look at it different but I am not a big fan of Sixx AM either.

I know there were rumors of BBF leaving which I believe to be false at this time........

I wish DJ was leaving and Axl give most of the lead guitar work to BBF and give Richard a spot here and there but basically have BBF on lead and Richard on rhythm.

BBF is more than capable of play anything in the GNR catalog he has proven that time and time again, no he doesn't sound just like Slash but he isn't Slash he is BBF so his own style is going to show in some of the old stuff.

You take Estranged he can pretty much nail that beast every time and plays it live better than Slash ever did. Not dogging on Slash at all, just expressing my take on there performances of the song.

JMHO

• Like 1

bbf is kinda ugly and not glamourous at all (zero charisma)

I think he's quite attractive, he has that Louis Theroux vibe about him. It's all subjective I guess.

I agree with you. He may be kind of ugly, but imo he is attractive and has a lot of charisma. Don't like the beard though.

I think he's quite attractive, he has that Louis Theroux vibe about him. It's all subjective I guess.

I agree with you. He may be kind of ugly, but imo he is attractive and has a lot of charisma. Don't like the beard though.

I like the beard, I know a few men who have similar facial adornments so maybe I'm just used to mega beards. :-)

• Like 1

In a word: MARKETING.

I explain it, Ashba is more famous, Sixx AM is always in the mainstream charts, he has charisma.

Bumblefoot is a great guitarist (i dont like but he is very good), but he is underground, he isnt in charts, in commercials...

I suppose Axl and Team Brazil know it.

Now that I have a list of road crew names from the DVD, Jim DeStefano being the video director for the band would have to answer that one. I think you see Fortus far less. How much camera time do Dizzy or Chris get? Tommy and Bumblefoot get about as much camera time as Axl or DJ do, but most of those pro shots for the venues are there to help people see the musicians up close if they're in nosebleeds. For home viewers, it's probably not much different.

Because Ashba is Axl's chosen wingman, which is a horrendous decision any way you look at it but he probably sees him as a surrogate Slash. His popularity, enthusiasm and radio rock songwriting skills were seen as the only positives and that he can play adequately, no more or less. His popularity extends only to social media and association with the guy from motley crue, his enthusiasm is corny and takes attention off everyone else whilst he does some aimless, tasteless noodleshred thing or drinks some jager or does a wrestling pose, he has not got Axl to make a record or change anything up, BBF is more healthily enthusiastic being responsible for set changes, insightful interviews and fan interaction and guitar clinics, and his radio rock will not fit in with Guns N' Roses nor will it enhance anyone else's skills in the cauldron of new music.

It has always baffled me that Axl makes the player with the most skills be the secondary lead. He did it with Buckethead & Finck, Bumblefoot & Finck and now with Bumblefoot & Dj. I understand Dj & Robin have a "bending" style that compliments the older songs, but hell Bumble & Bucket can play anything and add far more original flare to the band. If he's really trying to push the sound of GNR forward, I don't get why he won't go with them.

He has a lot of charisma yes and he certainly isn't ugly imo. I have met him several times, both with and without the beard, I prefer him without. Edited by RocketQueen1985