Ask staff

UK SUBS

Why do I get a facepalm? I'm just quoting Gunner. :lol:

Russ wanted to give you a seven day suspension and move your warning point total to five, but I said no, I think a facepalm response should be enough.

:P

Russ wanted to give you a seven day suspension and move your warning point total to five, but I said no, I think a facepalm response should be enough.

Russ has single-handedly ruined the GNR community. He's basically the Devil.

• Like 2

I just wanted to make it clear that, once it's not allowed to post in portuguese and english is not my first language, my effort to post in english could deserve some more respect for a certain staff member who's always complaining about my bad english.

It's not about respect, and I don't complain. Learn your words. It's about me not understanding what you're saying, and you not understanding what you're reading. So, regarless of your petition, whenever you quote me and you simply don't know what you're saying or don't know what you're reading, I'll tell you about it.

And, stop calling me a staff member because I'm not.

Thanks.

Russ has single-handedly ruined the GNR community. He's basically the Devil.

It's the reason I wake up everyday.

Dear Staff,

Am I allowed to post in portuguese, my first language?

Thanks in advance.

GUNNER.

This is an English-based forum. We require all members to post in English.

Thanks!

My english isn't perfect, since it isn't my first language.

I would like to ask you if it bothers you or if it keeps you from understanding me.

Tks.

PM all your posts in your first language.

I will then transcribe them into English and make the posts on the forum for you.

Do warning points ever go away?

One of my warning points is from like 10 years ago, and it was from one inappropriate line in a "post a short story" topic.

And I think the other was from fighting with one of warchild's alt accounts.

Two warning points in 14 years isn't that bad.

I've got more warning points in the last 14 years than Axl has put out albums.

Edited by Apollo

Okay, new management: any chance we can get rid of the edit bar after a post is edited? Or at least make it so that it doesn't appear for edits say ~90 seconds from original posting time.

Don't have the slightest clue if this is possible. I looked around the forum's settings and didn't find anything, but that doesn't mean that this isn't possible (there are a lot of settings as you can imagine).

I'll continue to have a look but in the mean time, you might just have to put up with the edit notice for a little while longer.

it's possible, but i don't remember how to do it, and to be honest, i like having the edit function there -- because if there's ever an issue with a post we can tell whether or not it was edited at a later point...

Is it possible to fix the ignore function so you don't see that a person posted and you don't see their posts if they're quoted?

I'm not sure if this is possible but I'll have a look over the weekend and see what we can do.

• Like 1