Ask staff

UK SUBS

Another question I asked under the previous administration (I don't remember the answer):

Is it possible to allow users to tag other users in a post? Much like Facebook.

It's not an available feature yet. We're using the latest version of IP Board (3.47). The next generation of software is imminent, and when released, will include user tag functionality. Hopefully it won't be too much longer.

Correct! Lots of interesting things in 4.0. :)
  • Like 1

Right now I remember, I believe that's what HV said last time I asked, :lol: sorry about that! Thanks for answering.

The new version of the board has taken way longer than anyone anticipated. I believe it was announced over two years ago but just entered beta testing earlier this year. They're just now rolling it out in small waves.

It works just like quoting someone. I find it useless, just like the "like system." :shrugs:

But quoting someone makes sense since you're responding to what you're quoting. Under what circumstances do you tag someone? Or do you tag them instead of quoting their post? I'm going to stop now. I'm putting too much thought into this.

One of these days you will like a post of mine. I have a fantasy that I make a post so epic that you feel morally obligated to like it. Then I mic drop the forum, never to be seen again.

It works just like quoting someone. I find it useless, just like the "like system." :shrugs:

But quoting someone makes sense since you're responding to what you're quoting. Under what circumstances do you tag someone? Or do you tag them instead of quoting their post? I'm going to stop now. I'm putting too much thought into this.

One of these days you will like a post of mine. I have a fantasy that I make a post so epic that you feel morally obligated to like it. Then I mic drop the forum, never to be seen again.

I would use it the same way I do on fb; to bring something to someone's attention or include them in it.

Like I said before, I like the feature a great deal. So much stuff gets posted and there's just not enough time to be in the loop on all of it. I'm certain there's stuff I've missed that I would have been interested in, but I didn't see it.

On the other hand, I could see why people wouldn't like it as well. Most of the reasons I could think of have to do with trolling but that's something for the mods to handle anyway.

• Like 2

I would use it the same way I do on fb; to bring something to someone's attention or include them in it.

But on FB, people do that for good reasons ...

I'm not sure if it would happen in the same way around here ... :lol:

Like I said before, I like the feature a great deal. So much stuff gets posted and there's just not enough time to be in the loop on all of it. I'm certain there's stuff I've missed that I would have been interested in, but I didn't see it.

On the other hand, I could see why people wouldn't like it as well. Most of the reasons I could think of have to do with trolling but that's something for the mods to handle anyway.

I'm looking forward to tag Lithium in every post I make. I'm sure that'll make him very happy :)

But on FB, people do that for good reasons ...

I'm not sure if it would happen in the same way around here ... :lol:

You forgot to quote the rest of my post:

"On the other hand, I could see why people wouldn't like it as well. Most of the reasons I could think of have to do with trolling but that's something for the mods to handle anyway. "

:)

• Like 1

This is just a suggestion, there are no themes with only the Original band members, even the themes which have the old band members have the new ones also, so why not make a theme just with the old ones? Sebaz is I guess good in photoshop and editing stuff, so he can make a good theme, This is just a suggestion for the near future

Hey mods if Slash is talking about Axl/GN´R in some interview those threads belong in the main GN´R section. It is by far much more interesting and important than whatever bullshit BBF, DJ or Pitman say or do.

That thread should have been kept in D&N. Don't know who moved it.

Was it in D&N originally? If so, bad call with the gunga.

Yep. That was my bad, but it's moved back now.

That'll be 10 lashes on the backside. See me after school.

• Like 1