Anyone else think Axl should record an Audible book?

Yes, that would be great. Doesn't matter which book really. I'll go with Jonathan Franzen's Freedom, as it is my favourite book of the last couple of years and it is a huge book, so that's a plus.

I tried to read The Corrections a few years back but found it slow going so I abandoned it half way through. He has a good writing style but it was lacking in something. Would Freedom be better? Are they comparable?

Yes, that would be great. Doesn't matter which book really. I'll go with Jonathan Franzen's Freedom, as it is my favourite book of the last couple of years and it is a huge book, so that's a plus.

I tried to read The Corrections a few years back but found it slow going so I abandoned it half way through. He has a good writing style but it was lacking in something. Would Freedom be better? Are they comparable?

Well, I read Freedom first. Can't remember if I had a hard time getting into it, though, because I often have that. But I enjoyed it thoroughly and makes you think too. I am the worst in remembering a book after I've read it, but I still remember Freedom quite well, and it even has an impact on certain aspects of my life, or how I live my life. I can't say that of any other book.

As for The Corrections... must confess I started that, but couldn't get into it and have put it aside for now :lol: I don't know if they're comparable, but I definitely know I haven't put Freedom aside.

Well, I read Freedom first. Can't remember if I had a hard time getting into it, though, because I often have that. But I enjoyed it thoroughly and makes you think too. I am the worst in remembering a book after I've read it, but I still remember Freedom quite well, and it even has an impact on certain aspects of my life, or how I live my life. I can't say that of any other book.

As for The Corrections... must confess I started that, but couldn't get into it and have put it aside for now :lol: I don't know if they're comparable, but I definitely know I haven't put Freedom aside.

Glad it wasn't just me that struggled with it. I will check out Freedom in that case.

This thread is an all time low for MyGNR.

Why thank you. When Axl gets in touch because he is so impressed with my idea I'll remember not to nominate your partners book. :-p

I don't think my wife wants Mickey Mouse reciting a horror book anyhow.... ;)

really people?

This is actually a new idea for a topic and nobody posted anything other than the usual bashing?

meh

I can imagine a lot of books with Axl's speaking voice...

Lio did and Wfa's, controversial as it is, still counts. What's your choice?

Glad it wasn't just me that struggled with it. I will check out Freedom in that case.

Both books are great. :max: