the whole axl is retiring and dissolving gnr rumor

So why does Axl hate Slash's guts? I find it hard to believe Axl hates Slash specifically over Izzy and Duff for no reason. Slash needs to open up about that.

the million dollar question right there. duswalt's? book said it was tied to a certain event or circumstance.
Is it just the holding the crowd to ransom for Axl to steal the name. This one piece of disinformation cause Axl much butthurt.

Hmmm... what's happening here? feeling nostalgic? if so, then me too. "why can't they just sort shit out so we can enjoy that perfect chemistry?"

Axl hinted at sharing more in the future with his tip of the iceberg essay, but even with just the tip I can guess it's something horrible like maybe Slash raped Axl's entire family and got away with it and/or was a part of some area 51 conspiracy. Whatever it is, it's unforgivable so NITL.

I think because the chemistry is a myth. It wasn't all luck, Slash had to kind of play what Axl wanted in some cases. It's more a case of Slash knowing what the problem is not saying. Axl wouldn't hate him just because he quit and left him stranded, Izzy did that and he does a guest appearance whenever he wants. Maybe Slash made more of a campaign out of it and tried to up stage Axl. Izzy just went off into the desert. But that Duswalt guy says it's one specific thing...

So why does Axl hate Slash's guts? I find it hard to believe Axl hates Slash specifically over Izzy and Duff for no reason. Slash needs to open up about that.

the million dollar question right there. duswalt's? book said it was tied to a certain event or circumstance.
Is it just the holding the crowd to ransom for Axl to steal the name. This one piece of disinformation cause Axl much butthurt.

Hmmm... what's happening here? feeling nostalgic? if so, then me too. "why can't they just sort shit out so we can enjoy that perfect chemistry?"

Axl hinted at sharing more in the future with his tip of the iceberg essay, but even with just the tip I can guess it's something horrible like maybe Slash raped Axl's entire family and got away with it and/or was a part of some area 51 conspiracy. Whatever it is, it's unforgivable so NITL.

it could be anything? if I had to guess it would be something over a woman

But Axl fucked Slash and Steven's girlfriends, and something like that would get out. Slash telling Seymour to get away from Axl as soon as possible.

If it's that time Slash lost his sneakers and had to go backstage to find them leaving Axl out on his own telling jokes and Slash said something and Axl said "I heard that." If it's that, then I don't know. Seems to me Slash would say a thousand whatevers that could annoy Axl though.

Maybe Axl doesn't hate Slash, that's just what Slash said to make himself look cool? I'm close I can feel it.

• Like 1

I think because the chemistry is a myth. It wasn't all luck, Slash had to kind of play what Axl wanted in some cases. It's more a case of Slash knowing what the problem is not saying. Axl wouldn't hate him just because he quit and left him stranded, Izzy did that and he does a guest appearance whenever he wants. Maybe Slash made more of a campaign out of it and tried to up stage Axl. Izzy just went off into the desert. But that Duswalt guy says it's one specific thing...

No, I wasn't being sarcastic. I believe it's something horrible like raping one's entire family. And when you consider the fact Axl doesn't forget...I think Slash fucked Axl over big time and he didn't even realize how Axl will react to that. Didn't anticipate the fallout. Can't really anticipate crazy.

Most people will probably forgive horrid shit or bury the hatchet or their anger will dissipate with time. Not this ginger. I don't really blame Axl cause I don't know the whole story.

Slash is manipulative imo. I don't think it's something he only did to hurt Axl. But maybe it was? idk. It's his way of doing things and I suspect it always was. But Axl doesn't seem to accept that kind of behavior.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 1

But Axl fucked Slash and Steven's girlfriends, and something like that would get out. Slash telling Seymour to get away from Axl as soon as possible.

If it's that time Slash lost his sneakers and had to go backstage to find them leaving Axl out on his own telling jokes and Slash said something and Axl said "I heard that." If it's that, then I don't know. Seems to me Slash would say a thousand whatevers that could annoy Axl though.

Maybe Axl doesn't hate Slash, that's just what Slash said to make himself look cool? I'm close I can feel it.

Perhaps. I think he hates what Slash stands for in his mind. Lies, cruelty, betrayal? making shit worse for him publicly seems to be a thing. Dragging it on for years making Axl suffer. Holding the key to clear his name but not doing it. My guess is he views it as a hate crime against gingers. Who the fuck knows?

It's not just one thing probably. And again, it's kinda like Slash wrote a script and stuck to it and it was a big blockbuster. Made a killing and Axl was the victim in his mind.

I think I'm closer.

If Axl REALLY had something sane to say about a gross indecency Slash committed against him, it would have been leaked by one of his minions YEARS ago. (Beta fucking hates Slash and has a hair trigger temper, you think she's wouldn't have blabbed by now?)

Think about it, Axl came all the way down to here to call a nobody mod a cunt lesbian, there is no way he'd be able to keep his powder dry over a former band member's perceived wrong doing..

Remember his rant against Bucket after he quit?

Canter said there is bitterness over the "lost years" and Slash's comments in the press...of course Axl conveniently forget his "cancer" comment and his obvious lies about Slash's and Duff's treachery on the UYI tour and their forcing him to go out there when he wasn't well. (Read his glowing comments about Slash in Rolling Stone articles from the time).

Axl is one of those people, despite what he might say, his actions show that he can only see things from his side.

Axl is pissed because Slash lived on musically without him and would't fuck off into obscurity or choke on his own whiskey vomit in a flea pit motel off Venice beach.

This man has an enemy list for fuck's sake.

I love Axl's work but searching for Slash's gross wrongdoing like its the Holy Grail is fucking retarded...there is nothing more to all of this than two rock bitches who fell out. Its happened in countless band before them..The Kinks, Pink Floyd, Metallica, The Beach Boys, Pantera, Black Sabbath, Queensryche, The Smiths to name but a tiny few.

The only difference is that in this case, one guy just takes every slight so personally he responds like he's been gang raped...its part of what made him such a stunning artist but ultimately fucked him in the end.

lol just because Axl didn't talk about all of it, doesn't mean he won't reveal more in the future or doesn't have a new piece of info to share. Just like he waited years before writing the tip of the iceberg essay and also waited before sharing what he did on the Axl chats. You have funny rules. Axl is late as shit as always. It's nothing new.

I think Axl is insane, and everything gets bloated, but that doesn't make his reasons whack. And you don't seem like you'll give him the benefit of the doubt so whatever. Can't trust your ass. :P

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 1

Duswalt said it was something specific. We don't know if it's something new or something already covered. So I don't know if it would be revealing or not. I feel like if it was big than Slash would know. So I'm leaning more to everything we know. For Axl it probably is the Slash/Duff he made us sign over the name under duress type thing. That caused Axl a lot of problems, how that spooled out and how Slash kind of kept the reunion thing not happening because of Axl. When really he was never going back. If that Deli guy doesn't know I'm sure we don't but given that Axl seems to hate him, I'm interested to know why as most people think Slash is good people.

• Like 1

Duswalt said it was something specific. We don't know if it's something new or something already covered. So I don't know if it would be revealing or not. I feel like if it was big than Slash would know. So I'm leaning more to everything we know. For Axl it probably is the Slash/Duff he made us sign over the name under duress type thing. That caused Axl a lot of problems, how that spooled out and how Slash kind of kept the reunion thing not happening because of Axl. When really he was never going back. If that Deli guy doesn't know I'm sure we don't but given that Axl seems to hate him, I'm interested to know why as most people think Slash is good people.

Obviously you don't think Slash is good people. (right?) but I've gotta go back to what Axl said: "tip of the iceberg" what's that about? and I have no reason to doubt it's not just the tip. And Axl's and Slash's relationship seem complicated to me. Needy and...unhealthy. A lot of love and hate type thing which is pretty common, but not in that scale maybe.

Axl obviously loved the guy like he said. He also respected his amazing talent. Slash was also crucial to that version of Guns. Rolling Stones kind of fortune, bitch.

He abandoned Axl. Walked away (for whatever valid or unvalid reasons) I can't just say "ok, it was probably this, because it really looks that way" or because some guy said something about it. I need to know more. When you really think about it, we don't know much really. Not even with Canter helping us out.

Where is Axl's version? it's incomplete. Not good enough for me. I have to wait but in the meantime, a lot of people here want closure, but how can you close this head case when there is not enough to go by? the way I see it, you can't. All of this is just my limited view on it of course. I don't know shit, but I really really want to.

Edited by Rovim

Well, I don't know I can put together the pieces to support Axl's story or see the other side which is obvious BS. Call me impartially bias. Truly I don't know.

But that's the thing about "the relationship" brotherhood shit. In Slash's book he only ever talks to Axl once heart to heart and felt blessed. To me it was Izzy and Axl, Slash and Steven and those bonds went south leaving Slash and Duff hoping to avoid the chop or keep the boat a float with Axl being insane.

But what's all that nobody talks about Axl like that, only I can bitch about Axl because I had to deal with him for years. What about everyone else who got the corn? I just don't think anyone knew Axl, not even Izzy, they knew he was crazy. I'd say Del is more in tune and he's very cautious. More cool stuff from Slash I guess.

Because Axl wasn't going to let him do what he wanted and brought in his boy Tobias, Slash quit just like Izzy quit because ultimate they didn't need to be in Axl's band anymore. And they didn't agree it was Axl's band anyway, so yeah why bother. But I reckon they could have been in GNR if they wanted. Bottom line. Not ideal, but what is? That's bands I guess, Izzy doesn't deal with it anymore and Slash keeps it moving so he's in control for the most part. If Scott gets uppity he fires him. Myles is no trouble. So they all got what they wanted. Axl has to deal with the tainted band thing, which in some ways he makes work for him with the bad PR GNR have thrived off, it works, he's never been mr popular, actually now it's a bit embarrassing how much his ass gets kissed. We need a new dossier of shit from the vaults. CD II should be The Whole Iceberg.

• Like 1

I think Axl is insane, and everything gets bloated, but that doesn't make his reasons whack. And you don't seem like you'll give him the benefit of the doubt so whatever. Can't trust your ass. :P

You're right I don't cause he doesn't have a history of holding back.

Why be different if this is the worst shit anybody has ever pulled on him..

Get in the Ring...

His beef with Vince Neil

His rants about Kurt Cobain

His rant about Warren Beaty

His rant about Bucket

I'm not saying Slash is innocent, I just don't think he's any more evil than anyone else involved in a band beef.

You're right I don't cause he doesn't have a history of holding back.

Why be different if this is the worst shit anybody has ever pulled on him..

Get in the Ring...

His beef with Vince Neil

His rants about Kurt Cobain

His rant about Warren Beaty

His rant about Bucket

I'm not saying Slash is innocent, I just don't think he's any more evil than anyone else involved in a band beef.

the key is those people didn't matter as much as slash did, even the guys in the band, everyone was replaceable except slash.

I think Axl is insane, and everything gets bloated, but that doesn't make his reasons whack.

Has the looking less bloated thing died off now? Haven't seen it in a while.

I don't know. Didn't even think of that. Just meant the drama is strong in our ginger. Shit may get blown out of proportions. Like the camera thing: You take a pic, you die.

Edited by Rovim

If Axl REALLY had something sane to say about a gross indecency Slash committed against him, it would have been leaked by one of his minions YEARS ago. (Beta fucking hates Slash and has a hair trigger temper, you think she's wouldn't have blabbed by now?)

Think about it, Axl came all the way down to here to call a nobody mod a cunt lesbian, there is no way he'd be able to keep his powder dry over a former band member's perceived wrong doing..

Remember his rant against Bucket after he quit?

Canter said there is bitterness over the "lost years" and Slash's comments in the press...of course Axl conveniently forget his "cancer" comment and his obvious lies about Slash's and Duff's treachery on the UYI tour and their forcing him to go out there when he wasn't well. (Read his glowing comments about Slash in Rolling Stone articles from the time).

Axl is one of those people, despite what he might say, his actions show that he can only see things from his side.

Axl is pissed because Slash lived on musically without him and would't fuck off into obscurity or choke on his own whiskey vomit in a flea pit motel off Venice beach.

This man has an enemy list for fuck's sake.

I love Axl's work but searching for Slash's gross wrongdoing like its the Holy Grail is fucking retarded...there is nothing more to all of this than two rock bitches who fell out. Its happened in countless band before them..The Kinks, Pink Floyd, Metallica, The Beach Boys, Pantera, Black Sabbath, Queensryche, The Smiths to name but a tiny few.

The only difference is that in this case, one guy just takes every slight so personally he responds like he's been gang raped...its part of what made him such a stunning artist but ultimately fucked him in the end.

Awesome post. Spot on.

This. Remember that Rolling Stone article in 2000 when Axl said he cried "hot tears" over Slash leaving because he wanted him to be the best guitarist ever and he watched him throw it all away? This was back when Slash was playing clubs with Snakepit. Then a year later he was saying he would let Slash play a few CD tracks if he apologized. He was clearly expecting Slash to come crawling back eventually.

Slash re-emerging as an icon after VR/Guitar Hero must have really burned Axl's ass, and if his HOF letter is any indication he views Slash's success as something he obtained by tarnishing his name.

Edited by ShadowOfTheWave
  • Like 1

This. Remember that Rolling Stone article in 2000 when Axl said he cried "hot tears" over Slash leaving because he wanted him to be the best guitarist ever and he watched him throw it all away? This was back when Slash was playing clubs with Snakepit. Then a year later he was saying he would let Slash play a few CD tracks if he apologized. He was clearly expecting Slash to come crawling back eventually.

Slash re-emerging as an icon after VR/Guitar Hero must have really burned Axl's ass, and if his HOF letter is any indication he views Slash's success as something he obtained by tarnishing his name.

If he was expecting Slash to come crawling back, why did he reject him when he did?

If he was expecting Slash to come crawling back, why did he reject him when he did?

No apology. Apparently Slash left Axl a note saying "let's work this out" or something. According to Marc, Axl is not willing to even speak with him until he gets a public apology.

Or should Slash apologise for not crawling back before crawling back?

Apology for what? If nobody knows including Slash, shouldn't Axl let him crawl back first so he can tell him?

What Axl should do and what he would do are completely different things. Thought you already knew that.

Why would I know that? I don't feel I have any right to tell someone that much more successful than me what he should do. He obviously knows better than me or I would be just as successful.