GN'R Songs You Discovered Late, But Ended Up Loving It?

Oh man, so many.

I'll stick with two though. NR, and PC.

NR:

My main exposure to it in the early days was the video. I didn't get my own copies of the UYI's until about 96. Anyway, I'd hear NR, and my brain would just be something like: "There's nothing to see here. This is Bon Jovi-esque wussy ballad shit. Move along." Then one day at a friends house I finally heard the solo, which was awesome, and instantly made the rest of the song awesome too.

With PC it's different. I'd heard the entire song a million times. The 'cheese factor' of the chorus always put me off. I always liked the part where the guitars kick in for the verses, but it wasn't until I started watching more concert footage when the internet came along that I started to "love" said parts. The chorus still seems a bit cheesy/cliched to me, but my love for the other parts trumps it.

Edited by Brunzopolis

I hated Breakdown the first time I heard it, love it now.

This

Plus it took me a lot of time to get into Think About You

I hate Cooper's part in The Garden but the rest is so good.

that's why I love the live versions so much more...plus they add a some subtleties to the song that the studio version lacks

I just listened the first live performance of The Garden and get what you're said

Garden of Eden. Just never gave it too much attention at first. Love it now. One of my favorites.

I'll throw Oh My God out there too. I know it's not original GNR but whatever. It was so different and weird at first I just could not get into it. But damn, it's a pretty bad ass track.

Edited by J Dog

Oh My God

Same here. I remember hearing the teaser clip that came out for End of Days and thinking, why is GNR embracing disco (because of the disco beat in the chorus)?

GNR, for me, was always big sweeping melodies over crunching/bluesy guitar sections with hard rock drum beats. When I first heard the chorus of OMG, I was astounded how flat the melody was. The chorus is mostly one note, sort of like the guitar solo in Neil Young's Cinnamon Girl.

But once I heard the whole song I saw how the chorus fit and ended up loving it. I think it definitely prepared me for what was to come.

• Like 1