GN'R Songs You Discovered Late, But Ended Up Loving It?

I didn't really get into Estranged until about the year 2000 (Live Era). Never really liked Don't Cry, it just doesn't have an awesome bit like the end of Patience or the solo of TIL. The video is cool when Slash drives off that cliff though.

Wouldn't say I discovered any of Appetite "late", but it took me several listens of that album to really enjoy all the songs. First time I around I only liked Jungle, Child and Paradise City. 2nd listen I liked Nightrain and Rocket Queen. 3rd listen came Out Ta Get Me and Brownstone. So on and so on.

Illusion was a bit of a challenge as well. I loved about half of it right away, but the other half I didn't pay attention to cause it was so much stuff. So stuff like Perfect Crime, Don't Damn Me, Coma, Locomotive were all stuff I missed the first time around. I didn't hate Perfect Crime, but it seemed childless and silly for a long time till I finally came around to it and loved it now. I know I thought Coma was too long, but then I heard it again years later and was like "but this part's classic... and this part... AND this part." They took time only cause those records are so long.

I hate Cooper's part in The Garden but the rest is so good.

that's why I love the live versions so much more...plus they add some subtleties to the song that the studio version lacks

Edited by Sixes

I really like Garden of Eden haha.... at first I thought it was gimmicky but then I played it on guitar and really got into that metallic ass riff. I still hate the SFX that Axl shoved in there but its a cool song. It would have been awesome live with them all singing the chorus and it being less produced.

And I didn't really like Perfect Crime until I saw the clips from Philly and Indiana.

How amazing is that as an opening... I love that specific video because, although the quality is pretty shit, you hear the cavernous stadium and it feels huge. Axl is on fire... SMOKING baby.... I mean Indiana is cool energy wise but his voice was shot.

Edited by Ant