Kanye West 2015 - "Only One" feat. Paul McCartney out now

bacardimayne

For some reason I don't see this being on the next album, more like a one off + a treat to the fans. A song with Paul McCartney on the first day of 2015 is a statement.

I can't wait for Yeezy Season. Hopefully it kicks off sooner than later.

I could see it as the first or last song on the album, or just as a bonus track.

whoops.

well, there should probably still be a thread for his new album, eh?

I mean, I don't care either way, I just made that thread for the Kanye/Macca collab and so far all we have is a track from that collab, so I don't see the need to make a new thread for it.

The only people who seem upset at the song are dadrockers/buttrockers who generally hate hip hop artists

From the sound of things, the two made a whole album together; could be a follow-up to Watch the Throne, which was a Jay-Z/Kanye West collab

i'm not upset i just call a spade a spade here

Also people who are using dadrock/buttrock on a GNR forum are complete retards. Seems to me that you have poor taste in music (except your Buckethad fanboyism)

Btw i like hip-hop artists (khmm artist not Kanye West who have nothing to do with arts)

Also people who are using dadrock/buttrock on a GNR forum are complete retards.

GNR isn't dadrock.

I wonder what Piss On Your Grave will be like.

Give us All Day hooray for tolerance!

The All Day snippet sounded like a bad attempt at doing some Chief Keef/Wiz Khalifa style vinehype shit.

I can just picture the vines of people at the gym "how much do i work out? ALL DAY NUGGA"

Edited by bacardimayne

Also people who are using dadrock/buttrock on a GNR forum are complete retards.

GNR isn't dadrock.

Not exactly

Btw the term is pretentious as fuck

I don't even use it as an insult really. It's just an accurate word to describe bands like Dire Straits and Kansas. I actually like a lot of what I'd consider dadrock.

Also people who are using dadrock/buttrock on a GNR forum are complete retards. Seems to me that you have poor taste in music (except your Buckethad fanboyism)

Btw i like hip-hop artists (khmm artist not Kanye West who have nothing to do with arts)

The discussion is about the Beatles, which is one of the shining examples of dadrock in modern music :P the term is as real as college rock and post rock, hell there's even momrock with artists like Def Leppard and Bon Jovi. They seem to be the major demographic upset because one of their idols, McCartney is working with someone that doesn't fit with their idea of what "real" music is

Kanye's one of the most respected artists in the hip hop genre because of albums like College Dropout and MBDTF, only people with an axe to grind for what tabloids and such say seem to hate the guy

(or T-Swift fans)

Dire Straights is dope tho.

Motivation, you seem like a really angry person.

He's the one who went on a rant about Kanye being a "plagiarist" for sampling the Hungarian rock song in New Slaves, even though it was credited on the back of every hard copy of Yeezus. I wouldn't get too hung up on his opinion of Kanye or many other things.

• Like 1

Shitrappers like Kanye are terrible.

He also had a tantrum over an influx of rap threads in My World, going so far as to ask the mods to delete threads that weren't about rock music. :lol:

This is a rock music forum, not a buttrap forum

I just listened to this track with no idea of Kayne's stuff and a general idea of McCartney's stuff and I thought this is ok. Yeah, maybe, he could have done without some of the effects, but the message is clear and honest and the music is good.

My only question is that what did McCartney do for this song? Back-up vocals? Lyric writing? Piano/Keyboards/other organ-like instruments?

Edited by Anguyen92