Kanye West 2015 - "Only One" feat. Paul McCartney out now

bacardimayne

This song was ruined thanks to the autotune indeed, but what baffles me more is that people call Vince Neil a good singer. That guy is washed up beyond belief. He can't even belt out the lyrics properly without gasping for air 3 times after every sentence. Check out

to see what I mean. Godawful.

This song was ruined thanks to the autotune indeed, but what baffles me more is that people call Vince Neil a good singer. That guy is washed up beyond belief. He can't even belt out the lyrics properly without gasping for air 3 times after every sentence. Check out

I see nothing wrong with that performance. Its actually pretty cool and probably expanded their audience with it being a major american music festival and all

People not knowing who Paul McCartney is is not a big fucking deal. He's washed up as fuck, that's why he's making a song with Kanye West. He is an out of touch old man desperately trying to cling on to any amount of relevance he can. The modern generation not entirely knowing who he is is just fucking right. But hey, anything to jump on a musical high horse right? The Beatles were shit anyways, fuck you.

He had an album hit number three in the US and UK just in 2013. You're a terrible cupcake and you should drown yourself.

Everyone getting mad at WFA's post is great. That's a copypasta that's been going around since the 'outrage' over people not knowing who McCartney is started (which isn't even a real thing, it got started from a bunch of fake twitter posts designed to piss people off).

• Like 2

Everyone getting mad at WFA's post is great. That's a copypasta that's been going around since the 'outrage' over people not knowing who McCartney is started (which isn't even a real thing, it got started from a bunch of fake twitter posts designed to piss people off).

Sounds more like people trying to cover up their stupidity. Oh I was joking lol! I know who Paul McCartney is.

Kanye West and Paul McCartney: haters will hate but anything that opens minds to new material works for me

That some people don’t know Macca is a kick in the guts to those who still insist the popular music of yore is still the most important in the world

Kanye’s West’s new song has got the music world in a tizz and not because Only One, an ode to his mum, is a little on the schmaltzy side (I’ll admit I got teary listening – but I’ll cry at a news story about a kitten rescued from a drain).

It’s controversial because West has teamed up with the poster boy for music’s old guard – a gent whose most successful musical output came at a time when many armchair aficionados say “music used to be good” – Sir Paul McCartney.

It’s not surprising this collaboration has inspired a wave of negative comments at the bottom of news articles. In my 20-plus years working in music print and radio I’ve never stopped hearing self-described music lovers saying they don’t like “that rap crap”. Even though this particular song is a ballad, West will always be associated with hip-hop, hence the instant vitriol.

It astounds me this opinion still prevails among so many – this kind of music has been round since before baby Kanye was born and has consistently provided some of the most challenging and entertaining sounds in contemporary culture.

Safe to assume – at least I thought – that it couldn’t be ignored as a musical form.

Judging by some of the responses to the collaboration, this is not the case. But if it takes someone like McCartney to change a few people’s narrow minds about hip-hop, the characters that exist in that world and the music it spawns, then I’m glad this collaboration happened.

Not that you’d always know it but West is admired by a fair few critics and fellow musicians - take the late Lou Reed's glowing review of his last album. For those who don’t like his music, however, he’s an easy double target thanks to his unpredictable behaviour and massive ego.

The thing is, I don’t see these same personality flaws posing too much of a problem for most white, middle-class rock and pop stars. And they certainly don’t cop the same level of flak West attracts.

That West fans have popped up to say they don’t know who this McCartney person is hasn’t helped. Social media has been awash with comments like “wtf is Paul McCartney?!? This is why I love kanye for shining light on unknown artists.”

Many have been revealed to be the relatively harmless trolling the internet was made for. But before we slam the others, stop to consider that a familiarity with Sir Paul’s oeuvre depends on where, when and with whom you’ve grown up. That some people don’t know Macca any more is a kick in the guts to people who still insist the popular music of yore is still the most important music in the world.

One of the reasons I continue to work in this industry is the hope of opening my own and other people’s minds to new material they might not (yet) like or understand. I admit, music isn’t good simply for being different, but when I see people dismissing someone’s entire career – or worse, a whole music genre – because it isn’t to their own narrow tastes, it bothers me deeply.

Hating on Yeezuz (or Macca for that matter) is far too easy. Perhaps it’s time to look at why people hate, rather than what they hate.

http://www.theguardian.com/music/2015/jan/07/kanye-west-and-paul-mccartney

Dislike of hip hop as a whole is just subliminal racism.

There, I said it.

I don't know, I don't really like hip hop and the style. Maybe a few songs here and there, but I also haven't explored a lot. Maybe I should!

Or maybe... I'm racist... :nervous:

Edited by ZoSoRose

I think it'd be better said as "dismissal of the hip hop genre" due to a deluded sense of "it's just about shooting people" and whatever the hell Miser said may be a reflection of something else.

This, thank you.

I suppose some people who don't like it just haven't really been exposed to different kinds of hip hop. But it's baffling to me that people can just say that rap music "sucks".

• Like 1

Sounds more like people trying to cover up their stupidity. Oh I was joking lol! I know who Paul McCartney is.

nah

http://noisey.vice.com/en_uk/blog/the-media-got-trolled-into-thinking-kanye-west-fans-dont-know-who-paul-mccartney-is?utm_source=noiseyfbuk