Rob Ford thread

Zint

Thanks KK. :P

He's got his work cut out for him. His latest poll numbers are the lowest ever (around 21 percent). The front runner now sits with 38 percent. Anything can happen, but as of right now, it doesn't look good for Ford.

For some odd reason, I seem to like the guy....not sure what it is. Yeah, he smoked crack with a bunch of hoodlums.... And pretty much embarrassed the city..... but at least he (eventually) came clean about it. And he seems like the guy that lives next door, that you wouldn't mind having a beer and a few laughs with once in a while. :shrugs:

He came clean about it because he was caught red handed. If you don't mind living next door to a guy who beats his wife, then hey, who am I to judge.

He's got his work cut out for him. His latest poll numbers are the lowest ever (around 21 percent). The front runner now sits with 38 percent. Anything can happen, but as of right now, it doesn't look good for Ford.

For some odd reason, I seem to like the guy....not sure what it is. Yeah, he smoked crack with a bunch of hoodlums.... And pretty much embarrassed the city..... but at least he (eventually) came clean about it. And he seems like the guy that lives next door, that you wouldn't mind having a beer and a few laughs with once in a while. :shrugs:

I think if he wasn't mayor of Toronto, and was just some guy not in the public spotlight (say for instance, an accountant or a construction contractor) you would not at all think that "having a beer and a few laughs" with him was a good idea. He'd probably creep you the fuck out.

I think if he wasn't mayor of Toronto, and was just some guy not in the public spotlight (say for instance, an accountant or a construction contractor) you would not at all think that "having a beer and a few laughs" with him was a good idea. He'd probably creep you the fuck out.

What's creepy about this:

FEMALE VOICE: Rob!

FORD: Is that your, is that your wife?

HIGH PITCHED VOICE: Yeah.

FORD: Get her a shot right now or I’ll fucking break her—

MALE VOICE: It’s not a competition

FEMALE VOICE: Stop.

FORD: I don’t mind talking politics. Fuck bro, I fucking pound this every day.

MALE VOICE: It’s nine o’clock at night. I tell you about my job it’ll last for fucking two hours.

FORD: [i heard a] dumb fucking wop over there, sorry. Is that racist? Sorry. If you don’t get a shot in two seconds I’ll knock your fucking teeth out. No, no, I don’t want that fucking dago down there to start.

FEMALE VOICE: Everyone is allowed their down time.

MALE VOICE: That’s what I’m saying. It’s after nine, it’s over.

FEMALE VOICE: What do you want?

FORD: I want to give him two shots … ‘cause those two dagos are drinking together.

MALE VOICE: Did you just call me a dago?

rediculously-funny-rob-ford-for-presiden

You've already taken Justin Bieber, Celine Dion, and Ted Cruz from us. The U.S. is more than welcome to take Rob Ford as well. I can tell you that I wouldn't be putting up any protest at the border.

• 2 weeks later...

In another clip from the same day, Toronto resident Joe Killoran speaks his mind aloud, after having to endure the smug Ford bros parading through his neighbourhood with an oversized FORD NATION banner in tow.

http://globalnews.ca/video/1426392/rob-ford-gets-into-heated-confrontation-with-topless-jogger-on-canada-day

AT some point (not sure if it is in this clip) Doug Ford calls the man a racist.

The fallout of that was Dougy being pressed to explain himself, to which he uttered this reply..

32zufxh.jpg

Yes folks, the Ford brothers and Ford Nation.....

In another clip from the same day, Toronto resident Joe Killoran speaks his mind aloud, after having to endure the smug Ford bros parading through his neighbourhood with an oversized FORD NATION banner in tow.

http://globalnews.ca/video/1426392/rob-ford-gets-into-heated-confrontation-with-topless-jogger-on-canada-day

AT some point (not sure if it is in this clip) Doug Ford calls the man a racist.

The fallout of that was Dougy being pressed to explain himself, to which he uttered this reply..

32zufxh.jpg

Yes folks, the Ford brothers and Ford Nation.....

I wonder if Ford thinks you can be racist against racist people.

What a fucking joke these bozos are. I felt a bit bad for Ford (just a wee bit) when the shirtless dude was yelling at him, but he really only has himself to blame for continuing this farce.

It's funny how Ford Nation will now forgive Rob because he went to rehab, as if rehab has anything to do with misogamy, bigotry, racism, and homophobia. Problems with alcohol and drugs does constitute a disease and not personality traits, but those other nasty traits are who Rob is as a person. Toronto is far too open-minded and tolerant of a metropolis to have such an ignorant man act as its chief representative.

Edited by downzy

I can understand you feeling a wee bit bad for Rob in that clip.
I didn't, because I know that big bad Rob would be the first one dropping the hammer (hard) on any other political opponent in the same situation.

I must say, it sure was nice seeing Doug looking flummoxed.

I bet they thought they were going to parade-triumphant to wild rounds of hurrahs.

I can understand you feeling a wee bit bad for Rob in that clip.

I didn't, because I know that big bad Rob would be the first one dropping the hammer (hard) on any other political opponent in the same situation.

I must say, it sure was nice seeing Doug looking flummoxed.

I bet they thought they were going to parade-triumphant to wild rounds of hurrahs.

I felt bad in that the guy just came back from rehab (although, he likely spent a week or two at his family's cottage in Muskoka). Having several friends with substance abuse problems, it's a tough road and having someone berate him in person likely isn't going to help.

But as you said, if the shoe were on the other foot the Ford brothers would likely do the same thing. Moreover, Ford is putting himself out there with continuing his mayoral campaign. The pressures of such an endeavour, compounded with his history and unwillingness to be open and honest about his past indiscretions, leaves him wide open to be addressed in such a way.

Edited by downzy

I have family members and friends with alcohol addiction issues, some dead, some struggling, some currently in over their head, some recovered, so I get where you're coming from.

However, when I see clips from today's interviews, and he is asked point blank, (paraphrasing) "seeing as you have acknowledged the errors of your insults to the Toronto gay community (he hadn't), and have offered apologies (he hadn't) and you now realize your statements and actions occurred while under the effects of your addiction, will you attend the Pride celebrations in your city next year?"

He looked at the interviewer with those patented Rob Ford stone cold eyes, with just a glimmer of that you-fucking- motherfucker-asking-me-that glare, and said "I deal with this disease one day at a time".
And he did that stand up sober.
That was how he responded to the question.
This guy hasn't changed at all.

He's going to dodge everything under this "I have a disease" mantra, which, using addiction issues to play politics is so disgusting and a slap to those making serious efforts to change, it makes me loathe this scumbag even more.

• Like 1

Well said Zint. The guy deserves everything that's coming to him.

I can't wait until I win my $20!

LOL! I suppose you think the Leafs are making the playoffs next year as well :P

I'll take that bet for another $20 if you're down lol

Well said Zint. The guy deserves everything that's coming to him.

I can't wait until I win my $20!

LOL! I suppose you think the Leafs are making the playoffs next year as well :P

I'll take that bet for another $20 if you're down lol

I never bet on the Leafs. Never a sure thing, whether you're betting on them to win or lose.

• Like 1

It wouldn't surprise me at all if the fratboy-mentality vote didn't edge the election and swing him back in office.

"he said eat pussy on t.v.! right on bro!"

Thing is, how many of those types (and people that get their picture taken with him for that matter) vote in municipal elections?

It wouldn't surprise me at all if the fratboy-mentality vote didn't edge the election and swing him back in office.

Thing is, how many of those types (and people that get their picture taken with him for that matter) vote in municipal elections?

Maybe the same amount who thought it was funny to elect the Terminator? :shrugs:

Maybe the same amount who thought it was funny to elect the Terminator? :shrugs:

If anything, the much-coveted fratboy vote would go to Nikki Benz.

http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/Canada/2014/05/27/21700391.html

"This is overreaching a mayor’s powers, but Ms. Benz proposes making National Masturbation Day a civic holiday. I know, I know, I hear you, every day should be National Masturbation Day, but Benz sees it as a way to soothe Toronto’s chronic angst."

She has my vote rock3

Rob Ford's support is stuck between 20-25 percent. He's not going to get anymore than that unless it's just down to him and Chow. And even then he wouldn't win. Ford ranks dead last when Torontonians are asked who their second choice for mayor. His ability to appeal to undecided voters or those who favour a candidate that might drop out is nonexistent.

He won in 2010 as a reaction to David Miller. Now, many will be voting in reaction to Rob Ford.

• Like 1

"This is overreaching a mayor’s powers, but Ms. Benz proposes making National Masturbation Day a civic holiday. I know, I know, I hear you, every day should be National Masturbation Day, but Benz sees it as a way to soothe Toronto’s chronic angst."

She has my vote rock3

Rob Ford's support is stuck between 20-25 percent. He's not going to get anymore than that unless it's just down to him and Chow. And even then he wouldn't win. Ford ranks dead last when Torontonians are asked who their second choice for mayor. His ability to appeal to undecided voters or those who favour a candidate that might drop out is nonexistent.

He won in 2010 as a reaction to David Miller. Now, many will be voting in reaction to Rob Ford.

I think it will come down to him and Chow come election night. We'll see. Should be an interesting few months of campaigning.

I think it will come down to him and Chow come election night. We'll see. Should be an interesting few months of campaigning.

I don't see Tory dropping out. The whole reason he decided to jump in is based on the suspicion that Ford won't be able to keep it together until election day. Tory could win if Ford were to drop out, since a majority of Ford's voters would more likely vote for Tory than Chow. Granted, Ford may never drop out of the race, but there's always the possibility that Ford will slip up between now and the election.

Besides all of that, it's kind of ridiculous that the election season for the mayorship lasts nine or ten months. It should be thirty days. We elect premiers and prime ministers in one fifth the amount of time. And they have way more power and authority in both absolute and relative terms than the mayor of Toronto.