Rob Ford thread

Zint

Come on P5, there's already a Rob Ford thread! :anger:

Sorry, had to merge the two threads and give it an appropriate title.... :P

I concur with GG - though I'm not a fan of his performance as Mayor, I hope the tumour isn't cancerous.

Curious if this is the issue that finally gets him to drop out of the race.

Hey, time I have to use wifi when I'm in Canada is precious - I'm not gonna waste it searching for the Rob Ford thread :tongue2:

I concur with GG - though I'm not a fan of his performance as Mayor, I hope the tumour isn't cancerous.

Hey, time I have to use wifi when I'm in Canada is precious - I'm not gonna waste it searching for the Rob Ford thread :tongue2:
P5 got Russ'd. Downzy rulez!

That's true. Wifi and bandwidth are expensive in Canada.

Would you be willing to put a small wager on it?

Absolutely... $25?

I should be getting better odds but for the sake of making this happen I'm cool with even money.

2 stipulations though:

1- Ford doesn't get arrested prior to the election

2- Ford doesn't pull out of the election before October 1st.

Deal?

I was really looking to take your $25 but will settle for a draw...

Lucky guy! That tumor really saved you Coma. And let's be honest. Even if he had stayed in the race, he wasn't going to win. The last poll had Tory up by 14 points.

EDIT: Of course, we could keep the bet going and just sub Doug for his brother now that Doug has taken Rob's place. Your call...

• Like 1

Lucky guy! That tumor really saved you Coma. And let's be honest. Even if he had stayed in the race, he wasn't going to win. The last poll had Tory up by 14 points.

EDIT: Of course, we could keep the bet going and just sub Doug for his brother now that Doug has taken Rob's place. Your call...

Races are won in the final few days but the fact that Ford (Rob) made it this far has defied all odds imo. I bet pinkos like you and ZInt are celebrating now that democracy can be your friend again :)

I'm not big on Doug. The only thing he has going for him is that he looks like Brock Lesnar. Let me get back to you on Monday though so I can see how he speak in the coming days. If I think he has a chance to beat Chow then I'll take that bet to be a good sport (even though it's pretty much guaranteed he won't beat Tory).

Edited by Coma16

Interesting enough and I don't mean this as a joke, more of a cautionary tail. Rob Ford smoked crack, more than he let on for sure, I also knew a guy that was into crack for a time. As "rare" as this cancer is (less than 1% of all cancers) he too had this one. He lived for 4 years after being told he had 6 months. They don't know enough about this cancer as it is rare.

Hope for the best for the man, he was fun to make fun of when it was fun, today at least for me changed everything. Hope he turns out well...

While my sympathy goes to him, since cancer sucks equally no matter who you are...why the fuck did he let a pain go unchecked for three months? The first few weeks it didn't go away should tip anyone off that something is wrong.

Cant fault him for not going sooner, in Canada our "Free" system is often abused by people running to the emerg for silly things. If I went everytime I had pain I would get cancer from all the tests they give out

He may have put it off as being overweight, detoxing etc. I do flooring for a living, my pains are mostly my job I figure, or maybe not?

Edited by gunsguy

I hope the guy beats this. He is quite the character, and for some reason, I have grown to respect the guy.

Interesting enough and I don't mean this as a joke, more of a cautionary tail. Rob Ford smoked crack, more than he let on for sure, I also knew a guy that was into crack for a time. As "rare" as this cancer is (less than 1% of all cancers) he too had this one.

Correlation does not imply causation, or as some scientists and statisticians are known to say the plural of anecdote is not data.

I hope the guy beats this. He is quite the character, and for some reason, I have grown to respect the guy.

Interesting enough and I don't mean this as a joke, more of a cautionary tail. Rob Ford smoked crack, more than he let on for sure, I also knew a guy that was into crack for a time. As "rare" as this cancer is (less than 1% of all cancers) he too had this one.

Correlation does not imply causation, or as some scientists and statisticians are known to say the plural of anecdote is not data.

Not saying its anything just interesting to me

Thank god someone is taking up for the crackheads!

Addiction is a disease that results from a chemical imbalance of the brain the same as bipolar or schizophrenia, but I suspect that you know this, and you just thought you were being clever.

EDIT: besides, you are just making shit up, I didn't defend crackheads.

Edited by Not An FSB Agent

Addiction is a disease that results from a chemical imbalance of the brain the same as bipolar or schizophrenia, but I suspect that you know this, and you just thought you were being clever.

Lighten up, Francis.

Lighten up, Francis.

When you set about constructing straw men, don't use what I write as filler, cool. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

For those familiar with Toronto's transit system, here was Doug Ford's vision for subway expansion that was released Friday:

subway-plan.jpg?w=620&h=348

:rofl-lol::rofl-lol::rofl-lol:

Why it's so funny is due to the spelling mistakes. It's Don Mills, not Done Mills. And Eglinton is spelled with only one g.

Coma, good thing you never took me up on the offer to extend the bet. Looks like Toronto won't have Biff from the Back to the Future movies as our mayor.