Rob Ford thread

Zint

Not only is Ford not making Toronto look good but his supporters are making matters worse.

I've always said, it's human nature for people to support those to whom they can relate. Ford knows it too, that's why he keeps harping on the "I'm only human, I make mistakes like everyone else" crap. He's banking on everyone who has made mistakes, done drugs, etc to relate to him and therefore support him. It's just another bullshit excuse for a lack of accountability, one of the greatest problems to plague modern society.

The irony in all of this is that this is coming from Toronto's supposed conservative flank. Prior to all the news about Rob you'd probably have every one of his supporters express having a zero tolerance for drinking and driving and illicit drug use. Subsequent to Ford's admissions, Ford Nation now seems to be saying, "oh, when we said zero-tolerance what we really meant was zero-tolerance for everyone else - not our guy (or ourselves)."

• 3 months later...

i would make an exception to the constitution to allow rob ford to become president of the US. :lol:

Please take him. We've already dumped Justin Beiber on you, this would be icing on the cake for us Cannucks tired of being embarrassed by dumbasses.

Guest Len B'stard

England'd have him off ya were it not for the fact that we got more crackheads, pissheads and sexual deviants in the house of Lords than just about anywhere you can think of :D

England'd have him off ya were it not for the fact that we got more crackheads, pissheads and sexual deviants in the house of Lords than just about anywhere you can think of :D

But do your politicians go on late night talk shows to joke about their sins while serving office?

Anyone catch Kimmel last night? I definitely don't think this was the kind of interview Ford was expecting. Jimmy was on his game; I have to say that he did Rob no favours.

Just watched it on Youtube. I thought Kimmel was pretty tough on him....didn't hold any punches but Ford took it well, for the most part. Ford actually came out as a pretty nice guy by the end of it.... :shrugs:

Anyone catch Kimmel last night? I definitely don't think this was the kind of interview Ford was expecting. Jimmy was on his game; I have to say that he did Rob no favours.

Just watched it on Youtube. I thought Kimmel was pretty tough on him....didn't hold any punches but Ford took it well, for the most part. Ford actually came out as a pretty nice guy by the end of it.... :shrugs:

I saw it and was laughing the majority of the time. It was a bit of a roast and Ford took it well. I'm sure his enemies in council are finally scared that they'll be out if a job come October. Whole thing is crazy but like I said months ago, if Mayor Ford doesn't get formally charged he will be elected again.

I saw it and was laughing the majority of the time. It was a bit of a roast and Ford took it well. I'm sure his enemies in council are finally scared that they'll be out if a job come October. Whole thing is crazy but like I said months ago, if Mayor Ford doesn't get formally charged he will be elected again.

Absolutely no way this is happening. Even without the crack scandal, Ford's chances of winning re-election were fairly thin to begin with. Ford was a response to Miller, he won't have that going for him this time around. He also has to contend with two other prominent (one less so than the other) right-leaning candidates in Karen Stintz and John Tory, and a consolidated left vote in Olivia Chow. In 2010 he had the entire right vote to himself with most of the left vote fractured among two candidates (George Smitherman and Joe Pantalone). He won't face the same voter split this time around.

Ford, and his wayward supporters, confuse notoriety with support. He is undoubtedly a notorious figure, but his support is overstated by himself and his cronies.

Dude is the next best thing to Chris Farley, he even pulls that sheepish act Chris would do on The Chris Farley Show.

yeah that is who he reminds me of. i wish more politicians were more like ford. :lol:

Would you be willing to put a small wager on it?

Absolutely... $25?

I should be getting better odds but for the sake of making this happen I'm cool with even money.

2 stipulations though:

1- Ford doesn't get arrested prior to the election

2- Ford doesn't pull out of the election before October 1st.

Deal?

$25? You guys should bet some sort of dare....something like the loser must write, " I have been owned by (winning member's name) and I have no idea what I am talking about when it comes to politics" on their signature, in the largest font, bold letters, etc. and leave it there for a month.

Edited by Kasanova King
  • Like 2