Rob Ford thread

Zint

I think Doug Ford out-douched his brother today though with that bullshit smokescreen he attempted.

I can't help but wonder if Dougie kicking the dragon this morning started a chain reaction that lead to Rob's lawyer saying," ok today's the day, you have to beat them to it and announce you've used crack, here just read this and this. and get the hell out of there".

hey gaiz i really think Rob Ford should step down because he has a much brighter future ahead of him:

professional wrestling.

Or rather, professional wrestling management. He is PERFECT. He is the right combination of sweaty, round and unintentionally hilarious. He is the sort of guy who could be a great pest outside the ring and everyone would love to see him take a tumble or two. Hell, he has been doing that for years and I know i sure love it (I.e. halloween 2013).

This could be the greatest tandem of all time : The ghost of John Candy managed by Rob Ford.

2iuw6xi.jpg

Hey! Only one of those things is true now!

There's a rumor going around that the second video is a sex tape of Rob, and there's a question as to the age of the other participant. Take it for what it's worth - just an internet rumor right now.

The editor of Gawker was on CBC Newsworld yesterday and said the alleged second video wasn't of Ford. But he also admitted he hadn't seen it and was just going by what the guy that got him the Ford video said.

There's a rumor going around that the second video is a sex tape of Rob, and there's a question as to the age of the other participant. Take it for what it's worth - just an internet rumor right now.

The editor of Gawker was on CBC Newsworld yesterday and said the alleged second video wasn't of Ford. But he also admitted he hadn't seen it and was just going by what the guy that got him the Ford video said.

Yeah, I have a hard time believing the rumor is true since the owners of it would have likely tried to sell it while trying to sell the crack video.

But I've got to think it's something of interest.

This.

As this continues the more I actually feel sorry for the guy. He apparently has no one around him who really cares for him. The fact that not his wife, brother or mother have tried to coax him into rehab is sad.

It was sad but also amusing listening to the Ford brothers on Sunday. One woman called in and accused Doug (Rob's brother, for those who haven't been following closely) of being an enabler, which Rob quickly shot down. But just minutes later Doug is telling Rob that if he wants to get wasted, he's best to do it in a basement and out of the sight of the public. WTF?

How his family and friends think he can make it through another year of this is beyond me. I've known several people with substance abuse problems and the last thing that anyone should do with this problem is be allowed to continue as if nothing is wrong. Add the pressures of being mayor to one of North America's largest cities (and the media attention that comes with it), and I don't know how Stewart's prophecy of a eulogy doesn't come to pass sooner than later. Forget for a minute what this crisis has done to the reputation of the city; it's got to be having a horrendous effect on the big man's physical and mental health.

Watching his press conference the other day it left me wondering why he wants to remain as Mayor despite the intense scrutiny that comes with it. I've got to assume that he's under the belief that there's nothing for him outside of that job, that life for him holds no value unless he's the big chief of Toronto. Add in some megalomania and it probably explains his utter departure from reality. Depsite the damage the city will long survive, but I'm not sure how much longer Rob has left if he's left to continue.

Edited by downzy
  • Like 1

Actually the head of Gawker was on cp24 yesterday via phone and said although he did not see the 2nd video it was someone in a high position smoking crack, part of his deal to view rob ford's vid was he cannot say what position that is, and he does not the persons identity.

Actually the head of Gawker was on cp24 yesterday via phone and said although he did not see the 2nd video it was someone in a high position smoking crack, part of his deal to view rob ford's vid was he cannot say what position that is, and he does not the persons identity.

You're probably right, and I truly hope that a sex tape of Rob Ford never comes to bear. But if you told me a year ago that there would be a video of my mayor smoking crack, I wouldn't have believed that either.

hey gaiz i really think Rob Ford should step down because he has a much brighter future ahead of him:

professional wrestling.

Or rather, professional wrestling management. He is PERFECT. He is the right combination of sweaty, round and unintentionally hilarious. He is the sort of guy who could be a great pest outside the ring and everyone would love to see him take a tumble or two. Hell, he has been doing that for years and I know i sure love it (I.e. halloween 2013).

This could be the greatest tandem of all time : The ghost of John Candy managed by Rob Ford.

lol next MSL starts now

1297386318335_ORIGINAL.jpg?quality=80&si
:lol:
looks like a dead body to me

You're probably right, and I truly hope that a sex tape of Rob Ford never comes to bear. But if you told me a year ago that there would be a video of my mayor smoking crack, I wouldn't have believed that either.

Your post about his mental state is probably bang on the money. I wouldn't doubt that he's now heard about the internet rumours of this sex tape either. Imagine the added effect of that on his current situation?

I think he's continued on quite naively, like he's totally underestimated what's going to be thrown at him over the next 12 months. He'll have a camera around every corner any time he steps out, and probably one through his window every other day. It's a lot to handle and you can't exactly go into hiding when you're in office.

Your post about his mental state is probably bang on the money. I wouldn't doubt that he's now heard about the internet rumours of this sex tape either. Imagine the added effect of that on his current situation?

I think he's continued on quite naively, like he's totally underestimated what's going to be thrown at him over the next 12 months. He'll have a camera around every corner any time he steps out, and probably one through his window every other day. It's a lot to handle and you can't exactly go into hiding when you're in office.

With all due respect HV, that's pretty much been his entire term. It's been one scandal after another. Sure the stakes have been raised with the crack admission, but it's not like he was coasting along before.

With all due respect HV, that's pretty much been his entire term. It's been one scandal after another. Sure the stakes have been raised with the crack admission, but it's not like he was coasting along before.

Don't get me wrong, I'm in no position to comment seeing as I don't follow the situation closely (I've read about it a lot since this topic because I found the whole thing so interesting)... but surely nobody's gone so far as to suggest child abuse before, right?

I get what you mean though.

Don't get me wrong, I'm in no position to comment seeing as I don't follow the situation closely (I've read about it a lot since this topic because I found the whole thing so interesting)... but surely nobody's gone so far as to suggest child abuse before, right?

I get what you mean though.

I should state that the child abuse/sex scandal is something that resides in the deep bowels of the Internet. It's extremely likely that it isn't true.

But it highlights several of the points both of you have made. By Ford's unwillingness to be completely honest about what has transpired he has allowed others to write the story. His ability to refute any new allegation will be greatly diminished as he's lost all credibility. As Bard points out, Ford has fumbled his way from one personal/professional scandal to another. Now, we've gotten to the point where ridiculous rumors (such as a sex video/child abuse) will cause most to pause where they would have been rejected immediately. We're now at such a point of escalation that even the most absurd rumors make people wonder.

If Ford feels like he's lifted a thousand pounds off his shoulders, he's likely going to feel that weight again when he reads about the rumors swirling around him. He seems like a fragile individual to begin with; what happens now that he's got the weight of the world bearing down on him and his capacity limited as to how he can handle the day-to-day?

Edited by downzy